How far can your winrate drop if you fold thin spots?

• Suboptimal88
      Suboptimal88
      Bronze
      My winrate so far is good , im at 12bb/100 at around 14k hands at 5nl and im even thinking to move at 10nl but i think to make some changes in my play and i wonder how they will affect me , so far depending on player or board i may try to play back on thin value spots like against reraises on the flop or against multiple barrels and pot sized bets , i wonder how far can my win rate drop if i simply fold any thin spot?
  • 2 replies
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      If your call EV vs raise or tripple barrel is just slightly +EV, then if you fold 100% bluff catcher it cant influence your winrate much because those spots happen very rarely.

It is actually very important how you play vs 3bets, 4bets, postflop raises and 3 barrels. At limits up to nl10 i would say just fold vs such lines 100% of time when you have bluff catcher, unless you have solid read. The reason is that average player is totally value heavy. When you have strong hand, keep on betting/raising big. Steal blinds wider as in charts, people dont defend blinds enough. It is very simple to have high win rate in those limits if you follow those instructions. Most important, steal wide, fold bluff catchers.
    • Shakaflaka
      Shakaflaka
      Bronze
      Be careful when analyzing your winrate with such a small sample. In 14k you can't really look at your winrate. Move up a limit if your bankroll allows you to do so, but be ready to move down if things go wrong. Don't assume you are a solid winning player in such a small sample (hopelly you are :) )

And if you simply just fold 100% bluffcatchers, you will do very well against people that don't bluff enough and you will do very bad against people that bluff a decent amount. In general, at microlimts people don't multibarrel bluff enough, but it will be player dependant obviusly.