Can I make profit on 1$ sngs?

• MaxLange
      MaxLange
      Bronze
      I am planning to play sngs with 1$ buy in 85 cent - 15 cent fee,
      What I am asking is can I make profit out of those games? Where top 3 gets paid
      3rd - 1.02$
      2nd-1.53$
      1st-2.55$

The reason I play those is because I needed money for emergency thing and cashout my bankroll which was around 1000$ :(
      I was regular in 11$ SNGS, and MTTs. overall 3700$ profit on 888 but since I needed money badly now I have just 16$ And hope to comeback from 1$ games.
  • 5 replies
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      i have a feeling you already know the answer to this.

well obv you could, but you'll bust your roll at the first downswing. if i were you i'd look for other options first. if there really aren't any then go ahead and gamble just hope for a good start.
    • silku108
      silku108
      Bronze
      I think you have more chance to grow your bankroll by playing the lowest cash games they are really easy to beat. The rake is just killer in 1$ games.
    • Sidao2
      Sidao2
      Bronze
      I agree with badgerer.

If you want to ensure that you're getting the best probability of raising up some cash, you should not risk all your money gambling on medium stakes.

You must not forget that poker have the lucky factor on it despite any strategy.

You really should consideer the probability of going on a downswing.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silku108
      I think you have more chance to grow your bankroll by playing the lowest cash games they are really easy to beat. The rake is just killer in 1$ games.
      Rake is also killer at NL2... And if playing at Stars you'll need at least an average understanding of cash game strategy.

Why not hit the 50c 45 man on stars?
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      Or just deposit another 20$ and take the chance on 3,50$ single tables.
      Maybe you can pull of to make a bankroll with 10 buy-ins.