Pokerstars stopped

• 6 replies
    • rompas
      rompas
      which countries?
    • troshacha
      troshacha
      Gold
      From 2p2 link - http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/pokerstars-does-not-offer-real-money-games-your-area-1478565/

"You should be able to play abroad but please note that the restriction applies to the following countries:

Malaysia, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Egypt, Qatar, Jordan, Kuwait, Senegal, Nigeria, Tanzania, United Republic of Bahrain, Afghanistan, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Kenya, Mozambique, Rwanda, Holy See (Vatican City)

The following countries are also blocked and no play money games are available:

Iran, Iraq, Syria, Zimbabwe, Libya, Sudan, North Korea, Cuba, Myanmar, Yemen.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we appreciate your understanding in this matter. "

Maybe tomorrow there will be an article at PokerStrategy about that.
    • PaTaPaTaPoNn
      PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Bronze
      Malaysia :(

Please link me to it if there's any article from Pokerstars...
      I'm a sad fish now :f_cry:
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      It disgusting how gouvernments can make decisions, even they have no clue what they are doing there.
      I feel sorry for all who have to suffer now because of that...
      we can expect that soon we're going to play against "sitemade bots" because there is nobody to play against....
      And I think that not only players in those countries are affected but also we - the leftovers....

NVKS
    • CamboCat
      CamboCat
      Bronze
      That are a lot of countries... X(

I got a bit scared when I saw the headline on Pokerfuse this morning:
      "PokerStars and Full Tilt Withdraw from Gray Markets: Malaysia, Turkey and More Affected"
      Opened Stars asap but luckily in Cambodia we can stil play :f_p:

Everyone in the affected countries move to iPoker?
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

It's very unfortunate, but sadly there's not really a whole lot we can do here. All I can suggest is that you move to a different poker room, as I'm afraid it won't be possible to play on PokerStars anymore if you live in one of the affected countries :(

You can check out our partner rooms here: Poker rooms

Also, as far as I'm aware you should at least still be able to withdraw your current account balance. I don't know if the same also applies to any FPPs you might've still had left. Unfortunately we don't have any official information about this yet.

We'll of course let you all know when we have more information about this whole situation for you.

Regards,
      Tino