PLO Late Night [Coaching]

• Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach

Some time ago coach Kyyberi had a student who wanted to learn PLO. They had about a dozen hours of coaching, and the motivated student learned a lot. Now few years later that student is a coach himself and playing at higher stakes than Kyyberi. What has happened and how did it end up like that?

Welcome to the PLO Late Night with Kyyberi!

Time: Thursday 18.9. 20:15 CET
      Target Group: All PLO players

PLO Late Night with Kyyberi is an edutainment show for everyone. Kyyberi is joined by his old student Skodljivec, who now coaches for PokerStrategy and has bypassed his master. They will talk about the past few years and their paths in the world of PLO. You will find out why Skodjlivec is crushing midstakes and Kyyberi doesn’t even play much nowadays. What kind of obstacles they have had to overcome to become the masters of PLO? And most importantly, what do YOU have to learn to master PLO?

Why would YOU join the show?

It doesn't matter if you are just starting your PLO career or you are a serious player, these two coaches have so much experience in PLO and poker that they can give you nuggets of wisdom for sure! This is a rare opportunity to ask anything related to PLO, poker or the poker lifestyle and get two points of view. They will also share the stories behind their success and the mistakes they have done, so you can learn from those.

In addition,YOU can ask them anything you want! And you can send some interesting hand histories and get live evaluation from two coaches.

Target group

Target group is PLO players at any stakes. But as these coaches have so much experience in all areas of poker, any player whom is thinking about being more serious about poker will benefit from the show.

Structure

This is a one time show, so don't miss it!

Some topics that are discussed are:
      - Playing trips
      - Playing aces
      - Bluff catching
      - Thinking process
      - Why did they become coaches

There will also be AMA session where these two coaches will answer to questions posted to forum or asked in the chat. If anyone wants to join the show via Skype call, that is possible too.

You can post questions and preferred topics to this thread.
  • 25 replies
    • Krach-Bumm-Ente
      Krach-Bumm-Ente
      Black
      NOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm on holidays that day
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Great news, i am in :f_love:
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Bronze
      Suberb!

Only bad thing that this is one-time session, hopefully there will be lots more omaha coaching in future Thursdays as well :f_grin:
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Can you make it every thursday? there is no plo coaching in scheldue :rolleyes:
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      This is one time thing, for now. If community likes it, of course we have the possibility to do it again.

Feel free to post any topics or questions. As there is no weekly PLO coaching atm, we can talk about that on Thursday too.
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Ok so i will have a few questions :) And i Am warning you english is my second language so i hope you understands what I would like to ask:-P

First question (its more like a topic which i would like to discuss than one question) is related to evolving plo in term of games getting more tought.
      I was nlhe player and i played up to nl 0.5/1$ than took opportunity with a business, had 2 yrs break of poker. Now i have more free time and i starded griding plo from micro.

I did that because i read from some top pros that nowadays ratio of players who are able to climb from plo 25 to plo 1k is much higher than in nlhe. In nlhe it is almost impossible. That is why plo seems to me more ev+ than nlhe.

However with time passing, every game gets toughter (people educate themself, more videos, articles etc.) even in plo.

And recently some experienced players from nlhe and flhe started moving to plo for bigger winnings.

So i am wondering what do guyes you think about it? how long plo will be seemd as an not sou tought game like nlhe?
      Did you notice decent increace in level of regs on particular limits from plo 50 to plo 400? In your opinion how long it will be possible for decent regs to sustain 10bb at mid stakes?

Feel free expand this topic, i hope i was clear enought to be understood :f_thumbsup:
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Very good topic! Thanks! :f_love:
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Thanks for appreciation :f_love:

Second topic which i would like to discuss is about mtt omaha. I tried to do some research in the Internet however i found not much information.
      Most people in nlhe specialize either in mtt or cash games (i am talking about online right now). It's difficult to be decent mtt reg and cash game reg in the same time.

I am wondering how it is in omaha. I think that omaha has less tournaments and it is harder to play only them so i am gussing more people do mix tournaments with cash games. Does being succesful reg both at tournaments and cash games is easier than the same in nlhe?
      What is achievable roi for decent reg in omaha tournaments at different mtt stakes?
      It is said that in nlhe mtt are the sofest games. Is this statment true in omaha?
      In nlhe mtt have also the biggest variance and swings, i would guess that in omaha it also has the biggest variance, how about variance in omaha mtt?

The last part of the subject i would like to dedicate to real life omaha tournaments. Not much is going around (some wsops in USA) but in Europe it is hard to find tournaments (mainly side events with 250e bi). I think that you can't be live pro omaha mtt, do you agree?

P.S I dont know how many questions/topics am i allowed to ask :f_love:
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      You can post and ask as much as you want. We will then pick what we can in the given time limit.
    • adragonro
      adragonro
      Bronze
      I am very exited forward to this.
      It smeems as if it needs some more publicity. ;)

I have so much ideas in mind. But I did not put them into questions yet.

For instance 'How did you handle distractions from becoming a better poker player?"

Greetings
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      I'd like to know how to plan the days when learning plo. How did your days looked like, now and then? Proportions of playing, session reviews, videos and more?

:f_thumbsup: for this coaching!
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He guys,

what always interests me - how do you approximate Ranges in PLO?
      In NL you can always say "yeah, he continues all TP+, any draw, any ace high" - but what do you do in PLO to approximate your opponents continuation range let's say to a flop cbet? It is pretty easy to discount 3x16 combos for overcard combinations, 3x6 for underpairs - removing 20% of a range. Obviously that does not work in PLO.

(will check the answer in the podcast)
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      I would like to hear in depth insight about playing aaxx kind of hands.
      As like some others players who switched from nlhe to plo, i overplay axx.

In 3bet/4bet pots i got lost on postflop.

I would like to learn how to play aaxx in hu, 3way and more way in 3bet 4bet pots etc.
    • adragonro
      adragonro
      Bronze
      I'm very interestet in defending my blinds.
      Because on the one side one should play very little OOP, but on the other side you cannot fold 90% against a loose stealer, can you?
      + the equitys are very close..which point is more important?

The would be nice to know from a PLO point of view. Thu :D
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      What are you going to do if PLO games or, RNG save us, all poker games dry up? (Edit: oops, disregard it, I didn't see a similar Q above.)
    • adragonro
      adragonro
      Bronze
      Can one be able to whatch the show afterwards or on a stream? As you can see, I am not Silver at the moment.
    • sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adragonro
      I'm very interestet in defending my blinds.
      Because on the one side one should play very little OOP, but on the other side you cannot fold 90% against a loose stealer, can you?
      + the equitys are very close..which point is more important?

The would be nice to know from a PLO point of view. Thu :D
      +1 to above question-topic

~ also: some tips/strategies for 3-betting ranges vs different player-types/spots and defending vs aggro 3-bettors both IP and especially OOP, please?

cheers!
    • sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Bronze
      ~ ps: how do you pronounce "Skodjlivec" please??? :D
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      ^ Shkod'livets.