So far BR = 4x original BR

• spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      i started with the 50 $ from the quiz . so far i got 200 $. been playing the NL25 for a week .

observations: SSS works sweet. you definitely win money if you use the charts along with you poker skills/intuition.

problem is you win money but very slowly. What works for me is multitable 2 -4 tables starting SSS . after a winning session i keep playing on the table with the winnings until i get a bigstack .

bigstack means you win faster but you also lose faster. If you can apply maximize winnings and minimize loses this works in your favor

Spotting the fishes has been a major factor. if you lose because someone sucked out on you and he made a terrible cal or play by all means bring more money to the table and get his chips !

mistakes:
      a)I tend to missplay when i am in the BB .. i should play more carefully when i get a free play.
      b) when i play against loose players and the board is wet i have to raise more to protect my hands. they seem to call the standard 2/3 and pot size bets when drawing quite easily.
      c) when i am sure i have the best hand but my opponent could catch up on the next streets easily i have make their pot odds bad according to how loose they are
      d) if i slowplay i need to be able to fold more easily

any comments are welcome
  • 12 replies
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      If you as SSS player don't leave table after double up(by strategy we should leave table when we have 25BB or more) why not playing BSS right from start? I mean i see no point playing your way? If i see nice fat fish on table and want more money i right away rebuy o max.

Anyway try to avoid playing outside of solid BRM since with few bad beats you can go broke.

For example today i lost almost every hand at NL50 and won most at NL25. Not fair since made my day in nice minus ;) I just want to say you can win lots of hands as SSS but than lose few as BSS and be in minus ;)
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      You posted this in the right forum, self management!

Firstly if you're playing with a big stack that you made out of a smaller SSS stack so if you went from 5$ to 25$ in your stack you're playing with a ~10BI bankroll for BSS, which his very very bad. Also in between the small and the big stack you have a middle stack, for which we don't supply strategies but as far as I know middle stack has the disadvantages that you can't get a lot of money in when you want to, and you are too committed when you don't want to be.

In short, follow the articles religiously, bet & raise as much as the articles recommend, just don't stray AT ALL!! You don't win money all that slowly with SSS if you work your way up to 6-8 tables, if you want to tackle BSS then read the articles for that strategy and play accordingly with the correct BRM.
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      thanks for the advice guys i will try to do that . I just don't enjoy the game so much when i play SSS . i know my BR can't handle bigstack NL25 yet. if i lose a BI i am going back to just playing SSS. i plan to stick in NL25 for a looong time before moving up :)

the articles have helped a lot my game but i still try to mix it up a bit because i would become predictable otherwise

btw how can 8 tables fit in the screen ? i can just fit 4
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      i currently again at 203 $ BR . after a rollercoaster of up and down i experienced that you are totally right. too bad i had to learn the hard way .

i went up to 360 $ playing with bigstack NL25 , after a few missplays that got me tilting i even dropped below 200 at some point...

lesson of the day , stick to the guidelines and stop playing if you are tired and not playing your best anymore.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by spit22
      lesson of the day , stick to the guidelines and stop playing if you are tired and not playing your best anymore.
      that lesson is worth more than $100, for a lot of people it was far more expensive, $400 in my case.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by spit22
      thanks for the advice guys i will try to do that . I just don't enjoy the game so much when i play SSS . i know my BR can't handle bigstack NL25 yet. if i lose a BI i am going back to just playing SSS. i plan to stick in NL25 for a looong time before moving up :)

the articles have helped a lot my game but i still try to mix it up a bit because i would become predictable otherwise

btw how can 8 tables fit in the screen ? i can just fit 4
      Ok you have 200$... try NL5 full ring games BSS strategy. This will give you a taste of it and you have 40 BI, hence if you play badly and make mistakes it won't cost you too much.

If you play good you can try moving up to NL10... 20BI. Thats a very loose BR already and if you go on a downswing or serious tilt it can do massive damage so be carefull.

Just don't play NL25. You need atleast 500$ for that.. to be safe 600$
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      after almost being broke i am back to 150$ again after winning a couple of tournaments. I will take a break from poker for a while and come back when my exams are over to work on my BR .

I learned that it's better to avoid coin flip situations most of the times. i lost more than 10 coin flips in a row in cash games which costed me a lot. I can avoid them most of the time since i can read quite well my opponents and win money in better spots.

and as i was informed my rakeback will finally come on friday :)
    • aahitman
      aahitman
      Bronze
      Spit 22 can I ask you with how many hands were u able to get your BR 4x the original one?

Thanks
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      not many bro , like 5k hands. But i didn't follow the guidelines provided here for BR management . First of all i have been playing poker for a while before starting out here and i had quite a lot of knowledge so it's not advisable to do what i did as a beginner.

even if you make the correct play you will get unlucky sometimes. The faster ways to make big wins safely is targetting only the biggest fishes or people who are easily readable and if you are already a v good player get cheap buyins in big tournaments.

if you are just starting out just stick to what the articles say. The most money made are the money you saved when you took a bad beat and stopped playing because you are tilting. Remember that.

hope i helped :)
    • Harold1
      Harold1
      Global
      isnt what's called SSS really MSS because your between 15-25 BB
      Short stack is less than 14 BB, push or fold?
      I'm alittle confused.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      SSS is for cash games- you play very few hands but play these hands agressivly (15-25BB)
      Push/fold in tournies- when you have 13 or less BB in tournies you either go allin or fold preflop
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      back to 100$ again and then back to 200$ as i was at the start of this thread. It seems that if i try to play outside my BR reach i simply take bad beats everytime when i am a big favorite. I always seem to climb back up with tournament play so I think i will stop cash games for a while and continue with tournament play :)