Using pokerstars hand replayer as study tool

• Pilks7
      Pilks7
      Bronze
      Hi, does anybody know if you can pull up the Pokerstars hand replayer at will in order to show games from your handhistory folder? It would be incredibly useful, as it's about the only replayer that works for certain games (5CD)..

Or failing that, a way to replicate it..?

Many thanks, and eternal love and respect to anyone with any useful discussion on this
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Pilks7
      I don't think that it is possible to use the replayer as you suggest -- at least if it is, I'm not aware of it.

You might want to check out the free open-source tracker fpdb.
      It works for most non-Hold'em games. It works for Hold'em too, but there are better options.

Don't get excited. I just checked out the hand replayer, and it does not work for 5-Card Draw. :s_cry:

There is a much older tracker -- Pokerhands -- that *does* have a functioning replayer, but it is pretty much broken for databases over 100K hands. Pokerhands may be difficult to find on line as well.

If a graphical display of the hand would help (and it is all I use) then there is a decent one at Feral Cow Poker. I would love to know where THAT name came from!

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      You could always copy and paste the hand history into the poker strategy converter. Has a visual replay function and allows you to share the hand easily on the forums (and store it on the site to access anywhere).

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/

The spoiler shows what can be achieved; the best part is that you can link other forum users to the replay using the "play hand" link found near the top.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $1.93
      SB:
      $3.50
      BB:
      $2.65
      UTG1:
      $2.62
      UTG2:
      $4.45
      MP1:
      $2.10
      MP2 (Hero):
      $2.01
      MP3:
      $1.60
      CO:
      $2.60

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      UTG1 raises to $0.06, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.06, 5 folds, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.15) 6, J, A (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.35) 9 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.26, Hero raises to $0.60, UTG1 raises to $2.46, Hero calls $1.25.

River: ($4.66) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.66.
      Results follow:

UTG1 shows three of a kind, nines(9 9).
      Hero shows three of a kind, jacks(J J).

Hero wins with three of a kind, jacks(J J).

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Yeah, there are a lot of options for hold'em, but the OP was asking about 5-Card Draw, where there aren't so many. <sigh>

I have not checked the Universal Replayer. I don't even know if it is still available for download.

Peace,
      --VS
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      the OP was asking about 5-Card Draw
      I was only in thread for

Originally posted by Pilks7
      eternal love and respect
    • Pilks7
      Pilks7
      Bronze
      Hi just updating this thread for anyone who cares-

The new version of Pokerstars does let you open and replay hands using the Instant hand history window, including 5CD!!:f_thumbsup:

I did try fpdb but consider it almost unusable...