This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 66 FR

• Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5,80
      BB:
      $2,70
      Hero:
      $14,25
      MP1:
      $3,00
      MP2:
      $11,80
      MP3:
      $7,50
      CO:
      $15,75
      BU:
      $10,75

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 6:diamond: , 6:spade:
      Hero raises to $0,40, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,40, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1,35) A:heart: , A:diamond: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1,00, MP2 folds, CO calls $1,00.

Turn: ($3,35) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $3,35

Alright, I'll explain how I thought here... First of all, I raise all pocket pairs first in, after getting it explained in a video on the french site (I think) why limp/calling is bad.

I think the flop calls for a C-bet against 2 opponents (I dont usually do this), since an ace is definately in my range. When CO calls I thought pretty hard on what to do here since I almost never 2nd barrel otherwise. However I put him on the trips or the flushdraw, so I decided to make a 2nd barrel to make it look as if I was protecting (actually maybe I was doing just that).

I was really happy when he folded :P

So, I just wanted an opinion on this... OK to c-bet against 2? OK to 2nd barrel? Should I actually stay away from this type of play (basically trying to play my opponents cards... really way above my skill tbh) on NL10?
  • 2 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Your play seems very advanced to me since your hand isnt so good and you are oop =)

Raising 66 pf is prob ok on this passive board. (what if you get raised?)(I think I prefer more ppl in the hand if I hit my set)
      The cbet is ok I guess since he rarely has an A here.
      2nd barrel here prob gets him to fold pp and FD which are his most likely hands.

I'm interested in what judge will say lol
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I say: nh!

You definitely need to be able to read this villain and his hand range. Is he capable of folding pockets, maybe even better then yours? If so I like it.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar