This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

upgrading postgres from 8.3 to 9.x

• MessyRabbit
      MessyRabbit
      Bronze
      is it worth it?

will i notice any sort of performance improvement in terms of import of hands or how fast hud refreshes itself on zoom?

i have win 7 64bit with ssd running on scsi 2.0
  • 3 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by MessyRabbit
      is it worth it?

will i notice any sort of performance improvement in terms of import of hands or how fast hud refreshes itself on zoom?

i have win 7 64bit with ssd running on scsi 2.0
      The differences are miniscule unless you have a significant database size, then you will see some performance increase - but it may not be large enough to notice in some situations.

https://www.pokertracker.com/faq/PT4#Minimum_Requirements
    • qdlavgg
      qdlavgg
      Bronze
    • MessyRabbit
      MessyRabbit
      Bronze
      thank you for the answer, very much appreciated

i checked the link, but it does not answer my question whether the improvement on performance will be worth the trouble

i most of the time have 2 databases, one for my hands [small one], second one which size is around 80-90 GBs
      and usually i m starting to import to third one, when i will reach this 90gb threshold, slowly discounting the one with 90GB

that being said usually i m connected to 3 databases and one of them is quite big