Win a copy of a new Mixed Games book

• BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      If you want to brush up on your non-hold'em skills, this is for you.

Ken Lo, the author of A Poker Player's Guide to Mixed Games has kindly agreed to give away five copies of his new book.

The book is a modern version of Super System and covers all the major games played in mixed games and dealer's choice. Including Stud, Razz, Omaha Hi Lo, Badugi, Triple Draw and much more.

All you need to do to win a copy is ask Ken Lo your questions about Mixed Games and he will answer them in a form of an interview on this site. He will pick the best five questions as winners of the books. The deadline is September 22.

• 27 replies
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      I'm some what of a beginner to mixed game poker, would you say it's best to learn and work on individual games and slowly build towards playing full mixed game poker or to learn and play all the games together?
    • LivevsOnline
      LivevsOnline
      Basic
      Hi Ken.

I'd like to know what is the core problems when passing from (Main game) Nlh to a mixed game.

I mean there must be some some key struggeling points that most Nlh reg's face when they approach mixed games for the first time.

Christian/livevsonline
    • kmagott
      kmagott
      Bronze
      :diamond: How would you describe differences between mixed games tournaments and cash games?
      :spade: What kind of adjustments you should make to apply knowledge from the book to play cash game? Do you recomend to start from playing cash or tournaments?
      :heart: If I've got experience in most popular games NLHE, PLO which game (propably) will be easiest and which one will be hardest to learn? Easiest - FLHE, hardest- stud hi/lo?
      :club: How would you describe popularity of different kinds of mixed games in live poker?

Thanks for the answer. :)
    • ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have played alot of 8-game before and I love the mix. I wonder in your opinion which game that people have the biggest leaks in and are easy to exploit?
    • ClerkenwellBoi
      ClerkenwellBoi
      Bronze
      Do you believe that Hold'em will continue to be the dominant form of poker in years to come?

Or do you think that it's possible other forms of the game could gain in wider popularity? If so, what is the likely contender for the next big thing?
    • jonnyZ
      jonnyZ
      Bronze
      Hi

What are the biggest motives to transfer from playing NLHM to a variety of mixed games?

Kind regards
      Jonny
    • G0ldFish89
      G0ldFish89
      Bronze
      Hi i'm really like limit 2-7 triple draw and want really really this book.
    • grbell
      grbell
      Bronze
      As a current NLHE player, what effect do you thing introducing the new mixed games into my repertoire would have on my NLHE skills? Could it be detrimental or do you think it might sharpen my skills?

To make the first step in this journey which of the other games would you recommend to a NLHE player that would help them start in a good way psychologically?

Thanks in advance.
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      Why should players try to learn many different games?
    • SWScuracao
      SWScuracao
      Bronze
      mine is a 2-7 question:

situation: you have a really good hand (like 2-4-7 or 2-3-7)- what should be the size of the pot before you can draw 2 cards OOP against villian who's only drawn 1 or stood pat?
    • pertla125
      pertla125
      Bronze
      :spade: Since most of the games that are a part of 8-game and 10-game mixes are mathematically more sophisticated than NLHE,what do you think how important it is to actually know all the hand vs. hand or street by street equity breakdowns minutely in each game(as by at least my observations even an average all around game poker player will only be familiar with the core basics when it comes to math of O8,Stud or Draw games),and from your experience how much do other established pros who play all the above stated games well, rely on a pure math when playing these games(as there is not nearly enough educational material in the stock or the internet which covers the math of these less known forms of poker) and how much on their feel,intuition,experience and pattern remembering?

:heart: In your opinion,how important it is for anyone who wants to mature faster as a player,to play as many different forms of poker as possible, and do you think that by doing so, that player will also gain the better understanding for their main games(for most NLHE and PLO),especially when it comes to overall gameflow, applying some metagame concepts and finally the game of poker as a whole?

All the best! :D
    • JackieHoo
      JackieHoo
      Silver
      Hi,Ken,

Regarding your mixed game ,which are unknown to me.
      I just hope to know whether the game is less complicated than Holdem or not.
      Just comparing with HOLDEM and OMAHA ,which OMAHA is much more complicated.
    • Razorheart
      Razorheart
      Bronze
      Which streed in stud games do you think is most important (where people make the biggest mistakes)?
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      Which variants do you feel are the most profitable in a mixed game setting for a well rounded player and do you think we should work harder at improving our skill in these games compared to others?
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Bronze
      Hi! Your book sounds really intresting!

:diamond: Which one of the mixed game do you think it's the most profitable right now?

:diamond: Which poker platforms do you recommend to play mixed-games on?

:diamond: As a beginner, which mixed game do you recommend to start playing?
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      :spade: Do you find when travelling and playing Mixed Games that certain nationality's are better than others ?

:spade: Do you prefer 8-game mix or HORSE ?

:spade: Would you agree that 8-game mix has replaced, if not made redudant, HORSE, and if so why?

FWIW, Gimmi a Razz, STUD8, And NLHE Mixed game any day of the week :) Is that an odd combo ?

SabO! :club:
    • SavineS
      SavineS
      Bronze
      When can we expect interview with Ken?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Oooh, I'm all excited !

How do we estimate equities in Stud-like games?

Example, you hold KK in the hole, aggro villain has QQ showing.
      Where do we stand?

Tons more questions, but that one is the real big one.

--VS
    • SavineS
      SavineS
      Bronze
      Fake ?