[NL2-NL10] nl4 KQo BU

• TheBrood
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , Q:spade:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.46) 9:spade: , 6:heart: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.46) K:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.23, Hero calls $0.23.

River: ($0.92) 2:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2.92 (All-In), Hero calls $2.92.

Final Pot: $6.76
  • 2 replies
    • Dragar
      Bet on the flop, you need to learn how to do continuation bets since I am seeing this in a couple of your hands already.

It doesn't matter if you hit or not, high chances are your opponent didn't either and you can get him to fold that way.

If he has a 9 its also alright since you still have 6 outs.

Hence you need to bet here for a couple of reasons:

1. Fold equity, you can win the pot right here. The pre-flop raise is your winnings, that is one of the reasons you raised pre-flop.
      2. To gain information. This is so crucial. His call, raise, waiting time.. everything he will do after you bet gives you information hence you can reevaluate the turn better. What if he has 9K or 6K or something (yes donk call pre-flop but its micro limits), your running into something you have no idea about.
      3. To put value in some cases
      4. To continue telling your story. Your aggressive pre-flop, you want to keep that image up. If you check it your giving away too much to your opponent. Your not only giving him information, but also giving him a free card.
    • srohack
      you can check behind or you can cbet here in position depending how much fold equity you have against him on that board
      as played i think i fold river because he doesnt seem aggressive and you have to be ahead a lot to make it profitable