Just Zoom It

• TheStudente
      TheStudente
      Bronze
      Introduction

I guess its my turn to start a blog on this forum, have always wanted to but have never put out the effort to actualy do it.

My name is Marcus and my current location right now is Sweden. (Where all the cool boyz come from, just sayin)
      I started playing poker the very next day I turned 18 but I lost my 2 buyin deposit the very same fucking day. Awesome right?

But I sticked around just playing for fun read alot about the game but I never really took it that serius, I wanted to trust me. But the problem where I did not put in any effort to improve and I did not put in any volum.

But it changed when one of the moderator moved in with me in my apartment, He helped me alot to improve on my game and I start winning some real money, No huge number but still some.

Hmm, ye what can I say? I'm going to start school again in 2 weeks, It is called Microsoft.Net Development. It sounds fancy but its not. I hope ._.
      Ooh! I'm 22 years old.

I go by the nickname TheStudente on Pokerstars and Full Tilt so if you see give me a stack. Thanks <3

Format

So all my focus right now goes to 6max Zoom on Pokerstars.

I have played mostly on Full Tilt but changed it to Pokerstars, Why you wonder? Dont know really.

Right now I'm playing NL 25 with only 2bb/100 in 56000 hands! It fucking sucks balls I know.
      But guess what?! 56k hands is alot of knowledge to become a greater poker player so I'm pretty happy with that result.

But overall if I include all my hands on NL10 and such I got a 5bb/100 in 115k hands.

Bankrole

Current: 1296$

If you wonder why I dont try on NL 50 already is because I got a plan when to move up. I just dont want to move up just because my bankrole tells me too. I really want to be ready for the next level!
      So thats why I'm going to play at NL25 untill December this year.
      Then I'm going to start out at NL50 and in 2015 I'm going for Supernova on Pokerstars.

:diamond: Crush NL 25
      :diamond: Move on to NL50
      :diamond: Improve my postflop skills
      :diamond: Watch alot of fucking videos
      :diamond: Get my mindset stronger <-- this is a problem for me any tip?
      :diamond: Start to workout
      :diamond: Focus 50/50 on school and poker.
      :diamond: Cut down alcohol <-- I think its eaiser to beat Tom Dwan in heads up.

This is just some small goal I want to do before the end of 2014.

Hmm, I think thats it, If you have any question feel free to ask me.
  • 21 replies
    • TheStudente
      TheStudente
      Bronze
      Graph Of The Day:

This where a pretty swingy session I must say.
      But I like the reslut so I cant complain really.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi TheStudente, and welcome to the blogs!

That's probably a wise decision to wait until you're ready to move up in stakes, rather than following some rigorous bankroll management guidelines to the letter.

If you want to improve your poker mindset, I can definitely recommend Jared Tendler's The Mental Game of Poker, I think it really is the ultimate work on this subject.

Good luck with your goals on and off the felt!
    • TheStudente
      TheStudente
      Bronze
      @Harrier88
      I felt that way too.
      Thanks! I will check it out.

Thanks for the support!
    • ImpasX
      ImpasX
      Bronze
      Hey, GL with your challenge. Just wanted to say, variance is huge in poker, so don't be upset about 2bb/100 winrate over 56k hands. If you're 5bb/100 winner you can run horribly for 50k hands or so. :f_cool:
    • vandeuren
      vandeuren
      Bronze
      Nice to see you've got your own blog now, will follow it for sure, GL and I'll soon add you to skype. BTW read an interesting about winrates on huge samples, if correct this means that even over 800K hands you only got 95% certainty about a 2bb + or - interval ( so if its 5 bb/100 after 800k hands, your "real" winrate could still be 3bb or 7bb /100)
      hope it is not against forum rules to post link here, mods can remove, and i apologize if this is the case:http://www.nsdpoker.com/2011/03/nlhe_6m_pros/
    • TheStudente
      TheStudente
      Bronze
      @ ImpasX I'm well aware of this and I just hope thats its never going to happend. hahah!

@ Vandeuren Ye I know I just have a semi volum right now. I'm looking forward to the end of the year to look at the result either way! :)
      yee get your skype man, lets talk!
    • TheStudente
      TheStudente
      Bronze
      Hahah, todays grind is going to be 0 hands. I actually going out for some beers with my co-worker to day.

I think I just broke one of my goal. Good job Marcus...... ._.
    • TheStudente
      TheStudente
      Bronze
      Todays lesson:

Never drink alcohol again.

Going to get in some volume later when I dont feel like a rotten fish.
    • vandeuren
      vandeuren
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheStudente
      Todays lesson:

Never drink alcohol again.

Going to get in some volume later when I dont feel like a rotten fish.
      lolz good idea prob, U find a lot of blogs here where people do fitness challenges, would not go that far personally , but probably the "mens sana in corpore sano" has some truth in it
      gl getting over the hangover
    • TheStudente
      TheStudente
      Bronze
      @vandeuren

Getting a gym card later next week, So I will start some kind of fitness challenge for that.
      It took a while before I could put in some volum. But its gone know! Yeey
    • TheStudente
      TheStudente
      Bronze
      Todays Graph

Did not run so well today.
      But I dont really care, this is a standard day in poker!
      Just keep on going tommorow.

Think I'm going to include some tourneys tommorow too. What do you guys think?

PEACE
    • leshkopoker
      leshkopoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheStudente
      Todays Graph

Did not run so well today.
      But I dont really care, this is a standard day in poker!
      Just keep on going tommorow.

Think I'm going to include some tourneys tommorow too. What do you guys think?

PEACE
      Definetly following, GL Marcus!

It's always nice to luckbox some tourneys so go for IT!! Btw, had same story with alcohol in Friday :s_mad:
    • TheStudente
      TheStudente
      Bronze
      @Leshkopoker: Thanks mate! :) I whould be awesome too luckhit a 1st place on a tourney! "Alcohol, because a great story never starts with an sallad"
    • TheStudente
      TheStudente
      Bronze
      Graph Of The Week:

Graph Of The Day:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, today has been a crappy day! But hey its just Poker right?
      Lets hope that I have a better day tommorow!

PS: School starts in 1 week, SO FUCKING HYPED!
    • vandeuren
      vandeuren
      Bronze
      nice weekly graph you got there, congrats
      did you change something about your game that your red line suddenly goes up? or is this just "variance"?

ps added you on skype
    • TheStudente
      TheStudente
      Bronze
      @vandeuren

Trying to be more aggresive in position against regulars at NL 25. And it works pretty well.! Love to make some moves sometime but it is not that often I do it, But when I do I try to hand pick my opponent and really put them in hard spots.
    • TheStudente
      TheStudente
      Bronze
      Graph Of The Day:

I really need help guys! I'm so tired all the time when I come home from work I dont have the energy to put my ass on the table and just focus all the way! Its so enoying, I want to put in like three times more than this!
      But I can only do that on weekends.

Tips?
    • vandeuren
      vandeuren
      Bronze
      who needs volume when you are running at 14bb/100 ;)
      If you don't feel focused enough to grind, maybe it's better not too, u r not a machine :)
      maybe physical exercise will help to give you more energy
      are you still 4tabling btw?
      ps: have same prob with volume last days, how did session end yesterday?
    • TheStudente
      TheStudente
      Bronze
      @vandeuren
      hahah true story!
      But now its only 8bb/100 ;( Still run good doh.
      Ye I really need to start at a gym and get some energy and some confidence!
      I always play 2tables Zoom I dont want to make poor decision for more volym.
      Quality -> Quantity (does it spell this way?)

The sesion last day where a pretty ok. ( See graph above)

Good Luck at the tables!