Ask Leatherass a question to win his new book

• BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Dusty Schmidt and Paul Hoppe are back with a new poker book called Poker in Practice: Critical Concepts - where they explain some of the most important lessons you can learn in the modern game.

You can win a copy this new book simply by asking Leatherass a poker question in this thread.

He will pick out the best five questions to win the books and we will publish all his answers on the site.

You have until October 12 to get your questions in to Dusty.

• 52 replies
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      If you would have chance to start your poker carrier over with your this time knowledge, what you definitely would do differently then you actually did? What is biggest mistakes you think that you made?
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      What do great players have that average regulars don't?
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      What are the most common mistakes made at Micro/low limit NL that can easily be fixed/exploited? Im a very average NL25 player and I feel my ability has stagnated despite reviewing hands and watching videos regularly.
    • Fr0z3nByt3
      Fr0z3nByt3
      Bronze
      How much time should today's poker player dedicate to study and what do you think is more optimal: grind a lot and gain more experience/feel for the game or take more time away from the tables to watch videos/read books/review?
    • PumaPerez
      PumaPerez
      Silver
      if you could choose only one of these attributes which is by your opinion most important to be the great player: passion, determination, creativness? or something else? how would you describe yourself as poker player in one word?
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      How could we get more pro poker players to share their knowledge like you did?
    • cserti
      cserti
      Bronze
      Do you ever daydream of where you whould be in your golfcareer if you didn't choose to play poker for a living? #NoRegrets
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      compared to playing time, how much time do you spend working on your game away from the felt?
    • BotiaKiraly
      BotiaKiraly
      Bronze
      After playing POKER I went to play minigolf one day and even the girls beat me, I came last...

Do you have any tips to improve my skills, i think it has something to do with the way I hit the ball, maybe the way I hold the stick.

Or maybe my eyes got tired from grinding, do you have similar problems with golf after a poker session?
    • pizdontar
      pizdontar
      Bronze
      How did you come up with your nickname "leatherass"?
    • alphamonkey
      alphamonkey
      Silver
      What is the secret to be a success poker player ?
    • wealthybrainer
      wealthybrainer
      Bronze
      Donk betting vs check raising. Playing in blinds vs LP, is it always better to have x/r range than donking range? For balancing it is better to have x/r range. But is it more profitable to x/r than to donk bet? I mean when you can x/r bluff or x/r for value, maybe you should donk bet instead because people tend to fold too much or spew if they think that your donking is weak (many people don't donk bet and don't know how to play against donk bets). So what do you prefer to have first? Donking or check/raising range?
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      What was the biggest obstacle(leak,habit) you had to overcome on the way of becoming one of the best online grinders in poker?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I very much enjoyed reading 'treat your poker like a business' partly because it seemed so novel and refreshing at the time. I am also impressed by your journey in mental game from someone who destroyed computer mice to someone who sounded to me like they played a near constant A-Game with excellent decision based focus (and for elongated periods of time too). I was wondering one thing though (Apologies if this is a question you have been asked before):

Did you view your journey in Mental Game as very much one long journey as I imagined previously, or was it more of a two-stage (or more) process? EG: Stage 1: Stop going so far as to lose emotional control. Stage 2: Start shifting more of your playing time into one with an A-Game mindset.
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Why do I need this book?
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Can I win the book? If yes, how?
    • ozziwar
      ozziwar
      Bronze
      What are your biggest "aha moments" in poker that took you one level ahead of most?
    • LuckyManFromLT
      LuckyManFromLT
      Gold
      Hi Dusty, if you would need to start your poker journey again from zero, would you go for it?
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Have you ever looked through an airplane window and thought that the cars look just like ants from there, before realizing that you're still on the ground and you are in fact looking at ants and then thinking that the ants looks just like cars from there?