What do you like to do in your free time?

• MadeInPolanD44
      I would like to ask you to write about your hobbies and passions to which you dedicate yourself in your free time. (even if you do something once a month or some interesting courses that you attended - like a cooking class)

I'm looking for something new and i im hoping this thread will give me some new ideas. (also im counting that others may benefit from this thread in the same way)
  • 33 replies
    • gadget51
      Mrsgadget, the dog, the housework, shopping and decorating and mowing the lawn; occasionally xbox Halo or HalfLife or suchlike.
      On the rare occasion I get an hour to myself, I like to 'do maths' a bit, but I'm losing control of that to now.

Gadget the baller. :rolleyes:
    • SDK1987
      I play football (soccer) in mine free time every Saturday afternoon (match) and Tuesday evening (training).
      Further I like to play poker off course (Fifty50’s and sometimes MTT’s) and bicycle with mine family.
    • NutzAreOk
      Play poker. :coolface:
    • SWScuracao
      Smoking weed, growing weed :heart:
      just treating/feeding my plants makes me happy :]
      give a bonsai tree a try
    • TinoLaan
      What free time? :f_biggrin:

Basically all I do when I'm not working, studying or playing poker is play volleyball, watch tv series, watch football, play FIFA and drink beer. I can recommend all of them :]
    • redrawstump
      Take up guitar dude. There's a massive crossover between music and poker imo. Chess is up there too. I'd play more golf if I have the time. I run a lot too but I don't class that as a hobby as 1) it hurts and 2) it's more of a health thing
    • Harrier88
      I used to do tons of sports, but sadly, I'm not that much into them anymore; I don't even watch them as much as I used to. Lately, however, I started going jogging and working out on an almost daily basis again, and more importantly, actually started enjoying it again.

Up until recently, I also used to play rugby at a local club. Even though I technically quit, I am still an official member of the club and stay ready to be called to action any time we have a shortage of players for a certain game (which can happen a lot), so I might find myself back on the field sooner than I think.
      Another interesting sport I used to do at university is fencing, I can definitely recommend it if you have the chance to try it out.

I also love to try out gambling games of skill and luck other than poker, especially exotic ones like Hanafuda or Mahjong, I actually own a deck of cards/tiles for both of these games. It's a nice way to broaden your horizon a bit. Board games like chess or backgammon are also very interesting, even though I tend to gloriously suck at them, especially at chess.

I'm not much of a video gamer, but I also play them casually from time to time. For some reason, I tend to prefer the old stuff from the 80's and 90's, and I have a decent little collection that includes some obscurities like the Nintendo Virtual Boy and a pong console from the 70's.

And if all else fails, there's always drinking. :f_biggrin:
      I would write few things up here but that would be at least socially irresponsible thing to do, so I'll pass this one..
    • poker1972
      cycling, betting, watching football.....
    • Thiamtan
      hi i look on sport and only play Dart when i have free time

love football
    • Dedees89
      Sing lalalalalalala sing lalalalalala sing
    • slonsi
      Play poker :)
    • dAlex69
      In my free time I currently work out a lot, doing resistance training around 5-6 times a week and cardio 2-3 times a week. I also enjoy playing star craft 2 :-). I am searching for a clan right now and I love watching tv series. Somehow I became addicted to GOT like many others....

Most of the time however I spend meeting friends, with my girlfriend and my family.
    • PmagicLchocoOballs
      poker, MMA, CS:GO
    • roopopper
      1) Dancing
      2) learning to play the trumpet
      3) trolling forums
      4) Drinking beer ( hence no 3 above)
      5) Going on sunny holidays
      6) Snuggling with Mrs Roo
      7) Taking my whippets for a walk
      8) Making the garden look nice
      9) More snuggling with Mrs Roo
      10) Having fun with my grown up kids (this could be technically classed in no 4 as it normally turns into a party!)
      11) Sleeping ( Especially like to sneak a quick nap on a Sunday afternoon on the sofa after a big roast dinner)

Roo :f_biggrin:
      Originally posted by slonsi
      Play poker :)
    • mktpppr
      poker, what else is there?
    • victorrr25
      POKER of course!!!! :)
    • timothy34
      poker & tennis!!! :D