This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Back to the regs!

• froganlt
      froganlt
      Basic
      Hi there, everybody! I am going straight away to talk about who am I and what my goals are, but before, I sincerely apologise if I'm going to confuse anybody with my english skills, they're decent, but not great. So here we go!

WHO AM I?

I am a 21 year old guy from Lithuania (Eastern Europe). I love psychology, but I am currently studying journalism. I am also a huge Toronto Raptors fan.

My stars nickname : frogaN

Now, about my story. I will try to be quick and informative. I started playing poker about 4 years ago, got a stake from a fellow Lithuanian grinder and played 2.2/180man turbo sng. I was a quick learner, and in about 4 months I took a shot at 12/180man turbo sng and never looked back. I was confident (maybe too much), but I played good also. I had about 25-35% ROI for most of the time back then. After that, when the 3.3+r/180man turbo appeared, I started grinding those, and made about 5-7$/game, and was feeling like I was on top of the world. And then one day the field just changed and I was not able to be good at poker again. I was breakeven ever since. I gave a couple of more shots at poker, had some staking agreements, but I did not succeed. I think, I was just not able to learn and fully understand the advanced parts of poker, and was being way too cocky about myself in poker. Hopefully, I am more grown up now, and will be able to learn from my mistakes (it is good that atleast I admit my mistakes, right?).

WHAT I AM GOING TO PLAY

I currently have 98$ on stars, so you could say that I am completely starting over. I will play 1.5/45man turbos, maybe mixing in some CAP MTTs like the 0.55$ cap, or 1.1$ cap. (if you have any tips, know any videos, or good articles about the current field of 1.5/45 games - please tell me here or pm me, I would appreciate it very much).

GOALS

Since I have read a lot of articles about poker, including the quick guide to skyrocketing your poker and life productivity, I have learned not to make money based goals. I will not be playing 100+ games a day, since I have to study, I have a girlfriend, and of course I have the need to just chillout.

:diamond: Start playing 1.5/45man turbo this week.
      :diamond: DO NOT play over 4-6 tables at a time.
      :diamond: Just learn the game, analize my game, look for leaks.
      :diamond: Keep this blog alive - I think it is going to help me improve a lot. By alive I mean post here atleast one time per week.
      :diamond: Every now and then, post a hand or two here, and discuss it with you guys.
      :diamond: Future goal: Start beating 1.5/45man turbos, move up to 2.5/180man turbos, and after - I do not know.

As for now, I think I am done writing. As soon as I will play and finish my first session, I will write about it here.

I hope that you will support me and help me. Peace!
  • 2 replies