BTN ($18.79)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2, UTG calls $1.50,

FLOP ($4) 2:diamond: J:heart: K:spade:

Hero bets $2.80, UTG calls $2.80,

TURN ($9.60) 2:diamond: J:heart: K:spade: 3:club:

Hero bets $6, UTG calls $6,

RIVER ($21.60) 2:diamond: J:heart: K:spade: 3:club: A:diamond:

Hero bets $7 (with planning to fold to a raise)

Villain was 23/18/1.1 over 100 H
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think probably c/c turn is better against passive player.
      It is hard him to call down with worse hands and not sure how often he has here straight draw that you should bet turn for value.
      c/f river is also one action. Right now you´re turning your hand into bluff (which might not be bad idea, since you mostly are not ahead, but make it at least 14$)
    • kaffeeteufel
      kaffeeteufel
      Bronze
      I don't understand why I should c/c turn, especially against passive player. He will mostly bet better hands and check behind worse hands. I would consider the c/c call line here against aggressive player since he might float the flop and bet turn with worse hands, but I don't see why c/c is better against a passive player.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kaffeeteufel
      I don't understand why I should c/c turn, especially against passive player. He will mostly bet better hands and check behind worse hands. I would consider the c/c call line here against aggressive player since he might float the flop and bet turn with worse hands, but I don't see why c/c is better against a passive player.
      If you bet turn, then it is very hard him to call with worse hands. He doesn´t have here very often K8 or smaller top pair hands.
      So you´re betting here to get value Jx, medium pp-s, QT?
      Right now you´re building bigger pot with marginal hand and if river is blank, would you still bet 1/2 or 1/3 potsize for value?
      I think it is just too thin to bet with marginal hand here for value 2 or 3 streets.
    • kaffeeteufel
      kaffeeteufel
      Bronze
      I agree that I don't want to build a big pot here.
      The problem is that with the c/c line I also build a bigger pot when I'm behind, since he will bet most hands that beat me, and only keep the pot small when I'm ahead.

I especially don't get why c/c is better against a passive player.

But I agree that river is probably c/f. I bet because I wanted to avoid being bluffed out, but that doesn't make sense, of course, because with the A there is no weaker hand that wouldn't prefer a cheap showdown.
      But with a blank on the river I think the b/f (small bet) line on the river makes sense (if I bet the turn).

I think with the c/c turn line I'd always have to c/f the river?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kaffeeteufel
      I agree that I don't want to build a big pot here.
      The problem is that with the c/c line I also build a bigger pot when I'm behind, since he will bet most hands that beat me, and only keep the pot small when I'm ahead.

I especially don't get why c/c is better against a passive player.

But I agree that river is probably c/f. I bet because I wanted to avoid being bluffed out, but that doesn't make sense, of course, because with the A there is no weaker hand that wouldn't prefer a cheap showdown.
      But with a blank on the river I think the b/f (small bet) line on the river makes sense (if I bet the turn).

I think with the c/c turn line I'd always have to c/f the river?
      Against passive player probably c/f is more optiomal than c/c.
      B/f turn, c/f river is also fine, but I think that players tend to take more shots on the flop, if you bet two streets and then show weakness on the river.

Anyway that´s why I don´t isolate UTG limp with K9s :) Very hard to play profitable oop.
    • kaffeeteufel
      kaffeeteufel
      Bronze
      Sorry, it was Blind vs Blind, I was in the SB, villain in the BB.
      I haven't seen before that Holdem Manager converted the hand wrong.