Party Bets error (Not sure what section to put this in)

• BusinessGuru
      BusinessGuru
      Bronze
      Earlier this week i went to put a bet on a horse race, the 2.50 at Sedgefield, however the horse i wanted to back wasn't on the racecard on the partybets website. Thinking it might be a non-runner i checked on 'At The Races' a channel on which the race was being shown and it turns out the horse was running and whats more the published party bets race card was missing three other horses. I emailed partybets with my complaints and a screen shot. After 3 days without reply i find a cancelation notification from partybets concerning the 2.50 at Sedgefield saying my bet was cancelled. To me this just looks like they are trying to cover their backs by passing off their error as a cancelation. The fact that they can post a race card with out 3 runners on it two of which were front runners worries me.

I was also wondering if i wanted to take my concern/complaint further who would be the best organisation to go to. Who deals with mal practise when online betting is concerned?
  • 1 reply
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi BusinessGuru,

The bookmakers has every right to not allow punters to bet on a certain outcome. This is quite common in the odds on favourite races, when you can bet on a race, minus the favourite.

A bet is still classed as a gentlemans agreement. Therefore even if a bet wins, they can refuse to pay you, and theres not an awful lot that can be done about it, unless the amount of money is worth going to court over. I still don't think you would win in court very often. The only thing that stops the bookmakers from constantly canceling bets, is that they will go broke when people stop betting with them.

Any online sports bettors should have several accounts. Myself, I have money on 9 sites. It helps for situations like yours, and also shopping around for the best odds. Which is neccesary to gain an extra edge, and to make the maximum amount of returns per bet.

Sry for the late reply, I don't check this section often myself.

Best of luck,
      Stiev