This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Latvian poker situation

• iceblast56
      iceblast56
      Bronze
      Hello,

Do you guys have any information about regulation in Latvia? I have moved here for erasmus and can't play anywhere besides the pokerstars (even though the site is banned too), I am not able to connect to party poker acc.
  • 6 replies
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      hi iceblast56

I found this here:
      http://www.pokernews.com/news/2014/08/pokerstars-full-tilt-and-888poker-blacklisted-in-latvia-18971.htm

hope it gives you the info you need
    • iceblast56
      iceblast56
      Bronze
      hey, NijeVaznoKoSam

well, not really, I have read a lot of stuff on the internet, everywhere it states that the sites are blacklisted and providers should block access to them, but as I said, Pokerstars works perfectly fine (exept the internet site which is blocked), other of my poker software don't, I also read that other software should work fine aswell (from some latvian players) but I have different experience

But thank you for reply anyway :)
    • Naidonis
      Naidonis
      Bronze
      For those sites which software is blocked you can use some proxy change soft. Some of sites are actively changing their domains every week :)

New regulations ask sites to pay a large chuck of money for the license but noone wants to pay...
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello,

Keep in mind that using any means (Proxies, VPN servers, Teamviewer to a remote PC) to trick the poker rooms into thinking that you are playing from a different physical location is most probably forbidden in their terms and conditions and will result to the poker room closing your account.

Best,
      Kamen
    • iceblast56
      iceblast56
      Bronze
      as long as pokerstars works I am fine, but I could not live 3 months (I am on erasmus here) without playing any poker :D .. hopefully stars will last.... athough I have not tracked them with pokerstrategy so no points for me :(

Ty all for post guys
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      AFAIK people from Latvia still play and aint bothered about regulations. Because its not done correctly yet. :)