This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA vs 22 Would anyone fold this?

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($2.95)
      SB ($16.50)
      Hero (BB) ($27.95)
      UTG ($5.15)
      MP ($22.85)
      CO ($21.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A
      1 fold, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, 1 fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.60, 1 fold, CO calls $0.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.40) K, 2, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, CO raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $6.30, CO calls $2.80

Turn: ($14) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, CO calls $10

River: ($34) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $11.05 (All-In), CO calls $4.85 (All-In)

Total pot: $43.70 | Rake: $2

Results in white below:
      Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and Jacks).
      CO had 2, 2 (full house, twos over Jacks).
      Outcome: CO won $41.70

This is the sickest thing that has happened to me in a long time (made me break even after over an hour of play... not following BR properly.. so this really sucks)... could I have known this from the flop raise?
  • 7 replies
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      i'd bet more on flop. without stats/reads, being that deep i'd just call his pretty hard raise and go for pot control - kinda blockbet turn/river and fold to any heavy resistance.

any stats on him? actually he should've iso-raised MP in position (and therefore folded to your 3-bet pre), so if he's a passive player (?) that flop raise smells like trouble.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Yeah the AA blinded me.. I was confused about his raise... should have known he had hit something big :(

I mean limp pre-flop.. means he cant have K... hence had to had pockets.. well lesson learned the hard way... 3$ down in total.. freaking messed up.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      You are deep. Give up on the flop after raise.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Have you never lost overpair vs set before? Wow you must be really lucky :P
      Check out hasenbratens video on "Overpairs", it's good. -> http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/2125
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Ya know... I had that video open.... for the longest time. But was playing, so never got around to watching it.

K anyways.. time to move on haha. Can't be stuck with this... was almost 1/5 of my BR oh well... I think I should stick to BR, but I hate the grind :(
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Ya know... I had that video open.... for the longest time. But was playing, so never got around to watching it.
      I sometimes open videos and never have the time/energy to watch them, maybe they should be 30 mins long tops =)
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      make it preflop 0.7
      he does a very big checkraise on the flop . with no reads you can muck it there being so deep .
      you can call it once being ip but must of the time you will have to fold to a 2nd barrel on the turn .
      reraising is the worst line here . you will never get it in good so deep
      gl