are very loose games impossible to beat?

• Suboptimal88
      Suboptimal88
      Bronze
      If you push a bit wide even though still tighter than nash you still lose money on the long run , you actually need to be super tight on the bubble , on the other hand if you push super tight then you will blind out easily and it will be impossible to win.

I dont know what am i supposed to do but im pretty sure the correct adjustment is to push very tight but still i find myself with a micro stack very often , sometimes it works sometimes it dont. Im not confident on my pushing ranges , i created them after analyzing with icmizer.

Pushing like ATs AJ 88+ on the button of bubble of a fr turbo stt with 10bb seems a bit strange to me , but thats exactly what icmizer recommend even against only 1 just a bit loose player.

What do i have to do in these cases to preserve my stack and have some chance to win instead of blind out if things dont go well?
  • 3 replies
    • evolv87
      evolv87
      Bronze
      Very loose games are actually the easiest to win.

If you are unsure of certain spots like 10bb on the bubble and your push range, you need to give us all the details by posting the entire hand. Player stats and the stack dynamic are crucial to these situations and we can't make an assessment of the situation without this information. Post hands in the hand evaluation forum whenever you are uncertain what the correct play might be.

As far as you question about preserving your stack, I would suggest that you read into Future Game Simulation. As your stack gets blinded down, you have less fold equity on subsequent pushes. Therefore, it can be OK to take a smaller or even negative EV edge in the current situation to prevent the former from happening. Some ICM calculator can factor FGS into the calculation and this is something that successful SnG players experiment with. This because increasingly crucial when the Antes are factored in.

Here's the PokerStrategy article:
      Future Game Simulation

Good luck :s_biggrin:
    • MaxLange
      MaxLange
      Bronze
      loose games aren't hard to beat but the variance is higher.
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      I would definitely suggest that you choose your pushing range based on your villain tendencies, its good to use but its not good to blindly follow poker softwares.