Do you believe in the supernatural?

• NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      New thread. In my opinion this pretty interesting topic since I actually have some experiences myself. So the questions are: Do you believe in the supernatural? Do you have any experiences yourself? Share your thoughts. :)
  • 33 replies
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      I belive in the show Supernatural as i've watched it. Does that count? :coolface:
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      I`d like to add that don`t take this conversation towards any religious stuff because we don`t allow that and we would like to keep this thread open. :) Lets stay at real paranormal things.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NutzAreOk
      Do you believe in the supernatural? Do you have any experiences yourself? Share your thoughts. :)
      plenty of experiences at the poker tables
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      I do believe in the existence of supernatural and I have had some experiences with it in my life, but I strongly believe the supernatural is just science that we don't understand yet. Telekinesis and telepathy are great examples - science still lacks the complex understanding of the human brain that is needed to fully comprehend these abilities.
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      Take a modern device or drug back a few hundred years in history and the people will think it's magic. The same principle applies in the present for things we don't understand.
    • SirTradeAlot
      SirTradeAlot
      Bronze
      I`d like to add that don`t take this conversation towards any religious stuff because we don`t allow that and we would like to keep this thread open. :) Lets stay at real paranormal things.
      dude! you wanna talk about supernatural but exclude the gods?

Isn't anything supernatural and unexplainable implicitly attributed by human to gods, angels, demons, avatars, nymphs, or worst case cargo religion? :coolface:

If its supernatural or paranormal its a fairy tale as it cannot be scientifically proven or measured, if it can be proven and measured its no longer a fairy tale.

even pythagoras and newton attributed supernatural phenomenons to something divine...

the dog bites its tail.

the terminology "real paranormal" does not hold - if you know what I mean :coolface:
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      I don`t think there has to be any connection between those two. But what I mean is that we don`t want any debate does God exist or not. :)
    • SirTradeAlot
      SirTradeAlot
      Bronze
    • SirTradeAlot
      SirTradeAlot
      Bronze
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Bronze
      We tried to summon a ghost with some friends and suddenly, when a girl was reading the summoning poem some keys fell down in the kitchen. The majority were freaked out, almost cried. I still believe it was an absolute coincidence. :s_biggrin:
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      Nope.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      ... Lets stay at real paranormal things.
      Oxymoron surely. :tongue:

And no I don't.
      I don't discount it, but then there is no evidence offered that I have seen or heard that has convinced me in the positive either. Anecdotes like 'well I've seen a ghost and there were witnesses', psuedo-science and hearsay is all - oh and ridiculously crass television programmes showing 'live' hauntings and suchlike.

Taro Readers and people who speak to the dead on your behalf. Hello, the clue is in the title, 'dead!' Beauts.
      Water diviners are another lot; or should that be 'another lol.' I can find water by shaking this stick, it's a paranormal power I have! Ye and I can find water by twisting this metal thing round and round and round until..oh look water, I must have paranormal powers to!

Moving objects by using only the power of the mind.
      Ye, the only object you can move with the power of your mind is my arse off my chair and as far from you as I can get. More beauts.

I don't mind all this stuff as long as the practitioners aren't subjugating the vulnerable and desperate with it. The worst part for me is the claim that all this baloney is for real.
      Purleease!

I could rant all day but expect you've got my stance by now so I'll shut up.

Although to be fair, I did see Uri Geller bend a spoon once... :facepalm:
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      I don't think we can classify UFOs as supernatural, SirTradeAlot... :P There's nothing supernatural about a different civilization.
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      I don't like to believe in supernatural - it would scare me to death....
    • baboKeisari
      baboKeisari
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      ... Lets stay at real paranormal things.
      Oxymoron surely. :tongue:

And no I don't.
      I don't discount it, but then there is no evidence offered that I have seen or heard that has convinced me in the positive either. Anecdotes like 'well I've seen a ghost and there were witnesses', psuedo-science and hearsay is all - oh and ridiculously crass television programmes showing 'live' hauntings and suchlike.

Taro Readers and people who speak to the dead on your behalf. Hello, the clue is in the title, 'dead!' Beauts.
      Water diviners are another lot; or should that be 'another lol.' I can find water by shaking this stick, it's a paranormal power I have! Ye and I can find water by twisting this metal thing round and round and round until..oh look water, I must have paranormal powers to!

Moving objects by using only the power of the mind.
      Ye, the only object you can move with the power of your mind is my arse off my chair and as far from you as I can get. More beauts.

I don't mind all this stuff as long as the practitioners aren't subjugating the vulnerable and desperate with it. The worst part for me is the claim that all this baloney is for real.
      Purleease!

I could rant all day but expect you've got my stance by now so I'll shut up.

Although to be fair, I did see Uri Geller bend a spoon once... :facepalm:
      I just love this post.
      Was totally worth checking out forum before bed. :D
    • SirTradeAlot
      SirTradeAlot
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightShadePMC
      I don't think we can classify UFOs as supernatural, SirTradeAlot... :P There's nothing supernatural about a different civilization.

Ah, come on! Gods don't count, UFOs don't count....

You know what:

I saw a young deer flying over the forest.

He was even carrying an eagle on his back!

Beat This!:coolface:
    • NezNanec
      NezNanec
      Bronze
      nah I pretty much believe that everything can be explained by science...there are certainly things we can't explain yet, but that doesn't mean they're supernatural. Like people training up to stand extreme levels of pain, extreme memory and that type of stuff probably all exist.

I don't believe in afterlife in terms of ghost, gods, angels demons and whatnot. I kinda believe in aliens.

Nothing has ever happened in my life that I'd describe as supernatural (in 25 years). And I go out at all hours day/night, and will try a lot of weird stuff just for the hell of it.

so...anyone has a good horror story/supernatural experience to share?
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Mrsgadget, 'nuff said. (just don't tell her I said that) :f_eek:
    • SirTradeAlot
      SirTradeAlot
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NezNanec
      nah I pretty much believe that everything can be explained by science...
      its funny that you believe this, as any decent scientist would immediately oppose, probably quoting good old socrates: "I know one thing: that I know nothing!"

on another note - did you know, that the term "esoteric" was actually coined by socrates? :f_biggrin: