POST YOUR SUGGESTIONS: Player meeting Oct 2014

• lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      I'll be at the PokerStars player meeting this month, 14.10. - 18.10., representing the players of PokerStrategy.

Comments, questions, and most importantly suggestions, around PokerStars in this thread please.

Let me know whatever is on your mind regarding

• Desktop client
      • Mobile client
      • VIP system
      • Games spread
      • Policies
      • Regulation
      • Amaya <-> PokerStars
      • Anything else

and I will try to bring the issues to PokerStars' attention.
  • 30 replies
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      i realise i could be representing a minority issue here but a linux native desktop client would be fantastic. if you could ask if they are planning anything and perhaps give them a nudge that would be amazing.
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      A few less bad beats would be nice :)
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      auto time bank feature would be nice.

even larger fonts for stacks, and possibility to use BB view.

ability to make multiple stacks.

better enforcement of collusion rings, and ofc lower rake at micros
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gavinonymous

Auto time bank: I think they love their only autotimebank when money was comitted setting.

Fonts: Do you want an extra setting? The basic font to increase? Please state exactly want you want, how and where.

Multiple Stacks: I have no idea what you could possibly mean, sorry, please elaborate.

Enforcement: Any actionable advice? I don't know anything about their current policies and workflows. Where and what do you want to see change?

Lower rake: They are very on top of rake structure, doubt I can accomplish too much there I'm afraid.
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by badgerer
      i realise i could be representing a minority issue here but a linux native desktop client would be fantastic. if you could ask if they are planning anything and perhaps give them a nudge that would be amazing.
      Does HM or TN or anything else run?

I doubt this is even on their long term TODO, but I will ask about it.
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      It would be really nice if in draw games the number of every player's discards would stay visible a little bit bit longer. For example to the beginning of the betting round.
      Nowdays it's very easy to miss this vital information if you just happen to look elsewhere during those few seconds. :(
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      Originally posted by lnternet
      Does HM or TN or anything else run?

I doubt this is even on their long term TODO, but I will ask about it.
      i don't use tn or hm so i can't comment on that.

just so you know, stars client will run on linux in an emulator call 'wine' but it has issues (for me). some features dont work like popup windows for promotions and support, its also unstable especially when another program is running in wine. the new version of the client didn't work whatsoever.... you get the idea.

thanks.
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PerusJamppa
      It would be really nice if in draw games the number of every player's discards would stay visible a little bit bit longer. For example to the beginning of the betting round.
      Nowdays it's very easy to miss this vital information if you just happen to look elsewhere during those few seconds. :(
      Thanks for the suggestion.
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      just so you know, stars client will run on linux in an emulator call 'wine' but it has issues (for me). some features dont work like popup windows for promotions and support, its also unstable especially when another program is running in wine. the new version of the client didn't work whatsoever.... you get the idea.

thanks.
      Well that's your emulators problem, not theirs. Maybe try VirtualBox and WMWare Player (the free one).

Also make sure you assign enough resources, most default settings only give 1 core, which might be a bottleneck.
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      Well that's your emulators problem, not theirs. Maybe try VirtualBox and WMWare Player (the free one).

Also make sure you assign enough resources, most default settings only give 1 core, which might be a bottleneck.
      i know the problems are at my end, and believe me i've tried hard to get everything working perfectly. i have no problems with the windows version of pokerstars.

you probably already know this but 'wine' isnt actually an emulator although it does the job of an emulator, i only call it that for simplicity. using an actual emulator like vm player is problematic because i dont want to install windows or have to boot it each time i want to open the client. which is why my suggestion for pokerstars is please make a linux native client.

if you dont think its worth mentioning at the meeting i would completely understand. i only posted this because if you dont ask you dont get!
    • Mahjas
      Mahjas
      Bronze
      heads up tables at micros will be nice
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mahjas
      Noted
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      It goes without saying as everyone wants it, but please push for a better 2015 VIP program, in particular, a separate VIP level awarded for reaching 300K-500K yearly VPPs (coined 'Supernova Prestige' by players, as you might know) that would give better returns than under the current Supernova milestone system, with a FPP/VPP multiplier of at least 4, maybe even at the expense of cutting down SNE rewards a bit or shifting the SNE requirement to 1.5M-2M yVPPs to be available to fewer grinders. Timebanking mass multitablers are making the game less of a fun to recreational players, and it's possible to earn 500K VPPs by playing an adequate number of tables.

Consider quarterly VIP levels as well. Some people are scared to make a full-year commitment, especially in the current poker environment, where their main games may decline in the middle or towards the end of the year, like it has happened with 6-max and HU hypers after the introduction of Spin & Gos.

In VIP programs on all other networks and sites familiar to me that are in the top 25 trafficwise, jumps between adjacent VIP levels (other than the starting ones) are not bigger than 5x. Only Pokerstars' VIP program has this abysmal 10x gap between SN and SNE, which makes it unbalanced (too many people who'd earn 300K yVPPs aren't incentivised to do so and go for 100K or 200K instead, which seems to more than offset the additional income gained from the few people going for 1M yVPPs instead of 600K.)

It will be nice only if rake caps at such tables are made reasonable (ideally, proportional to the stake, i.e. $0.25 at NL25, $0.10 at NL10, etc.; the rake at HU NL50/PLO50 with the $0.50 cap is about the biggest possible, any bigger bb/100 rake would make the games unbeatable). Be careful with your wishes!
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      CAP tables at micros.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Enjoy the free trip, these meetings are no longer useful, the election thread on 2p2 just showed what an absolute farce this is.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Thanks for the suggestion.
      Not 100% sure this works in the draw games, but usually if you turn on all dealer messages, then you can see the previous action in the chatbox I think this includes # of discards.
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      Not going to happen. A cross platform version is on the table though.

Originally posted by gavinonymous

auto timebank: won't happen. you slow down the games, not appreciated by recreationals, not encouraged.

fonts: difficult, lots of text all around. try using a different theme?

BB view: probably not going to happen

collusion rig control: was not a topic

rake: unlikely to see any changes
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      Point brought up, but likely too insignificant to make it. I suggest you email them and encourage your other draw playing friends to do the same to increase priority of this issue. Otherwise, it's just a random request, of which they have more than you can count.

Point has been raised, no answer, unlikely to be changed I guess.
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      It goes without saying as everyone wants it, but please push for a better 2015 VIP program, in particular, a separate VIP level awarded for reaching 300K-500K yearly VPPs (coined 'Supernova Prestige' by players, as you might know)
      Won't happen in 2015. SNE announcement went through just before the meeting (WCOOP ME ticket removed, rest unchanged).

Originally posted by tonypmm
      Consider quarterly VIP levels as well. Some people are scared to make a full-year commitment, especially in the current poker environment, where their main games may decline in the middle or towards the end of the year, like it has happened with 6-max and HU hypers after the introduction of Spin & Gos.
      Discussed moving year and semesters as well. Lots of SNE people are tied to higher education which runs in semesters, so this would make a lot of sense. Plus, currently people fuck up their Christmas and New Years to get those last VPP.

But beyond "points were made" I can't offer anything unfortunately.