Mac Users / Poker Tools

• RuiVieira78
      RuiVieira78
      Bronze
      Greetings

I'm a Mac User long time ago.
      I hear ppl saying only stay with windows OS because some App they need only works in windows.
      So I think is time to think about OSX

I see a few posts asking and looking for Mac App's one about one thing , another post asking for other...

I believe for make it simple we can:
      Add ALL the Poker App's that works in OSX
      Add ALL the Poker App's tested and working with -Winbottler -
      ADD ALL the usually asked / wanted App's that REALLY does not work on OSX or in -WinBottler -

So that way is simple and fast to find out.
      Well I'm talking for my self , since now I'm looking for same Apps like -TAbleOptimizer - and can't find any.
      Even When I look in forums or internet some users talk about 2 or 3... I install than does not work correctly blablabla.... waste of time.

An example... I'm really looking for -TableOptimizer- I see there is a TableDroid and one or two more.. but imo them really is a waste of time.

This is my opinion so I would like to "listen" you and if you know anything I don't know please let me know :D

If you thinks this post does not make any sense ... let me know it was just an idea.

Also if the post does not make any sense help me to find a -TableOptimizer-
      - Sng Wizard - ( this last I installed using bottler but have a lot of problems)

In last If you think this post can be useful I can edit all this and starting to add information

Btw sorry for me English

Good Luck in the Tables.
  • 12 replies
    • RiSh421
      RiSh421
      Bronze
      hey,

I was on my way to create a thread for MAC TOOLS when i saw your post. I have a mac since january and I love it and its stability, reactivity etc but i hate its poker limitations. There is not much software for mac.

Luckily i got all the main poker rooms softwares : pokerstars, winamax, fulltilt, etc
      I got Poker tracker 4, which i had to buy because i had HM2 before. It is even better than HM2 to me because of a better visibiity (i think).
      But the others poker tolls it is more complicated....I hardly got omahaequilab from buying a 20€ (discounted) crossover which did not allow me to use any other programs, like holdem or omahaindicator, poker calculator, ICMizer etc....
      So basically, let's do that MAC database
      On my way , I was also looking for an Ipad/Iphone database too, or finally an Apple database. For Ipad/Iphone i was essentially looking for BRM apps.

Otherwise, I plan, basically to install parallel and use it for the soft i need, or even to buy a little side PC (sic).
    • BigSlickBaby
      BigSlickBaby
      Basic
      Yeah, basically if poker is your priority use a PC. Period.
    • sokoi
      sokoi
      Bronze
      I'm in the same boat somewhat. I got my PC up and running again just to play poker. Stripped her down of all the crap that was on it, just to play poker and now finding my old HM that I had is slowing it down and/or crashing my computer when trying to run it. Will have to investigate about that one, or try and earn it free once again through HM2 website.

Now on to what I wanted to say was, Mac there is a tool it's called Poker Copilot. I used a demo version and it seemed pretty solid. Give it a try if your still using a Mac it's worth it I'd say.
    • RiSh421
      RiSh421
      Bronze
      Personnaly poker tracker 4 does the job perfectly. I can migrate it on PC if needed someday, too, which poker copilot can't.

• PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by BigSlickBaby
      Yeah, basically if poker is your priority use a PC. Period.
      We disagree, there are many reasons to choose either operating system. Most of the high stakes players that use our software refer the Mac OS X version of PokerTracker 4. We believe this is because the higher stakes players are less likely to need third party tools, and because they want a more secure operating system that minimizes the risks of hacking.

As we see it, if you own a Mac then your primary poker OS should be OS X; and we have a solution for that. If your a Mac OS X user and you wish to play fast poker games such as Zoom, Rush , or Speed Poker then you will have to use a Windows VM or Windows Bootcamp in your Mac to be able to play while using the PokerTracker 4 HUD (all other features work). 888's Snap Poker can be played while at a tournament table with the HUD enabled, but cash game tables will not work with the HUD due to 888's corporate policies.

RuiVieira78 asked about SNG Wizard, the core functionality of this application is built into PokerTracker 4. Of course if you wish to use the SNG Wizard interface then you must work in Windows.

Due to our recent partnership with Holdem Manager our combined company also has access to tools such as Table Ninja and Leak Buster. TableNinja 2 is a Windows-only application; it is not designed to be used while working within a Windows VM - but some users have had luck doing so on their own. A Mac OS X version of Table Ninja is not available. Leak Buster is a cross platform application, it can be used in both Windows and OS X.
    • Nataraj1
      Nataraj1
      Basic
      EquiLab works well with WineBottler (not WinBottler) and WINE on Mac OS X. I use it all the time.

Hold'em Viewer also works.

EdVis works.

I think I may have tried CREV and/or FlopZilla last year, maybe one of the two worked, I don't remember.
    • Nataraj1
      Nataraj1
      Basic
      Originally posted by PokerTracker
      Most of the high stakes players that use our software refer the Mac OS X version of PokerTracker 4. We believe this is because the higher stakes players are less likely to need third party tools, and because they want a more secure operating system that minimizes the risks of hacking.

As we see it, if you own a Mac then your primary poker OS should be OS X; and we have a solution for that..
      Well said.

By the way, I love my PokerTracker 4 and find new ways to customise it time and time again. Just today I colour-coded some ranges for my HUD stats after adding some stats, and yesterday I installed one theme for Heads Up as well as the Coffeyay Lite HUD for Heads Up.

So now, when I get Heads Up, I switch to the Heads Up HUD.

Now, if only you allow PT 4 to be scripted, then we can have automatic HUD switching based on the stages of the tournament, and much, much more.

One day I'll surely do more advanced custom HUDs with it.
    • vboll
      vboll
      Basic
      I believe a good feature of COPILOT is receive informations from SHARKSCOPE.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by vboll
      I believe a good feature of COPILOT is receive informations from SHARKSCOPE.

We have been advised that this would be against the terms of service for some key online poker networks, therefore it cannot be an option in PokerTracker products. Our goal is to remain within the rules at all times, if there is any concern that something we would do is outside the acceptable rules, then we cannot consider that as a viable option for our users. The risks are too great.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      [quote
      Now, if only you allow PT 4 to be scripted, then we can have automatic HUD switching based on the stages of the tournament, and much, much more.
      [/quote]We have seen scripted third party tools that change the HUD profile on-demand. It is possible - but not something we provide as a default in PT4.
    • vboll
      vboll
      Basic
      Thanks for the information. Could you inform if Pokerstars and Fulltilt consider this against their term of services?
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by vboll
      Thanks for the information. Could you inform if Pokerstars and Fulltilt consider this against their term of services?
      Please ask PokerStars and FullTilt this question, they would be best suited to answer.