This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

VPIP / PFR - color coding

• SkunKSmiLe
      SkunKSmiLe
      Bronze
      Hey people, I have a question.
      I'm new user of PockerTracker and I started to color VPIP and PFT stats.
      I'm mostly playing 9-players table tournaments, for example 1$ and 2$ Freezeout tournaments.
      I'm interested in what do you think what is really high VPIP that I should color for example - red?
      My current settings is this:
      0-15 (light green for really rock type of plaers)
      15-30 (usually good players - dark green color)
      35-100 (players that have high VPIP and color is red).

Maybe you have better setting? Advise me, please. Thanks.
  • 6 replies
    • Gofuggoff
      Gofuggoff
      Basic
      I simplified mine and it works for me.
      try 0-22 red
      23-100 green
    • SkunKSmiLe
      SkunKSmiLe
      Bronze
      Well, that's really basic. From what I understand - more complex it is - more info you get - more chance you get, better is your evaluation.

But then again I don't want nothing too complex, just advice from normal day to day experienced player. Maybe in future I can use different stats and colors.
    • unknownx13
      unknownx13
      Bronze
      I use this settings
      vpip 0-12 yellow (exploitable)
      8-17 red (good)
      17-22 orange (ok)
      22-100( too much)
      pfr 0-9 yellow
      6-10 orange
      10-17 red
      17-100 green
      cheers!
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Like everything in this great game - it depends. One thing to be aware of is that a 'good' player's VPIP/PFR will usually be lower in the early stages of a STT and get higher in the later stages. So in the early stages a 'good' player may have stats like 14/10, but as it gets closer to the bubble something like 25/25 for example...

I think the ranges you identified in your original post are probably a good starting point and as you play more and correlate the stats with what you are seeing in-game, you will make good adjustments as needed.
    • SkunKSmiLe
      SkunKSmiLe
      Bronze
      Good post, Ramble.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by Ramble
      Like everything in this great game - it depends. One thing to be aware of is that a 'good' player's VPIP/PFR will usually be lower in the early stages of a STT and get higher in the later stages. So in the early stages a 'good' player may have stats like 14/10, but as it gets closer to the bubble something like 25/25 for example...

I think the ranges you identified in your original post are probably a good starting point and as you play more and correlate the stats with what you are seeing in-game, you will make good adjustments as needed.
      Ramble's description is precisely why PokerTracker 4 does not ship with pre-defined color ranges. We wish to leave this up to each user, and their own personal interpretation.