Bangladesh players on stars micro

Bronze
      I had a talk with my good friend Nihility77 whom if you ever played 25/50c FL know for sure.. That lately within these last few months a crap ton of Bangladesh players suddenly started to appear on the tables ranging from amazing 5/Tc to 0.5/1.. Anyone else finding this suspicious ? I and my friend have written to stars support asking for an investigation of them being bots but so far none has been proven a bot. All play a winning style at their games.. like 35/27/15 .. All of them have weird lines as RC|donk/call|donk/raise|bet with AQo on 45572 boards. I mean how often do you see players from Bangladesh and on top of that all of them playing somewhat solid for their stakes at least winning styles. none of them share tables ever.

25/50c : AAJ NOY KAAL, Prodip707, MicroMilions(this guy has moved up to 0.5/1 as far as i know), Ki je Kori

5/Tc KingQueeeen, NiteLovers, BabyPokerist, win To ShoW

on top of this Prodip707 has been seen chatting in english , perfect english.. There is a few more names that i cannot remember sadly. Im suspecting they are all sitting in the same house basically or something because this is just very weird. suddenly a bunch of Bangladesh guys jump on the tables and start winning immediately. on top of that so many accounts I could accept 1 - 3 guys but 8 and theres a few more i haven't added as i can't remember their account names.

ps: posted this in the czech and polish community aswell.
  • 15 replies
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      Originally posted by Avataren
      on top of this Prodip707 has been seen chatting in english
      this is not strange, there's plenty of fluent english speakers in that region.

they are all sitting in the same house basically or something
      would stars not spot this pretty easily?

something has happened but so far it's not looking very suspicious to me. my gut feeling is that you should keep your eyes open but don't get rattled it's probably innocent.
      Bronze
      the thing is these guys all of a sudden appeared at the same time. and immediately started playing styles like 35/27/15 (which is the stats of good mid/high stakes players) like .. It just doesn't seem right you know. I have honestly seen 1 - 3 bangladesh guys in my 4 year of FL at these stakes. then these guys came along.
      Bronze
      News : bangladesh and a few other muslim countries such as Turkey and Malaysia has been banned from real money play!
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      I think its pretty easy to run a bot undetected. You have to use an operator who lends the properties of a human for it in situations when its needed (clicking, answering to a chatbox whatever). IDK why it would be operated from Bangladesh. Maybe it's easy/cheap to buy copies of documents that are required to prove an identity+ you need a proxy and you can be anyone from anywhere around the globe.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      But who wants to go through all that trouble for "playing" 5c/Tc? Seems easier (and more profitable) to rob a bank or something.
      Bronze
      http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/pokerstars-does-not-offer-real-money-games-your-area-1478565/

update on everything.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      But who wants to go through all that trouble for "playing" 5c/Tc? Seems easier (and more profitable) to rob a bank or something.
      it is actually possible to get around $500 a month at 5/Tc if you go play as much as the bots on ipoker.. Ive seen bots on there make about $500 at 2/4c playing almost 24/7 for a month. so there is some merit to it.. besides the bots don't have to be that good to turn a profit at 5/Tc .. I personally when i played/play there have like +3BB/100 wr over a large sample.. If a bot can be anywhere near that and play lots more hands then there is money... Just look at hemul73 he has played on 5/Tc for years and turned more than $5000 profit at 5/Tc alone.

I don't know how rich or poor Bangladesh is but I do know there are places in the world where 10nl can be enough to make a living.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      it is actually possible to get around $500 a month at 5/Tc if you go play as much as the bots on ipoker.. Ive seen bots on there make about $500 at 2/4c playing almost 24/7 for a month. so there is some merit to it.. besides the bots don't have to be that good to turn a profit at 5/Tc .. I personally when i played/play there have like +3BB/100 wr over a large sample.. If a bot can be anywhere near that and play lots more hands then there is money... Just look at hemul73 he has played on 5/Tc for years and turned more than $5000 profit at 5/Tc alone.

I don't know how rich or poor Bangladesh is but I do know there are places in the world where 10nl can be enough to make a living.
      You have a point. But it still seems to me that getting decent at FL (which is why I endured many thousand hands at 5c/Tc) is a more economically rewarding way than cheating. Cheating takes risks and (apparently) also economical investment. Also, you learn nothing about poker. I have played with a couple of these dudes (especially Nitelover or whatever). Not really impressive, just aggressive.
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      looks like poor folks making a living at nanostakes is more or less over now amaya has exited the legally grey markets.

on a tangent here but i hope its a sign they are cleaning up shop before they attempt to re-enter the US market.
      Bronze

You have a point. But it still seems to me that getting decent at FL (which is why I endured many thousand hands at 5c/Tc) is a more economically rewarding way than cheating. Cheating takes risks and (apparently) also economical investment. Also, you learn nothing about poker. I have played with a couple of these dudes (especially Nitelover or whatever). Not really impressive, just aggressive.
      You also gotta remember not everyone wants to get good at poker.. Some just sees running bots as an occupation to earn some money. Like in world of warcraft people run bots to earn ingame gold to sell it for real money.. they earn more than an account costs making it profitable for them to run 20 accounts in one go and not care if some get banned. takes them 2 minutes to get back grinding gold literally just buy an account and the insta 90 option and bam.. same here. I know a guy who does it the botting on ipoker. he doesnt care to get better. he created a profile for micro stakes ipoker. it earns him 1k running like 3 bots at the same time a month. and ipoker does not ban the bots they dont care honestly. so he just keeps doing it as it is basically free money for him.

go on ptr and search for the most winnings per year at ipoker at 2/4c.. the top 15 is all bots.

scratch that .. Top 25 at least..

nr.4 and 6 and 8 and 10 and 17 is accounts i have seen the last 3 - 4 years .. Before i started on stars i played on ipoker bc of good rb. I still remember those names.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by badgerer
      looks like poor folks making a living at nanostakes is more or less over now amaya has exited the legally grey markets.

on a tangent here but i hope its a sign they are cleaning up shop before they attempt to re-enter the US market.
      I seriously hope the US player pool get mixed with ROW player pool.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Ki je Kori
      I think I've seen this player at 2/4 too. I remembered him because his nickname sounds phonetically same as "Where is Corey" :D
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Ki je Kori
      I think I've seen this player at 2/4 too. I remembered him because his nickname sounds phonetically same as "Where is Corey" :D
      lol.. yeah that player has been at various stakes. I do think ive seen him at 1/2 browsing the lobby. But luckily now those scumbag cheaters are gone (until they relocate)
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      I looked at some of these bot dev sites and it seems that most of the bots they offer can't play profitably at higher stakes. Most likely they play with leaks also and better regs can find and exploit these. You can buy different profiles for them (LAG-TAG ect...) for each stake up to 0.25/0.5c, so they seem to be adjusted according to the populations tendencies. That's why you see some accounts playing a shitton of hands on lower stakes while they have a big enough winrate to move up. If you see something like an account with 500k hands running on 3BB/100 on 0.05/1 & 0.1/0.2 yet 0 hands above these, you can be almost 100% sure that its a bot.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kavboj84
      I looked at some of these bot dev sites and it seems that most of the bots they offer can't play profitably at higher stakes. Most likely they play with leaks also and better regs can find and exploit these. You can buy different profiles for them (LAG-TAG ect...) for each stake up to 0.25/0.5c, so they seem to be adjusted according to the populations tendencies. That's why you see some accounts playing a shitton of hands on lower stakes while they have a big enough winrate to move up. If you see something like an account with 500k hands running on 3BB/100 on 0.05/1 & 0.1/0.2 yet 0 hands above these, you can be almost 100% sure that its a bot.
      except for hemul73 :) hes just a russian 5/Tc grinder. (I asked stars support to check him out) and like 15 other guys also asked about hemul over the years and each and every time he is confirmed a real human. I myself have 180k hands at 5/Tc :/ some just dont like playing higher than they feel comfortable with.. I can mention guys like Nihility77 and pay4myganja.. 2 of my real good friends who has played 500k+ hands at 25/50c .. Nihility77 play 80k hands a month at 25/50c and those two are definitely human :) (pay4myganja is on pstrategy)