Latvian poker situation

• iceblast56
      iceblast56
      Bronze
      Hello,

Do you guys have any information about regulation in Latvia? I have moved here for erasmus and can't play anywhere besides the pokerstars (even though the site is banned too), I am not able to connect to party poker acc.
  • 6 replies
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      hi iceblast56

I found this here:
      http://www.pokernews.com/news/2014/08/pokerstars-full-tilt-and-888poker-blacklisted-in-latvia-18971.htm

hope it gives you the info you need
    • iceblast56
      iceblast56
      Bronze
      hey, NijeVaznoKoSam

well, not really, I have read a lot of stuff on the internet, everywhere it states that the sites are blacklisted and providers should block access to them, but as I said, Pokerstars works perfectly fine (exept the internet site which is blocked), other of my poker software don't, I also read that other software should work fine aswell (from some latvian players) but I have different experience

But thank you for reply anyway :)
    • Naidonis
      Naidonis
      Bronze
      For those sites which software is blocked you can use some proxy change soft. Some of sites are actively changing their domains every week :)

New regulations ask sites to pay a large chuck of money for the license but noone wants to pay...
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello,

Keep in mind that using any means (Proxies, VPN servers, Teamviewer to a remote PC) to trick the poker rooms into thinking that you are playing from a different physical location is most probably forbidden in their terms and conditions and will result to the poker room closing your account.

Best,
      Kamen
    • iceblast56
      iceblast56
      Bronze
      as long as pokerstars works I am fine, but I could not live 3 months (I am on erasmus here) without playing any poker :D .. hopefully stars will last.... athough I have not tracked them with pokerstrategy so no points for me :(

Ty all for post guys
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      AFAIK people from Latvia still play and aint bothered about regulations. Because its not done correctly yet. :)