Crushing in 3-bet pots - NL Course with Bierbaer

• Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Crushing in 3-bet pots

Time: Tuesday 20:00 CET

You mastered the foundations of the game, read some advanced content, but your progress seems to be slowing down? Then check out this course and learn how to crush your opponents in 3-bet pots!
      In this course you will learn everything about exploitive pre-flop concepts for 3-bet pots, how to continue post-flop and how to apply GTO in 3-bet pots.

The 4-lesson course includes the following contents:

Topics
      1. Maximizing EV in resteal-spots
      2. Exploiting aggressive 3-bettors and 4-bettors
      3. Exploitive flop play in 3-bet pots
      4. Playing in 3-bet pots OOP - from pre flop to river

Participate! - This coaching is for you!
      You will get the chance to post example hands and questions. Depending on the extent of the hands and questions posted an additional lesson might take place. Take this chance to get your individualized share of the coaching!

What will happen in the coachings?
      • Theoretical crash course with most important concepts
      • Applying theory with hand examples
      • Applying the theory in live sessions

Looking forward to the coachings, see you there!
      Phil

Coaching Notes
      In this section the notes from the coachings will be posted.

--- Maximizing EV in Resteal Spots ---

General
      - Most important in resteal-spots: Be aware of post flop game!
      - The pot grows exponentially - river mistakes the opponent makes are going to help your winrate more than small pre flop mistakes
      - Maximize profit instead of constructing pretty ranges
      - Instead of constructing a pre flop range - take 1 hand that you struggle with and learn how to play it post flop.

C-Betting in Resteal Situations
      In a nutshell: c-bet hands, that you're comfortable betting 3 streets with

Concept: Take a step back!
      When it seems that all options on one street suck, maybe you should have taken a different action on a previous street.
  • 26 replies
    • ZergZoul
      ZergZoul
      Bronze
      Looking forward to next coachings :)
    • ExDreamerWarcrafter
      ExDreamerWarcrafter
      Silver
      Today's coaching was really good! Looking forward to attend next parts. Cheers from Russian community :megusta:
    • SWScuracao
      SWScuracao
      Bronze
      Great coaching! can you throw the second (simulation)hand you had prepared online so we can try and solve that one?

See if i can test the waters again from the CO :coolface: :coolface: :coolface:
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

thanks for the feedback!

Below you will find the second hand.
      As a homework, assign ranges to hero and villain and consider how these ranges change over the streets and after different actions. Also keep in mind to factor in alternative actions and how these might in turn influence the various ranges involved.

Have fun testing the waters ;) .

Phil

$1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: $101.50
      Hero (SB): $122.92
      BB: $265.21
      UTG: $105.71
      MP: $100.00
      CO: $140.14

Hero posts SB $0.50, BB posts BB $1.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has Q Q

fold, fold, CO raises to $3.00, fold, Hero raises to $10.00, fold, CO calls $7.00

Flop: ($21.00, 2 players) T 3 5
      Hero bets $11.00, CO calls $11.00

Turn: ($43.00, 2 players) A
      Hero checks, CO bets $19.00, Hero?

Villain plays 24/17 after 46 hands
      Reads: No further reads
    • ExDreamerWarcrafter
      ExDreamerWarcrafter
      Silver
      Bierbaer, will u upload text from sublime?
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Hey,

it's added to the first post under "coaching notes". It has been there since last wednesday or so :) .
      I boiled it down to the most important concepts.
      If you need anything else, let me know.

Best regards,
      Phil
    • ExDreamerWarcrafter
      ExDreamerWarcrafter
      Silver
      Bierbaer, thank you!
    • nomorefish
      nomorefish
      Silver
      Heey, best couchings with u;cant believe that all this infos you give us are for free and appreciate that so much..respect ;)
    • BotiaKiraly
      BotiaKiraly
      Bronze
      I can't find the video of the first coaching. Could somebody post it in the thread, please? :f_confused:
    • leshkopoker
      leshkopoker
      Bronze
      Amazing coaching today thank you.

Can you say few words on how to pick exact hands with which we want to call 3b(around 16%) OOP against a guy who does it too much. I'm willing to put in work on this but not sure how to start. Also, how would you alter your range if villian is very aggro post flop? By slowplaying? How can I figure out this on my own(exact hands to defend with)?

Regards,
      Filip
    • buschips
      buschips
      Originally posted by BotiaKiraly
      I can't find the video of the first coaching. Could somebody post it in the thread, please? :f_confused:
      +1 Still waiting for the vid. ;(
    • Klotzwater
      Klotzwater
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I really enjoyed your coaching!
      After you showed the math for examining a 4bet/call with JJ against a villian who 3bets so tight that he can defend half of his 3bettingrange by only shoving a range of 2.5% (QQ+, AKs, AKo), I tried to calculate how other hands loook in that spot. For the case that villian shoves, you showed that the math would be: (chance villian shoves) * (chance we win * size of the final pot - amount we invested). For JJ against the 2.5% shovingrange, the result was 0.44 * (0.36 * 200 - 100) = -12.32.

Now a friend of mine and I noticed several things:
      1) We have 4betted before villian shoves, so we have to call less than 100bb for the chance to win the pot. Don't we have to subtract the amount we 4betted from the 100bb in the calculation?
      2) The amount that we can win will not be 200bb but something like 190bb on the lower stakes where the rake really hurts.
      3) Assuming we hold AKo against that type of villian, we have 38.82% equity against his shovingrange. But we only win 18.15% and split 20.68% of the time, because his range consists of many AK combos. In the case of a split, we would again lose 5bb to the rake. Is there a way to consider this problem in a more detailed formula?

We are not that good at math, so we don't know if these thoughts are correct :f_ugly:
    • BotiaKiraly
      BotiaKiraly
      Bronze
      Hi,

awesome coaching.

I was trying out the raise cbet in 3bet pots(I didn't really have a wide raising range before)

Anyways I decided to raise this one, and someone asked me what is my value raising range here, and I didn't really have any. Even though we do not need a very balanced range in these spots we should have some value raising range, cause we don't really have what to represent.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/10964785_0AB55336BB

maybe a call flop and raise T if a spade comes would have been a better line, I'm not sure if I will have the odds though if he shoves over my raise.
    • SWScuracao
      SWScuracao
      Bronze
      Shitt- missed the coaching and couldnt reply çause had to go on an introductionCamp- littleisland in the middle of nowhere, no wifi :s_mad:
      The coaching from last tuesday online already? :f_love:
    • ZergZoul
      ZergZoul
      Bronze
      I have to say I expected more from this coach, didn't learn much about exploiting aggressive 3-bettors, but learned a lot about how to play JTo...
    • BotiaKiraly
      BotiaKiraly
      Bronze

Not sure if this is irony or you REALLY didn't get the coaching

Anyways good stuff imo.

Thanks!
    • buschips
      buschips
      Originally posted by buschips
      Originally posted by BotiaKiraly
      +1 Still waiting for the vid. ;(
      I guess this course will not find a way into the video section? ?(
    • BotiaKiraly
      BotiaKiraly
      Bronze
      Maybe we should discuss different flop textures on which we should raise cb as bluff in 3b pots

I tried out some, and we do have a lot of FE.

I found that the worst boards to raise are low connected boards, cause they hit villains 3b bluff range and I don't think he is folding his overcards either

Another type of board was Axx Kxx, we have the FE, but if they call we can't really continue OTT
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZergZoul
      I have to say I expected more from this coach, didn't learn much about exploiting aggressive 3-bettors, but learned a lot about how to play JTo...
      If you were looking for a solution such as "If he 3-bets more than x%, then 4-bet" - I can imagine you were disappointed. However, this is not where the edge lies. Understanding post flop situations is essential for countering aggressive 3-bettors, because you exploit them by calling their 3-bet and then have them make mistakes with a wide range post flop.

I hope this clears up for you why we were discussing flop situations :) .

Phil