I sometimes wonder why I bother

• andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Bronze
      Yes it's a rant thread. :D

Seriously though I keep getting sucked out on by fishes.

Here's how a typical session goes. I spend a bit of time winning small pots, then get into a hand where I flop 2 pair with a flush draw out there.

I correctly DONT give people the odds to call but they still do anyway, and more often than not their flush will hit on the river and all my profit will go.

Another common occurrence is I will flop a set and again the board is draw heavy with straights and flushes. You know by now what happens by the river. I've tried playing in the correct way by not giving them odds and sometimes I've even gone all in but still they don't know where the fold button is. :rolleyes:

I've studied enough strategy to know I'm doing right. I also understand variance but rarely see the good side of it. I also know we need the fishes calling these bets but against me more often than not they will hit their runner runners.

Somebody please tell me you were in the same boat as me before and that your luck changed because to me it don't seem like it ever will.

Rant over, feel much better now.
  • 5 replies
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      If you make the right decisions over time jobs a good un.

If you are unsure about particular hands post them up, when the "fishes" suck out on you, could you have folded?
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      If you're getting it in good & being sucked out on you shouldn't be worrying about those spots. Look for other parts of your game that need work & focus on that & the results will come.

Unless this is happening over like 150k+ hands i wouldn't be worrying about a few bad beats.
      It's happened to everyone, there's probably a lot of other things you could be improving on in the mean time.
    • baboKeisari
      baboKeisari
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andiofwbafc
      and more often than not their flush will hit on the river and all my profit will go.

I've studied enough strategy to know I'm doing right. I also understand variance but rarely see the good side of it. I also know we need the fishes calling these bets but against me more often than not they will hit their runner runners.
      It might feel this way because all you remember are the suckouts, not the times when river is blank and you win.
      If this is not the case, then it is variance and it will even out and make you some serious profit. Unless you pay them off every time they make their hand.
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Another common occurrence is I will flop a set and again the board is draw heavy with straights and flushes. You know by now what happens by the river. I've tried playing in the correct way by not giving them odds and sometimes I've even gone all in but still they don't know where the fold button is. :rolleyes:
      Yeah I hate it when I go all-in with a set and people call me with just a flush draw. I don't have any room in my apartment for more money.
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Bronze
      Cheers for the comments guys.

Originally posted by MJPerry
      Yeah I hate it when I go all-in with a set and people call me with just a flush draw. I don't have any room in my apartment for more money.
      I wished I had your side of the variance! :D