Zoom Poker Challenge - Starting at 2NL

• Bacamarte91
      Hey folks! I have been trying out several different formats lately. Initially, the Hyper-Turbos and SNGs seemed to be my favorites but now I think Zoom Poker (full ring) is the one I'm most comfortable with. I had a pretty bad experience with the cash games in the past and I believe I'm beginning to have a solid grasp at them.

The challenge consists in playing at least 3000 hands a day and moving up stakes as I grow my bankroll. Also, I would like to share hands and discuss them with you so that I find leaks in my game. All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Day 1

I had an excellent run overall. I realized I was being extremely tight on crucial spots in the first 1100 hands. I decided to change drastically by raising a lot more preflop (I won many big pots with non premium hands) and being more aggressive. There was a solid drop as you can see in my graph and that was because of one hand. How would you have played it? Didn't have a lot of info on the villain but he seemed like a maniac type of player (36 Hands, VPIP 39, PR 28, 3-Bet 13). I ended up getting sucked out unfortunately. I wouldn't have called the 5-bet all in with QQ against an unknown person but I decided to take a risk with that player.

• 9 replies
    • Bacamarte91
      Another one I may not have played it correctly: http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...661_A4EA09E675

My question is about the turn. Is it really bad to move all in with the third low spade card coming completing a possible flush and straight draw? I didn't believe he had a draw because he had previously raised my bet on the flop.

A couple of fun hands where I just can't understand the thinking process behind these crazy players lol

gl mate
    • ikkvr
      Gl have failed a lot of challenges like this :D
    • Lazza61
      Hey Bacamarte91,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

Nice graph. If you are wondering why your image won't display, it's because you require Bronze status.

This is as simple as taking advantage of one of our free money offers. This will cost you nothing and will give you lifetime Bronze status.

Bronze will give you a tracked room to earn SPs, the ability to send friend requests and PMs through our community tool. You will also be able to post images and graphs directly into your posts, as well as opening up more strategy and videos.

P.S. Here's a freebie

• MaxLange
      Nice graph good luck, and if u want to be sucessfull put a lot of volune in the game!
    • MrMardyBum
      Hey dude,

Good luck, not as easy to build a roll now-a-days compared to a few years ago. Best of luck following :)

• Bacamarte91
      Hey everyone! I appreciate all the comments and I am sorry for not coming back with any updates. I might still make it to Gold Star, but it's gonna be tough! Haven't been able to put a lot of volume and this is my graph for 2NL for the last couple of days:

I am currently in the red at 5/10NL after playing pretty badly at times and receiving bad beats, but surprisingly positive at 25NL (only took a few shots some time ago with 1 table open). My bankroll is low at the moment but there are only about 350 VPPs left for me to unlock the $50 VIP Bonus! In order to become a Gold Star by the end of the month I would have to just skip 2NL for now though. Would you say it's too risky if I play 5NL (with 8 Buy ins) and then 10NL (with maybe 10BI)? I would try to play more tight aggressive and ABC poker so that I don't get a lot of variance. Also, are my stats too passive (VPIP 15, PR 10, 3-Bet 4, C-Bet 73)?
    • Bacamarte91
      Should I have been worried about the villain having a full house here or it was most likely the player would Just show a Three of a kind or maybe a flush?

BTN: $3.01
      SB: $2.01
      BB: $2.47
      UTG: $3.73
      UTG+1: $1.45
      MP: $2.13
      Hero (MP+1): $5.07
      MP+2: $5.20
      CO: $2.14

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q:diamond: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13, 2 players) 8:diamond: 8:spade: 2:diamond:
      BB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.37, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

River: ($0.77, 2 players) J:spade:
      BB bets $1.74, Hero calls $1.74

BB shows 6:spade: K:spade: (One Pair, Eights)
      Hero shows Q:diamond: T:diamond: (Flush, Queen High)
      Hero wins $4.10

• sokoi
      IMO on the flop I wouldn't put him on anything other then a Ax and maybe a FD himself. I would have 3b Cbet him on flop. Probably would have taken the pot there. Interesting that he ck/c the turn. I can see the confusion but either way you've made your hand and now its just about value betting from here on out. If he did make his flush I see him raising your turn, but that wasn't the case. I think on the river he went for out for lunch, not exactly sure why he would think K high is good here, but for your sake you shove and you have him hook line and sinker like the fish he is. Nicely done!

Without knowing his stats again I can't see or have him on any made hand. If he had any piece of the board i think a raise from him on the flop or turn you have seen.