888 poker hud not starting

• cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      Hello I am trying to launch the HUD for Pacific poker 888, but after the set up of the poker room and choosing the folder where I download the hands the Hud is not starting. The HUD recognize the table where I am playing and I set up correctly (I think) the seat selection.
      Can anyone help maybe with Skype or Teamviwer?
      I have HM1, version 1.12.09 thanks
  • 26 replies
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Support for HM1 has ended some month ago.

Your very old version 1.12.09 will not work on 888, you may give the latest 1.14.02 a try:
      http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      hey thanks very much, now the HUD is starting but in HM I can not review the hands, did I miss any passage? Do you play in 888 poker?
      thanks
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      I played some hands on 888 a few weeks ago during some tests.
      So you are saying the replayer is not working or are only 888 hands not working in the replayer?
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      hello it seems that the replayer is not working for all hands...
      i added you as friend so maybe we can exchange our skype, it would be nice.
      Some people advised me to use HM2 but I really like the first one.
      how many poker room do you track with HM1? does it work fine for all?thanks
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      I am from the Holdemmanager Support Team, i haven't used HM1 for playing for years. And as i already told you HM1 is no longer supported. So i'm not going to spend much time with helping you :)

Here are some replayer hints:
      * The replayer is not working with the Comodo firewall. You need to uninstall it.
      If thats not the reason please try the following:.
      1. close HM
      2. create a backup copy of the file config\holdemmanager.config
      3. open the original file in a texteditor like notepad
      4. delete the 2 lines with the following settings:
      setting name="ReplayerSettings" ...
      and
      setting name="ReplayerSkinToUse....
      5. save and exit
      6. restart HM. The lines in the config file will be recreated.
      7. check the subfolder replayer skin\default skin of your holdemmanager installation path (default c:\program files(X86)\rvg software\holdemmanager. Does this folder exist and contain files? If not please come back, we need to send you the files.
      8. Test the replayer again. If it still doesn't work you need to reinstall HM with a fresh configuration.
    • StormNC
      StormNC
      Bronze
      hey thanks very much, now the HUD is starting but in HM I can not review the hands, did I miss any passage? Do you play in 888 poker?
      thanks
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Please read my previous post, its about replayer problems
    • acerbikas
      acerbikas
      Bronze
      I actually have the same problem with the hud not starting for HM2 on 888. Hands are imported alright as are tournament results (albeit with a slight delay or so I've noticed) but the HUD fails to show up. Did all the steps listed on the official site guidelines but it did not work.

Edit: Hands are imported but hole cards are missing if the hand does not go to showdown.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      If you are talking about Snap tables, they are not supported because 888 allows no Hud on them.

For other tables:

Please try the table finder: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1441/How+is+Table+Finder+utilized+if+the+HUD+does+not+appear%3F
      And please make sure your computers date and time are correct and the hands are imported with the correct time.

HM2 can only show mucked cards if the pokerclient writes them in the handhistory file. I'm not sure if this is true for 888. You should open the handhistory files in a text editor like notepad and check it.
    • acerbikas
      acerbikas
      Bronze
      No, not snap tables.

I have further investigated into this matter but their support is helpless. Problem as I see it comes from the fact tat the software saves the hands without hero's hole cards, unless the hand goes to showdown. How to eradicate it is beyond me. Other than that, I tried out table finder and it sees the tables anyhow; hm just doesn't understand the semi-empty hand histories (without the hole cards) and most likely can't start up the HUD then. Times are correct, hands are imported at the exact time without any issues.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Normal handhistories from 888 shouldn't cause any problems, no matter whether they contain mucked cards or not.
      I suggest you send us some of the original handhistory files (you find them under c:\hm2archive) with a problem description and link to this thread to hm2support@holdemmanager.com and we take a look at it.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      We now have further informations about this bug, its caused by a faulty installation routine of the 888 client.
      It can be solved by reinstalling the 888 client (it may be necessary to reinstall it more than one time before it works).
    • Absolut2k
      Absolut2k
      Bronze
      Originally posted by netsrak
      We now have further informations about this bug, its caused by a faulty installation routine of the 888 client.
      It can be solved by reinstalling the 888 client (it may be necessary to reinstall it more than one time before it works).
      I got the same issue. 888poker Hand histories dont contain informations about my hole cards. Reinstalling the 888 client did not work.
      Could you give me a more detailed description about the problem? Which files are faulty? What else can i do?

EDIT: By the way, it seems that the german 888poker client doesn't have this problem. Hand histories are correct but HM2 doesn't work with the german 888 client and english hand histories :(
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      In general this is all the information we have:
      "Reinstall 888 is all that is needed. Sometimes you need to reinstall it more than once but it fixes itself eventually."

A colleague fixed it in a remote session with this steps:
      1) Uninstall 888 client using Revouninstaller.
      2) Create new folders - 888 and 888hands. I did this on the c:\ drive main folder itself.
      3) Turn off read only and assign full control to all users, including Everyone to both of these folders.
      4) Add these locations, in addition to HM2, Postgres folder, and postgres executables to antivirus exceptions lists.
      5) Re-download the 888 setup file.
      6) Add the 888 setup file to the antivirus exceptions list.
      7) Run the 888 file as administrator.
      8) Install into the c:\888
      9) Close 888.
      10) Set 888 exe's to run as administrator.
      11) Go into 888 settings and tell it to save the hands to c:\888hands
      12) When I ran 888, it began saving hole cards in the HH file and the HUD shows
    • Absolut2k
      Absolut2k
      Bronze
      "Reinstall 888 is all that is needed. Sometimes you need to reinstall it more than once but it fixes itself eventually."

2) Create new folders - 888 and 888hands. I did this on the c:\ drive main folder itself.
      3) Turn off read only and assign full control to all users, including Everyone to both of these folders.
      4) Add these locations, in addition to HM2, Postgres folder, and postgres executables to antivirus exceptions lists.
      9) Close 888.
      thx, problem is solved now. I'm using Windows Xp as Administrator without antivirus, so i dont think that this Problem is caused by user rights or antivirus software.
      I did not use revouninstaller before but i guess that this solved the problem. I used it and intalled the client in the folders that you suggested. Now it works. Thank you!
    • eriksu2
      eriksu2
      Bronze

9) Close 888.
      didnt worked for me ... when i try to import hands there is shown files imported (for example) 20,
      hands imported 0
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Where do the hands come from? After the reinstallation you need to play new hands to see if it works. If it doesn't work try the reinstallation again.

Your 888 client is installed in english language?
    • sixpence
      sixpence
      Basic
      ty netsrak... it works now, i was so frustrated until i read your posts... :)
    • Post removed