This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Omaha - upswing or just very bad opponents?

• Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I decided to learn Omaha so I printed out all silver articles on Omaha and read them all. Then I opened $10 PLO FR table. After becoming little bit familiar with Omaha in practice (which hands to call, which to fold and which to raise), I managed to gain up to $51.65 (including one rebuy in the amount of $2.35 and one big loss in the amount of approx. $8) in approx. 3 hours.

I consider myself as not a good omaha player since I only read some articles and cannot remember everything. I only remember general principles and still I do not know the correct size of bets. But it seems that I was the best player on the table. Was I lucky or low limit omaha is so bad?
  • 3 replies
    • nanowarrior
      nanowarrior
      Bronze
      probably both. low limit omaha players most of the time are complete fishes, that will call you down with T-high flush draws on a paired board.
      even if you know little on omaha, you still have an edge on the average player.

but, anyway, 5 stacks in 3 hours is something you won't manage to get any day :)
    • Glazenburg
      Glazenburg
      Bronze
      Agree..

I also started playing Omaha lately and the first session I won a 600BB pot on PLO25 which ofcourse was badly played by me, but i sucked out on the river :D

So i did too have an upswing the first sessions, i was winning like 15PTBB/100 hands. However some bad luck got me back to 5-6 PTBB/ 100. Which is offcourse still good enough to earn some decent money on PLO25.

I would however advice to pick up some books. I tried to attend the coaching session but it is very hard to keep track of hands when you need to remember 4 cards...

Grtzz
    • Glazenburg
      Glazenburg
      Bronze
      LOL. Since tuesday I switched to IPoker network. Just got PT omaha installed and was kinda amazed by my stats untill now... I knew i was running hot, but 77 PT / 100 :baby:

GRtzz