The real winners of WSOP 2008

• 24 replies
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Is that truth? 70%+ taxes? WTF???

Then i suggest that all gamblers come together, donate some money and buy Iceland as i heard it went bankrupt. Then we can set 0% tax policy there.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      that is seriously -EV
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well, pretty normal. USA was always known about its high gambling taxes, and Denmark law is obviously insane. In Bulgaria, we have 10% flat tax, so Im not afraid, Should I win it next year :D
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      sick, it would kill me having to give thousands of dollars to this country. I'd rather busting before the bubble , I would open push every hand then :)
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Denmark is crazy in taxes so i believe :D He should move out lol :D
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Silver
      Originally posted by slikec
      Denmark is crazy in taxes so i believe :D He should move out lol :D
      As you see in coments on that site. he moved to London, but when tournament started he was still living in Denmark.

Don't know what will happen in the end, but i wouldn't be pleased with that tax rate
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      You guys believe everything you read on there?

is this site really a reliable source?
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      sick, it would kill me having to give thousands of dollars to this country. I'd rather busting before the bubble , I would open push every hand then :)
      millions
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hmm I think if I move Pro, I will go to UK/Ireland or Monaco. damn wanted to go to Sweden, have a good blonde chick + solid poker =((

Auch @ Danish Tax.
    • moonmanjjang
      moonmanjjang
      Bronze
      ouch. If i was Eastgate, I would try to buy an American citizenship

with a million dollar.
    • hepcat
      hepcat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hmm I think if I move Pro, I will go to UK/Ireland or Monaco. damn wanted to go to Sweden, have a good blonde chick + solid poker =((

Auch @ Danish Tax.
      The taxes on poker is'nt that bad in here in Sweden as they seems to be in Denmark.

On Lottery winnings outside EU we have to pay 30% tax And poker Winnings are regulated as lottery winnings.
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      As said he moved to the United Kingdom, where there are no taxes on pokerwinnings.
      Since he likely moved there with that purpose I suppose his extra winnings (excluding the 9th place cash he got earlier) are taxed in the UK (so no taxes).

For Belgium, I thought it was something about 40-50%, but I could be totally wrong on that.

If the UK keeps this no-tax policy, I'd see London becoming a 'Monaco for pokerpro's'.

Anyhow, it's a tough matter. You can't really expect not to pay taxes, but paying as much as 70% seems a bit outrageous.
    • darklydreaming
      darklydreaming
      Bronze
      Demidov FTW. Eastgate should have made a deal with him to avoid the top prize being subject to Danish taxes, which apparently are unfrikkin believable...
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      Demidov cashed twice as much as eastgate would have if he stayed in denmark.
      Every danish taxlaw is a joke. We pay incometax of up to 68% too.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hepcat
      The taxes on poker is'nt that bad in here in Sweden as they seems to be in Denmark.

On Lottery winnings outside EU we have to pay 30% tax And poker Winnings are regulated as lottery winnings.
      So 30% Flat?

Demidov cashed twice as much as eastgate would have if he stayed in denmark.
      Every danish taxlaw is a joke. We pay incometax of up to 68% too.
      Isnt this 68% the same as in Sweden? In Netherlands its up to 53%
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Silver
      In Croatia tax is 22%. That's flat. No "special" taxes on gambling or anything else
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      no taxes on gambling or lottery winning in Australia.....not just the climate where we have it good!! :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AussieIan
      no taxes on gambling or lottery winning in Australia.....not just the climate where we have it good!! :)
      Seriously? Sweet! :o
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AussieIan
      so what was the deal with hachem ? Didn't he have a problem because of that?