From Finland with PLOve

• dsastrous
      dsastrous
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

Starting a blog has been on my to do -list for a while now, so lets get the ball rolling.

I'm pretty sure my first post will be kept short & sweet, but if the mood strikes I'll edit in some details or a proper introduction. But for now it'll be the TL;DR version for you.

Who
      23yo Finn on a quest to keep an eye on what happens at his PLO tables.

What
      Micro PLO, almost 100% of which will be ZOOM. Blog might receive NLHE entries later on.
      I'll be posting hands up for review and your feedback is more than welcomed.
      Obviously there will be giraffes as well.

Quick question for the mods... as my account isn't tracked on Stars through Strategy, are there restrictions to my blog posts -- mainly concerning posting images and videos? If I were to post an image from an upload site, would it be OK? And what about a youtube video, if I were to record a video of my screen? A quick browse around the Forum Principles yielded no results on the matter. Also, any recommendations on which software to use for capturing my screen?
  • 20 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Welcome to blogs dsastrous, let's hope you have fun here!

There are no restrictions on your posts by the way, this is your blog so post away! :s_cool:

Most people use sites such as imageshack or Tinypic and similar to upload images and to capture a video of the screen I think Camtasia is a very common solution and some versions are free.

To post a YouTube video you will find the YouTube icon above alongside other ones such as B ( Bold) and U (Underline), just copy/paste the Youtube link into that and it will post into your blog just fine.

I can't help with the PLO stuff though sorry, total fish. :f_cry:

You have fun ok,

Mal.
    • dsastrous
      dsastrous
      Bronze
      Thanks for the excellent advice gadget. :)

I'm gonna go ahead then and post a hand I just played against a decent reg so there's actually some content to comment on!

PokerStars - $0.05 PL Hi FAST (6 max) - Omaha Hi - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 229 BB
      SB: 71.6 BB
      BB: 112.4 BB
      Hero (UTG): 100 BB
      MP: 163.6 BB
      CO: 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:club: A:spade: 4:heart: 5:heart:

Hero raises to 3.4 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 2.4 BB

Flop: (7.2 BB, 2 players) 9:club: J:spade: 2:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (7.2 BB, 2 players) 3:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 5 BB, BB calls 5 BB

River: (17.2 BB, 2 players) 6:club:
      BB bets 8 BB, Hero ?,

Pre: obv std open given that we have aces

Flop: A crazy looking board for sure. We hold the nut blocker for the club fd, so I wouldn't particularly mind a cbet here either, but getting raised would suck & I don't see too much fold equity given that there are two middle cards present OTF in addition to the fd.

Turn: Opens another fd & gives us an OESD so with the improved equity and villain having checked again I'd say the bet is justified. He can definitely call with some draws or just give up which we wouldn't mind at all. But when he checks for the second time I doubt we're getting raised all too often -- I'm quite sure he is leading this turn with his value holdings.

River: Brings an interesting decision as Villain decides to lead for 0,5 pot. Were this against a fish I'd prob sigh-fold, as I wouldn't expect the fishier part of the pool to be able to bluff at this spot. Against the reg however... all the major straight draws have missed, spades missed. I doubt he gets here with 2p or whatever random sets nor does he lead with those OTR.

Would like to hear more thoughts regarding the decision on the river!
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Great to have one Finnish blogger more. :) Check our own Finnish Corner too.
    • dsastrous
      dsastrous
      Bronze
      Hiya Nuts! Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been lurking for a good while and have seen most of the Finnish blogs on PS, good stuff, yours included ;)

Today I've been playing with the screen recording software gadget recommended. Gotta say it's definitely an effective way of keeping yourself alert. Made a few test vids with and without audio -- nothing I'm comfortable sharing as of yet :D Nevertheless I find that talking about your decisions out loud forces you to be constantly conscious about the present & future decisions going on with a given hand. So pretty happy with that.

I'll post one hand that went in for stacks OTT of which I'm reaaally not sure about.

PokerStars - $0.02 PL Hi FAST (6 max) - Omaha Hi - 6 players

Hero (BTN): 102 BB
      SB: 105 BB
      BB: 89 BB
      UTG: 399 BB
      MP: 271.5 BB
      CO: 107.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 2:spade: A:spade: Q:heart: 8:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BB raises to 9.5 BB, Hero calls 6.5 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond: 8:diamond: 2:club:
      BB bets 9.5 BB, Hero raises to 40 BB, BB calls 30.5 BB

Turn: (99.5 BB, 2 players) K:spade:
      BB bets 39.5 BB and is all-in, Hero ?

River: (178.5 BB, 2 players) 7:spade:

Pre: Easy open when there's a nit on the SB. BB decides to 3bet, he's basically an unknown but has 3bet alot pre in a small sample

Flop: We hit a miracle 2 pair and vs this presumably agro guys range we're probably ahead, raising gets us value from draws & checkbacking doesn't look too appealing. However potting it might be a bit over the top as there's so little money left behind for future streets

Turn: Villain leads for like 0,5pot. I found the call button here but really not sure about the best approach. I fail to see all that many combos being played this way for value.
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dsastrous
      Hiya Nuts! Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been lurking for a good while and have seen most of the Finnish blogs on PS, good stuff, yours included ;)
      Well I don`t know about mine. :f_biggrin:
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      It's always nice to see PLO-blogs. :f_thumbsup:

In that hand, i don't think that you can fold on the turn anymore.
    • dsastrous
      dsastrous
      Bronze

Decided to post a graph of todays games @ PLO2... Decent run. Still made plenty of mistakes and found spots where I'm unsure as to how to continue. Rewatched Skod's Micro PLO5 vid.

Rungood doesn't overlap to PLO 5 atm however -.-
      Gonna take a shot at it again tomorrow anyways.

@Perusjamppa: yep, your conclusion is the same as mine. Villain turned up with a 0-equity spazz bluff luckily. So everything went better than expected
    • dsastrous
      dsastrous
      Bronze

So the shot at PLO5 went fine today :f_p:

Running like god as the graph suggests... can't complain, right. Still made a shit ton of mistakes but happy about getting to play some more PLO5. Might post a few hands after sauna.
    • Klaaatsch
      Klaaatsch
      Silver
      [x] in

I´m still searching for PLO-Buddies to do Contentstuff... Interested ?

Add me in the Comtool, if u want
    • dsastrous
      dsastrous
      Bronze
      Hey Klaaatsch.

Sent u a friend request! Definitely interested in sharing hands & railing.
      Same goes for any other micro-PLO lurkers; if u wanna work on stuff together hit me up with dem friend requests. Atm I'm really not networking at all. Don't have a skype group or anything else going on.
    • dsastrous
      dsastrous
      Bronze

BTN: 112.2 BB
      SB: 124.2 BB
      Hero (BB): 101 BB
      UTG: 132.8 BB
      MP: 107.8 BB
      CO: 97 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K:heart: T:diamond: K:diamond: 5:heart:

UTG raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2.6 BB, Hero raises to 15 BB, fold, MP calls 12 BB, SB calls 12 BB

Flop: (48 BB, 3 players) 9:heart: 7:diamond: 4:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets 46.2 BB, MP raises to 92.8 BB and is all-in, fold, Hero calls 39.8 BB and is all-in

So here's one.

Pre: Unknown 4-tabler opens, 2 fish call. I think 3betting is justified here?

OTF I don't see any other viable options than to just bet-stack off.
    • Klaaatsch
      Klaaatsch
      Silver
      I dont like 3B Unknown UTG OOP, i think the expectation is bigger if we call with the 2 bad guys dealt into the action...

If we Flop a Set, its most of the times the Topset, if we hit a Flush on Flop or Turn, its good enough to get Value by having a good Risk <-> Value Ratio...

If we 3B and UTG 4B we have to fold all day long, if UTG call our 3B and a fish just startet a fancy bullshit line (which a fish perhaps can do without any problems) we have also to fold!

If we 3B and UTG called and perhaps the other ones too, and the Flop come A-High we have an really ugly spot, the SPR is small and with any cbet we are committed to the Pot...

All in all its more +EV to call than to raise!

As played, if u cbet ur committed and have to stack off, but if someone get startet to ship, ur probably lucky with 50% against Two Pair, so just a thought, if someone of these guys is for sure aggressive, it would be better to x/r so his range is wider than cbet faceoff...
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      I might also just call pre. If you had like KKT9ds and some knowledge especially about UTG, squeezing could be ok but in this spot with this hand i think calling is better. Flop = wp.
      But i play PLO5/PLO10 so don't take my opinions as ultimate truth.. :D
    • dsastrous
      dsastrous
      Bronze
      Hey guys, thanks for the input! :)

After putting it all together I have to agree with you guys about flatting pre.
      What I gathered:

1) If UTG 4bets it's indeed an ugly spot
      2) No need to bloat the pot OOP with a marginally better hand
      3) If we brick or hit a mediocre board it's hard to continue OOP especially without reads
      4) While it may not be a mistake to 3b it's definitely more +Ev to flat
    • dsastrous
      dsastrous
      Bronze

BTN: 108.6 BB
      SB: 249 BB
      Hero (BB): 194.6 BB
      UTG: 121 BB
      MP: 136.6 BB
      CO: 120.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T:diamond: Q:spade: 7:club: A:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to 2.4 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 1.4 BB

Flop: (5.2 BB, 2 players) A:spade: 3:spade: 5:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets 4 BB, Hero calls 4 BB

Turn: (13.2 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets 12.6 BB, Hero calls 12.6 BB

River: (38.4 BB, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets 37 BB, Hero calls 37 BB

CO shows K:spade: 4:club: 9:diamond: T:heart: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 39%, Flop 6%, Turn 10%)
      Hero shows T:diamond: Q:spade: 7:club: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 61%, Flop 94%, Turn 90%)
      Hero wins 108 BB

Happy about this one. I've seen reg-ish Villain barrel multiple streets with blockers before so decided to look him up with a good hand for bluffcatching.
    • dsastrous
      dsastrous
      Bronze

Ok decided to record some PLO5 zoom tables. Ended up being a session where I luckboxed absolutely everything, definitely a fun one... Not used to 3tabling, I play 2 normally. Would say I felt a difference there, not having enough time to think about spots though and missing information & action on certain streets. Had fun tho. Haven't rewatched myself yet but will do so in the evening probs.
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      It says this is private video (tai yksityinen video, mutta lontooksi vissiin private). :(
      I guess you need to do some changes to the settings.
    • dsastrous
      dsastrous
      Bronze
      Ah, so it seems. Fixed. Cheers Jamppa!
    • dsastrous
      dsastrous
      Bronze

BTN: 15 BB (VPIP: 13.48, PFR: 6.74, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 89)
      SB: 96.6 BB (VPIP: 17.14, PFR: 8.57, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 71)
      BB: 180.8 BB (VPIP: 43.75, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)
      UTG: 23.6 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 100.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
      MP: 205.8 BB (VPIP: 17.65, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
      Hero (CO): 121.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 4:spade: Q:heart: T:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BB raises to 9.4 BB, Hero calls 6.4 BB

Flop: (19.2 BB, 2 players) Q:club: J:spade: 6:club:
      BB bets 18.4 BB, [color=red]Hero?

Ehh weird spot... Unknown 4tabler 3bets.
      Fold pre?
      Fold flop?
      Call flop & re-evaluate turn?
      Ship the flop?