[NL2-NL10] AA vs 22 Would anyone fold this?

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($2.95)
      SB ($16.50)
      Hero (BB) ($27.95)
      UTG ($5.15)
      MP ($22.85)
      CO ($21.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A
      1 fold, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, 1 fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.60, 1 fold, CO calls $0.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.40) K, 2, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, CO raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $6.30, CO calls $2.80

Turn: ($14) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, CO calls $10

River: ($34) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $11.05 (All-In), CO calls $4.85 (All-In)

Total pot: $43.70 | Rake: $2

Results in white below:
      Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and Jacks).
      CO had 2, 2 (full house, twos over Jacks).
      Outcome: CO won $41.70

This is the sickest thing that has happened to me in a long time (made me break even after over an hour of play... not following BR properly.. so this really sucks)... could I have known this from the flop raise?
  • 7 replies
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      i'd bet more on flop. without stats/reads, being that deep i'd just call his pretty hard raise and go for pot control - kinda blockbet turn/river and fold to any heavy resistance.

any stats on him? actually he should've iso-raised MP in position (and therefore folded to your 3-bet pre), so if he's a passive player (?) that flop raise smells like trouble.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Yeah the AA blinded me.. I was confused about his raise... should have known he had hit something big :(

I mean limp pre-flop.. means he cant have K... hence had to had pockets.. well lesson learned the hard way... 3$ down in total.. freaking messed up.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      You are deep. Give up on the flop after raise.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Have you never lost overpair vs set before? Wow you must be really lucky :P
      Check out hasenbratens video on "Overpairs", it's good. -> http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/2125
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Ya know... I had that video open.... for the longest time. But was playing, so never got around to watching it.

K anyways.. time to move on haha. Can't be stuck with this... was almost 1/5 of my BR oh well... I think I should stick to BR, but I hate the grind :(
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Ya know... I had that video open.... for the longest time. But was playing, so never got around to watching it.
      I sometimes open videos and never have the time/energy to watch them, maybe they should be 30 mins long tops =)
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      make it preflop 0.7
      he does a very big checkraise on the flop . with no reads you can muck it there being so deep .
      you can call it once being ip but must of the time you will have to fold to a 2nd barrel on the turn .
      reraising is the worst line here . you will never get it in good so deep
      gl