The "Polski" Blog

• tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      Hi Folks!
      Few weeks ago ( maybe months ) I have decided I will start new blog and I want to do it here however I am native polish. My English is not great but that is one of the reason why I want to have my blog here, to improve it. I use to write well in English when I finished school but for last 8 years of my life I was extremely lazy and I hardly read anything or write and I found that I am regressing.
      I will post something everyday for next 90 days ( hopefully longer ). I watched first part video made by Roskolnikov and I found that I am an lazy idiot who always want something but never want to work hard to get it. I am kind of coward. I was always saying that I could not do "that and that" in my life because I had hard childhood and growing up time. The true is that it was always my fault.
      I wanted study and I have came to England for 9 months to save money for uni, but every weekend I used to go out instead of saving money.
      I had two blogs in Polish but they both failed because of me of course but when they failed I found I always tried to find an excuse not to write even if I knew I am progressing my poker game by writing them.
      Recently I found ilidek's blog and I am very impressed by his blog so that is the time to start mine. Since I have started reading his blog I want learn I finally understood that only by hard work I can achieve something in poker.
      I need to work on many levels. I have lots of leaks in my game and mindset. I am playing poker more than 5 years and I have never properly learned odds chart :facepalm:
      Who I am, what I play, what are my plans and goals?
      1. I am 31 old fella. I have girlfriend and one 4 yrs old girl. I always planned to be rich but never done anything towards that, at the minute I am in deep shit. I have 7k debt after spending too much and being too lazy ( I made a plan with my girlfriend and we should pay it to the end of april ).
      I used to play football but never achieve anything, at the minute I keep planing how to lose weight:)
      I work as CNC operator and setter in small company.
      2. I play MTT satelites mainly to SM and Nightly 50, 40, 30 ground. I started play them at the begining of the year and that how is it look:

and me from begining:

Like You use I had a nice downswing but I believe it was my own fault. I made big cashout then invested money in staking left myself 200 bucks to play and then trouble started. I stated to play too aggresively to win money quick after short time I realized that this is not the right way so I started play (too) passively and I could not win satelite for 2 months! I have very rarely done session review I prefered to play. Session review is boring but it will change now!
      3. My plan is to:
      a) keep learning everyday by doing session review, reading articles, books, watching videos etc;
      b) start learning to write fast on keybord without watching it;
      c) do something with my body, loose weight, start running, riding more on bike, do 100 press up challenge ( start next week );
      d) on top all of that SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY FAMILY DURING THE WEEKENDS!
      4. My goals:
      a) crush satellites;
      b) achieve ROI 100%+;
      c) build up my bankroll to feel safe;
      d) be able to leave my current job and play poker;
      e) I will update it soon I had a lot plans an goals but my head is empty now. Its time to sleep.
      Plan for tommorow:
      Play satellite at 4.39 ( late reg ) and do session review, read at least one page ilidek's blog.
      C U!
  • 71 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey tojaczajka,

Welcome to the English blogs. :)

Wow. That is some first post and you're English is fine. I had no trouble at all. :s_thumbsup:

You have some really nice goals so I'll wish you the best of luck. But then again who needs luck if you CRUSH!!! :s_biggrin:

Cheers

Laz
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      Hey Lazza61 thx for welcoming.
      Did You mean this kind of luck?
      Poker Stars, $1.50 Buy-in (6,000/12,000 blinds, 1,200 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 35,250 (2.9 bb)
      BB: 52,378 (4.4 bb)
      UTG+2: 43,000 (3.6 bb)
      MP1: 100,950 (8.4 bb)
      MP2: 33,000 (2.8 bb)
      MP3: 45,000 (3.8 bb)
      CO: 109,000 (9.1 bb)
      Hero (BTN): 68,200 (5.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 6 6
      2 folds, MP2 raises to 31,800 and is all-in, 2 folds, Hero raises to 67,000 and is all-in, SB calls 28,050 and is all-in, BB folds

Flop: (121,500) 3 6 9 (3 players, 3 are all-in)
      Turn: (121,500) 5 (3 players, 3 are all-in)
      River: (121,500) J (3 players, 3 are all-in)

Results: 121,500 pot
      Final Board: 3 6 9 5 J
      SB showed Q Q and lost (-35,250 net)
      MP2 showed 4 4 and lost (-33,000 net)
      Hero showed 6 6 and won 121,500 (86,250 net)

When I played this hand I was fishthinking, when I saw I have 66 I thought stright away that I am going to call his push but I did not think for a sec what his range is, I did it after I called. He seems to be reg, play well through rebay phase so when I think about it now, I think that if he is a reg he knows that he need chips so he is going to push there about 20%( maybe even more considering fact that all plrs behind are rather tight )and my call is ok. I knew that guys behind me are going to call very tight because they were tight in rebuy phase, but it doesnt change fact that I was lucky:)
      In my country we says " Stupid is lucky" :D
      I was not so lucky there:
      Poker Stars, $1.50 Buy-in (8,000/16,000 blinds, 1,600 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8 Players

SB: 151,600 (9.5 bb)
      BB: 194,900 (12.2 bb)
      UTG+2: 130,028 (8.1 bb)
      MP1: 143,752 (9 bb)
      MP2: 28,918 (1.8 bb)
      MP3: 187,600 (11.7 bb)
      CO: 101,925 (6.4 bb)
      Hero (BTN): 126,850 (7.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A Q
      3 folds, MP3 raises to 32,000, CO folds, Hero raises to 125,250 and is all-in, 2 folds, MP3 calls 93,250

Flop: (287,300) T 5 Q (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: (287,300) 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (287,300) K (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: 287,300 pot
      Final Board: T 5 Q 9 K
      MP3 showed 5 5 and won 287,300 (160,450 net)
      Hero showed A Q and lost (-126,850 net)

It was new table and second hand. I was well confused there, his open seems to be strong, but I did not want to believe in it. In satellites U can find people with big stack trying to steal very often. They just open cos they have chips. I gave him range 55+,ATs+,KQs,AJo+,KQo like that and my push looks ok vs that range I still needs about 230k chips so I called. I will post this hand tomorrow to evaluate.
      I am very tired today, woke up 4:30. I found that satellites in the morning are easier to play. There is less good regs. There is many MTT regs but not satellite regs. I will be play tomorrow again. the worst think is that sometimes tournament are voided and its annoying when I get off bed at 4:30 and there is no tournament.
      I catch myself thinking a lot about bullshit when I am playing I have to fight with it somehow.
      Tomorrow plan is exatly the same but during SR I want to make more notes about calling in specific situations. Today I described few players.
      I need to find some fast way to calculating pot odds cos it takes me ages. I think that I will go to libary on saturday I try to keep calculating odds for few hours. I need to get use to do simply math.
      See Yaa.
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      I was thinking today a lot about poker. I constantly think about poker thats scares me:)
      I will do session review later when my daughter go sleep. I am very tired today. I slept only 5 hrs last tree days in row.
      Today I will calculate odds in some specific situations because they always repeating, especially after add on when I need to call having 30k chips. I will find what are my pot odds vs 1 opp, 2 opp,3 opp and when I am sitting on blinds vs 1 opp, 2 opp, and 3 opp. I guessing that once I will do it I remember it instantly but I will still post it here. I want to post more information here so I can read it before I start play. I think it will be helpful.
      I need to start planning my day and week better to avoid being overtired. My day seems to be crazy. I wake up at 4:30 to play satellite at 4:39, then I go to work about 6:00-6:30, working till 4:15 some days till 3:00 ( usually on Thursday cos my daughter has ballet lesson and I need to take her to ballet school ), after work quick shower, dinner then I have to give a lift my girlfriend to work then I come back to house and play with my daughter and watching movies with her about 8:00-9:00 she falls asleep then I can do session review:) Between 10:30 - 11:00 I go sleep to wake up at 4:30 again. For a short while I look like that :f_o: after few minutes I am in poker mode :pokerface:
      My daughter has a lot energy. She is like cyborg never tired, when get tired she falls asleep in 5 minutes and charging through the night.
      I decided that until I will pay my debt I will be doing 10 hrs overtimes per week. 6 hrs on Saturday and 2 on Monday and Tuesday. I will be less tired at the end week. I will be able to play satellite at 5:39 on Wed, Thur and Friday. One extra hour sleep will give me more energy.
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      I have calculated my equity in few situations. Its apply only when plrs have full stack after add on. Basically it is first hand. When my stack shrink my equity increasing so I will be able to call with weaker hand.

any position
      1. vs 1 all in 33%
      2. vs 2 all ins 25%
      3. vs 3 all ins 20%

On SB
      1. vs 1 all in 28%
      2. vs 2 all ins 21%
      3. vs 3 all ins 16%

On BB
      1. vs 1 all in 23%
      2. vs 2 all ins 16%
      3. vs 3 all ins 13%
      Tomorrow I want to make some calculation with equilab calculator how certain hand play against vs certain range or ranges depending on how many plrs is in the pot. I will do broadways first.
      In the morning I played tournament and I was out few hand after add on. I found I have big problem with estimating ranges correctly so I have to replay plently hands and try to guess what ranges players have. I think after a while ( not short while ) I will be better and better in that.
      I noticed that players who limps in satellites keep min raising when they catch piece of flop or have a draw. I have to find what is them reaction to shove after they min raising.
      During the day I thought really much about poker I fell like addicted but I say myself that I am dedicating myself to poker:)
      I change one saying: Instead go hard or die I will Go hard or harder I will not give up this time.
      I would like to write much more here but I keep forgeting staff which I think about! I think that age :)
      Enough writing my daughter went sleep after 9:00 and I still want to evaluate few hands from morning session.
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      Morning!
      I've just finished play. Now I have to finish evaluating hand from yesterday session because yesterday I went sleep. I didnt run very well today, but thats poker. I found that I have to add something to my calculation. I did not think about situation when one(or 2) of the players who is all in sitting on blinds. I can calculate odds in head much quicker now anyway, however it is still pain in ass in multiway pots. Practise make You master:)
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      I'v just finished SR. I found I could play better in one or two situations after add on. I watched movie about satellites made by coach from polish community and I have to open push with wider range after add on.
      I found as well that pushing AT and lower Ax from UTGs in rebuy phase is not good idea when I have 1bb or slightly (eg. 8k chips if I am short like 2 on blinds like 5/10k its a open push). I want to have extra 10% equity in rebuy phase and very often I will be play in 3 way pot so I will be pushing only when I have less than 15 % pot equity.
      It is little bit confusing but I try to follow the way how coach from Polish community play that satellites.
      Now it is time to sleep I feel exhausted today and I need to wake up at 4:30 again tomorrow.
      I will play and then I have to go to work at 6. Thanks God I finish at 12:)
      Afternoon we have friend visiting us so I won't do SR tomorrow.
      On Sunday I will update some of my goals and I try to plan a week to make my life easier.
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      Unlucky in the morning but thats poker.
      Poker Stars, $1.50 Buy-in (15,000/30,000 blinds, 3,000 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8 Players

SB: 482,895 (16.1 bb)
      BB: 196,800 (6.6 bb)
      UTG+2: 115,692 (3.9 bb)
      MP1: 238,040 (7.9 bb)
      MP2: 258,054 (8.6 bb)
      MP3: 371,030 (12.4 bb)
      Hero (CO): 104,700 (3.5 bb)
      BTN: 130,600 (4.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T T
      4 folds, Hero raises to 101,700 and is all-in, 2 folds, BB calls 71,700

Flop: (242,400) K 5 J (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: (242,400) K (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (242,400) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: 242,400 pot
      Final Board: K 5 J K A
      BB showed A 6 and won 242,400 (137,700 net)
      Hero showed T T and lost (-104,700 net)

Not many hands marked today so maybe I will do SR, now I have to go to work, no more playing in this week, maybe one satellite on Sunday, no playing on Monday cos there is no satellites cos SM is still running.
      Have a good day and weekend Folks!
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      Finally I found time to make SR. I found I could play better in some spots, especially after add on. I evaluate some hands in sng wizard and I know I have to play much wider if I have opportunity to open push and similar stacks behind me or stacks which will not call me instantly.
      I decided that to the end of this year I will read at least two books. One is "Awaken The Giant Within " by Anthony Robbins the other one is "Poker Mindset". I read "Poker Mindset" recently but I want to do it again and I want to go through all action points because I have not done that when I read it first time.
      So I add that to my plan list.
      From tomorrow I start challenge 100 push ups challenge.
      I will post it later in challenge thread if I find some time.
      I have few more things to add by recently my memory is weak and I keep forgeting a lot of things. I will be read evernote app on my mobile to avoid it.
      I catch myself thinking that I WILL FAIL MY PLANS AND GOALS I didnt feel ok after that but I throw it out of MY HEAD!
      Today morning I was jogging I run 4 km in 24 mins. I felt sad about that years ago I need about halt of that time to do it. I will be running at least 3 times a week from now and I will be cycling to work at least 3 times a week.
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      Hi!
      Today I am not happy because I failed to cycle to work like I planned. The worst is the way I have done it. Since I woke up I was looking for excuse to not to cycle and finally I found one: I left my over trousers at work so I decide to drive.
      Tomorrow I can't cycle to work so Wednesday will be hard cos I am going to running then cycle to work. My legs aching after running on Sunday but...I no its weird ... It's kind of good pain because I know I have done something.
      I didn't play poker in the morning cos there is no tournament till 5:39.
      Tomorrow I will play then I will do the push ups. Btw I have done 21 during the test.
      I started to use that note app in my mobile. It's called One Note and it's make my day easier. I do not need to remember everything. I thought that my memory is bad but now I think that nowadays we have to much on our heads and thats why we don't remember everything.
      My daughter made my evening hard. Sometimes I do not know how to deal with her. She lost temper after school and I couldn't handle it. When she is crying with no reason I do not know what to do? However she is not even crying she is just screaming I want mummy back home!!! I couldn't put her into car seat cos she was kicking like animal. I have appointment with her teacher on Wednesday and I will ask her.
      I decided that i will be reading my blog once a week and once a month to check what I have written and do I still agree with it:)
      I will do few calculation with equilab in a minute and I need to lay down cos somebody have to wake up at 4:30.
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      I still didn't win a ticket. It's start to be frustrating but I don't put that emotions to my game. It's frustrating when I think about that when I don't play. From the other side I play only few games a week so I shouldn't have high expectation. I like to do session review I would not expect that doing some calculation and writing notes can make me not tired or bored.
      Today I cycled to work. I changed some of my plans so tomorrow I can't but thats good cos I am going to running in the morning and running and cycling could kill my legs. Btw they aching like hell. I woke up 4 o'clock to toilet and I hardly could walk but after I started cycling to work pain has gone.
      I did my press ups session in the morning and I have to admit it was hard for me. I had hard they at work long story short and I realized again how I hate my current job or rather people who drive me crazy.
      Time to sleep now.
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      Today I had very quick day. I played to satellites in the morning 2x and 3x. No cash again, one poor call and two or three hands should be folded in rebuy phase. I was running after I finished play. I hoped I will be have better time than on Sunday but it was exactly the same 4 km in 24 mins. So slow, downhill I moving like a tractor. My step is very short cos my legs aching. Tomorrow I cycling to work doesn't matter what is the weather I only drive if I will finish play too late to get to work on time. I am doing press ups tomorrow as well. I think on Friday I won't play in the morning. I will sleep longer and try to play in the evening but still not sure.
      I found that I am still scared to push some hands where I should have pushed. I have to work on it especially that I could win some tickets. I could win few hand when I was about too push and I folded. I know I am result oriented after I saw cards but I evaluate all them hands in wizard> over weekend I try to find best way to evaluate hands.
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      Hi!
      I've just finished play, Still no ticket, lost in 4th hand after add od. Was running bad not even one good hand in tour but that is poker. There will be days when I will run good as well. No I will have to do push ups after that I will cycle to work. It will be hard day cos I slept less than 5 hrs.
      Yesterday I started to learn to write on keyboard without looking on it. It is going to be harder than I thought but it will let me save time in a future.
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      3x Satelitte was canceled today but I played 2x instead but I was out in first hand after add on. I pushed QTo from CO and SB checked me with AQo. If I will find energy to play I will play tonight if note tomorrow morning. Yesterday I failed push ups challenge after few push ups, today I failed again during 4th out of five series. I've done 12 out of 14 and my hands give up. I will be repeating until I complete day 2 then I proceed further. I didn't expect it will be that hard. Maybe it harder because I do run 3 times a week and hands are doing a lot of work when You run as well. Talking about running its time for run so... see yaa!
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      Hey! I didn't play today morning and I didn't do SR last night. I played one satellite instead. I was lazy yesterday. I didn't play in the morning cos I decided rest a little bit. I knew I have something to do after work ( I overslept btw ) so I knew I can't have a nap like I usually have. I try to do that SR today or tomorrow. I won't play probably unless I'll find some time.
      Later.
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      No SR yesterday again. I was in shitty mood. In the evening I decided to play. I start tilting after cooler and give up quickly. I have few more hands to review so I do it before I play again. Tomorrow I have day off so I will be have some time to do it. I feel that because I can't win satellite I've lost my willpower. I will watch Roskolnikov video once again and from Monday I will start to read "Awaken The Giant Within"
      I have to plan my week better and set better goals. I will post my weekly goals later or tomorrow.
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      I had a day off at work and I thouht that I will be have some time to do something but I had to do few other things as well and now I have my free time:)
      Day ran so quick thats crazy I cant even remember what I've been doing.
      Good that I did SR at least so I can play tomorrow morning. I was planing update my goals but don't have energy I need to go sleep if I want to wake up at 4:30. I will take book to work tomorrow so I will start to read it.
      I found funny thing on one website. The most common ways to waste time. There was 10 of them but top 3 was:
      1. Watching TV.
      2. Checking people profiles on FB.
      3. Thinking to much.
      First 2 don't apply to me but I have to stop thinking to much:)
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      Hey!
      I had tough day and I am tired. I've just finished sR, was late to work today cos I lied down after I finished plaing in the morning. I was playing football ast night and I felt very tired, not aching but tired. My daughter exhaust me today. Where she takes energy from?
      Tomorrow need to wake up 4:30 now its time to sleep.
      Later.
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      Today I started reading the book which i mentioned before. I it interesting and motivating. I think it will help me with my mindset. I need a winner mindset. At he minute I am still somewhere between loser and I "wanna be winner". I was planing update my goals and precise my plans but couldn't find time.
      I know I have to be much more consequent. I can't leave thongs for tomorrow and I have to planning all week otherwise I am struggling. Eg. Today I was supposed to run in the morning but because I was late to work on Saturday and yesterday I couldn't run cos I had to do over times. So no more lazy days:) Played in the morning but I was ul cos I was siting on UTG after add on( always try to be BTN to have a chance see few more hands before I have to push ) and I decided to push a7o in first hand all table folded but blinds. SB won I survived and tripled up but was out in 3rd hand losing to 74s. Can't remember my hand.
      I will do my SR tomorrow. My computer today is very slow and hot.I was streaming movie to PS3 and it was to much for him. It stop working when I try to set ranges in sng wizard.
    • tojaczajka
      tojaczajka
      Bronze
      Short SR today, I marked only few hands. After that I was playing with equilab. I decided that I will evaluate every hand in deck vs certain ranges and see how does it change. I will use it as cheat as well when I play. I think I could download it from internet but I believe I will learn something doing that.
      I was doing push ups today and I failed but I will repeat until I do it. I ran in the morning as well. One of my legs hurting. I don't know whats going on. I was planning run tomorrow as well but if it still hurt I will only cycle to work. I think I've done something playing 6 a-side without proper warm up.
      Today I think I made mistake. I decide isolate by push (10bb) fish limping from UTG who done it before and play passively I was giving him all low Ax, all Ks, K5o+ and all broadways. I pushed KJs and hoped to force him to fold but he call with A5o and I was out. Need to think more when I play.