Omaha - upswing or just very bad opponents?

• Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I decided to learn Omaha so I printed out all silver articles on Omaha and read them all. Then I opened $10 PLO FR table. After becoming little bit familiar with Omaha in practice (which hands to call, which to fold and which to raise), I managed to gain up to $51.65 (including one rebuy in the amount of $2.35 and one big loss in the amount of approx. $8) in approx. 3 hours.

I consider myself as not a good omaha player since I only read some articles and cannot remember everything. I only remember general principles and still I do not know the correct size of bets. But it seems that I was the best player on the table. Was I lucky or low limit omaha is so bad?
  • 3 replies
    • nanowarrior
      nanowarrior
      Bronze
      probably both. low limit omaha players most of the time are complete fishes, that will call you down with T-high flush draws on a paired board.
      even if you know little on omaha, you still have an edge on the average player.

but, anyway, 5 stacks in 3 hours is something you won't manage to get any day :)
    • Glazenburg
      Glazenburg
      Bronze
      Agree..

I also started playing Omaha lately and the first session I won a 600BB pot on PLO25 which ofcourse was badly played by me, but i sucked out on the river :D

So i did too have an upswing the first sessions, i was winning like 15PTBB/100 hands. However some bad luck got me back to 5-6 PTBB/ 100. Which is offcourse still good enough to earn some decent money on PLO25.

I would however advice to pick up some books. I tried to attend the coaching session but it is very hard to keep track of hands when you need to remember 4 cards...

Grtzz
    • Glazenburg
      Glazenburg
      Bronze
      LOL. Since tuesday I switched to IPoker network. Just got PT omaha installed and was kinda amazed by my stats untill now... I knew i was running hot, but 77 PT / 100 :baby:

GRtzz