VPIP / PFR - color coding

• SkunKSmiLe
      SkunKSmiLe
      Bronze
      Hey people, I have a question.
      I'm new user of PockerTracker and I started to color VPIP and PFT stats.
      I'm mostly playing 9-players table tournaments, for example 1$ and 2$ Freezeout tournaments.
      I'm interested in what do you think what is really high VPIP that I should color for example - red?
      My current settings is this:
      0-15 (light green for really rock type of plaers)
      15-30 (usually good players - dark green color)
      35-100 (players that have high VPIP and color is red).

Maybe you have better setting? Advise me, please. Thanks.
  • 6 replies
    • Gofuggoff
      Gofuggoff
      Basic
      I simplified mine and it works for me.
      try 0-22 red
      23-100 green
    • SkunKSmiLe
      SkunKSmiLe
      Bronze
      Well, that's really basic. From what I understand - more complex it is - more info you get - more chance you get, better is your evaluation.

But then again I don't want nothing too complex, just advice from normal day to day experienced player. Maybe in future I can use different stats and colors.
    • unknownx13
      unknownx13
      Platinum
      I use this settings
      vpip 0-12 yellow (exploitable)
      8-17 red (good)
      17-22 orange (ok)
      22-100( too much)
      pfr 0-9 yellow
      6-10 orange
      10-17 red
      17-100 green
      cheers!
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Like everything in this great game - it depends. One thing to be aware of is that a 'good' player's VPIP/PFR will usually be lower in the early stages of a STT and get higher in the later stages. So in the early stages a 'good' player may have stats like 14/10, but as it gets closer to the bubble something like 25/25 for example...

I think the ranges you identified in your original post are probably a good starting point and as you play more and correlate the stats with what you are seeing in-game, you will make good adjustments as needed.
    • SkunKSmiLe
      SkunKSmiLe
      Bronze
      Good post, Ramble.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by Ramble
      Like everything in this great game - it depends. One thing to be aware of is that a 'good' player's VPIP/PFR will usually be lower in the early stages of a STT and get higher in the later stages. So in the early stages a 'good' player may have stats like 14/10, but as it gets closer to the bubble something like 25/25 for example...

I think the ranges you identified in your original post are probably a good starting point and as you play more and correlate the stats with what you are seeing in-game, you will make good adjustments as needed.
      Ramble's description is precisely why PokerTracker 4 does not ship with pre-defined color ranges. We wish to leave this up to each user, and their own personal interpretation.