Playing Poker Abroad

• cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      Hello guys the other days I had the bad news that Pokerstars is not working in some countries I quote from internet :
      "Many players around the world woke up to an unwelcome surprise this morning when they tried to log in to PokerStars to play their usual games. Real money poker was no longer available to them.

The forums quickly filled with angry and confused players saying that they too had lost the ability to play real money poker on PokerStars. Countries that have been reported to be affected include Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Cuba, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Libya, Malaysia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nigeria, North Korea, Occupied Territory of Palestine, Pakistan, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vatican City, Yemen, and Zimbabwe."

I usually travel a lot and I usually live in 2-3 different places during the year, lately I decided to play just on POKERSTARS but now it seems impossible...

I have an account also in POKER777, 888, and WPT but I can not play in these poker rooms back in my country.

So the question is: every time I go to another country, usually I do not spend less than 5-6 weeks, I should withdraw money from the poker room and move to the other? Which of these 3 poker rooms do you suggest?

thanks
  • 4 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey there,

Playing poker online when abroad is always a challenge and could lead to temporary suspension of your account from the poker room's security team. Usually whenever you clear it up once it's then easier with this poker room.

PokerStars recent countries restriction is mostly for places where online gambling is illegal or in a very "grey " area. As such I suggest that you always check for the country you are travelling to if there are any restrictions on online gambling as you might be breaking the local laws.

If you are going to play in multiple rooms, you can easily move funds around by using Skrill - it offers instant deposits and faster withdrawals and is also a good place to keep most of your poker bankroll, while keeping in the poker rooms just what you need for the current period (session, week etc).

As to which poker rooms are forbidding certain countries, you can go to our poker room section, choose a poker room and then click the link to their site - they all should have a section with "Restricted / Prohibited countries in their terms and conditions.
      But as I said, be sure to check local laws first.

Best,
      Kamen
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      Hey thanks for the advice, the only "problem" could be to adjust to a different poker room with old data in pokertracker or HM. But I think if you want to move up and be a winning player this should not be such a deal.
      Do you suggest any poker room in particular?
      thanks
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze

Dammit I was so looking forward to multi-tabling in North Korea.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by cekpirus88
      Hey thanks for the advice, the only "problem" could be to adjust to a different poker room with old data in pokertracker or HM. But I think if you want to move up and be a winning player this should not be such a deal.
      Do you suggest any poker room in particular?
      thanks
      Hey,

Shouldn't be such a problem as you want current stats anyway - and you can't rely in stats only ;)

You can ask here by giving some details about what you play:
      Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

Best,
      Kamen