New to this

• prockdkjones
      Hey, I have had an account for a while, but never really took poker seriously before, this is my first time posting in the forums. I have been playing poker for 5 years, and believe I am at a good standard of play, but really need to work on my mental game, and put more effort in so I can be successful.

Any support or help, advice, would be appreciated. Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • NutzAreOk
      Hi prockdkjones and welcome to forums! :)

It`s nice to see that you are ready to improve your mental game since poker players too rarely improve that.

First I recommend you to read Jared Tendler`s The Mental Game of Poker. There is also second part too.

Secondly I recommend you to check our Psychology videos.

If you anything to ask, please don`t hesitate to ask it. :)
    • Harrier88
      Hi prockdkjones,

Looks like NutzAreOk beat me to the punch here. ;)
      I can definitely recommend Jared Tendler's book and the videos and articles in our psychology section.

You may also want to check out Schnitzelfisch's guides on Motivation in Life and Poker or Skyrocketing Your Poker and Life Productivity on our Learning to Win board.

Perhaps you'll also find it useful to start a blog in our blogs section. That way, you can keep others informed about your current progress and receive specific advice related to your situation.

In any case, you are wise to focus on your mental game, this aspect of poker should not be underestimated.

Best of luck!
    • prockdkjones
      Thanks guys. Have never really thought about joining a forum before and seeking it's benefits. I have read some of Jared Tendler's book, but not fully and as in depth as I know I should of.

I am going to use Schnitzelfisch's guides as a starting point as guides on this site, as it looks like it will be really helpful, thanks for the recommendations.

I am currently reading Treat Your Poker Like a Business - Dusty Schmidt.
      Have either of you read this? I already feel like it is going to be very helpful to me, but I make sure to continue putting the hours in when I can on the tables!