Pokerstars Cash Out

• SwissaustinP
      SwissaustinP
      Basic
      Hello everybody

I've got a little problem, hopefully somebody can help me out there:

When I started playing on pokerstars I cashed in under my brother's name, because I didnt have an own credit card at that time. That's why it's my brother's name, which is registered as account holder. This was never a problem, as I got me my own credit card in the meantime and was always able to cash in and out via my mastercard account.

Since the last update this is not possible anymore... If I try to do a cash out by direct transfer it asks me for the whole account data, where the's still my brothers name as account holder registred. Tried to change that as I want to transfer the money to my own account, but his name is fixed.

So there's my question: Is it possible to cash out the money to my own bank account, even though it runs under the wrong (my brother's) name?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Greetings AustinP
  • 16 replies
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      There is no doubt that you can only cash out to the bank account under the same holder name as the one on your PokerStars account.
    • SwissaustinP
      SwissaustinP
      Basic
      Ok thanks for your fast answer! So if I get you correctly, the only way left is to cash out on my brother's bank account or to use other transfer methods... Or maybe contact Pokerstars support to chance names?

Greetings
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SwissaustinP
      Ok thanks for your fast answer! So if I get you correctly, the only way left is to cash out on my brother's bank account or to use other transfer methods... Or maybe contact Pokerstars support to chance names?

Greetings
      As playing under someone else's ID is against PokerStars T&C's I wouldn't suggest asking them to amend anything until you have withdrawn. Then I would suggest you just don't log back in and create a new account under your name and take advantage of the $600 First Deposit Bonus... I'd stay away from Stars support with this one...
    • SwissaustinP
      SwissaustinP
      Basic
      Thanks for the tips.

And a last question... there won't be a problem with creating a new account under the same IP adress?
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      All that matters is that you use your REAL name when registering.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey there,

I would just be honest and tell the poker room what happened and ask them to make the necessary changes. They will most probably want an ID check, but that should be fine and you will have a perfectly straight account after that. :f_thumbsup:

Email is support@pokerstars.com

Best,
      Kamen
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Moved this to our PokerStars board :)
    • SwissaustinP
      SwissaustinP
      Basic
      Allright, thanks, Ill do as suggested!
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      :f_thumbsup:

Hopefully it'll all be sorted out soon, keep us posted!
    • SwissaustinP
      SwissaustinP
      Basic
      Ok to keep you informed: Unluckily, things couldn't be sorted out. I tried to explain them my situation and they reacted by freezing my account until I can verify them my identity by filling out a form, which includes lots of personal data. As I'm not willing to give the out all those infos (Copy of my ID-card, 4 first and 6 last digits of my credit card, copy of electric bill etc.) they wont refund my account balance. I asked them to just keep the status before I confrontated them with my issue but now they won't reactivate my account until I verify my identity.

It ended up in lot's of e-mail correspondence and everytime I got a standard answer, which was always targetted at my brother's name, even though I explained them many times who I am and what my problem is. They still think it's my brother who they are dealing with. So probably I would have to prove them my brother's identity.

Due to many forum reportings, asking for filling out this form is a routine practice of pokerstars. But they can get very ridiculous there, like asking for more and more infos: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/pokerstars-frozen-my-account-20-days-already-standard-security-check-1226644

In the end, its my own fault, I didn't recognize, that 4 years ago I registered by my brother's name (without any evil thoughts), because he also was the one that could borrow me his credit card. That was not very smart, I admit. I probably broke their T&C's by doing this.

So I gave up my hope now to get things fixed, as I don't feel like givin them all the infos they want. There would actually be easier ways to verify, that I am the one who mailed them and also holds the pokerstars account Im claiming.

Luckily I always cashed out bigger winnings, so right now I will "only" lose 100 dollars and won't be able to poker in future. that sucks but I guess that's what happens when you get yourself into a online poker gaming, where there's always the other side with the whip hand.

Greetings
      AustinP
    • Dazalef
      Dazalef
      Bronze
      Listen mate,

you may as well say good bye to that money in pokerstars and even the account it's self because you can not open an account in someone else name even if it is your brothers name. It's not allowed.
      You should of just left it as the way was and has been. The biggest mistake in this is being honest. Once you start something you've got to see it through to the end and not reveal that oh that not my real name.
      Anyway I wish you the best of luck at the tables. By the way if you wont to play at pokerstars again you'll have to use an other name. :tongue:
      Join netbet poker via pokerstrategy in you real name and you'll get $10 free money witch I have done and received. I hope to play you at the tables there if you do. Usrename DazaLEFEB.
      till then chow amigo
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dazalef
      The biggest mistake in this is being honest.
      No.

The biggest mistake is that the OP isn't willing to send ID copies to PokerStars. It's standard practice. And here Stars is open to the possibility of helping you out despite you clearly braking their terms and conditions, yet the problem is being honest?

Regards,

Skod
    • SwissaustinP
      SwissaustinP
      Basic
      Yup I am aware of that I should not have been honest there. Actually I forgot, that I registered under my brother's name, I was mistaken there when I thought, that I only usedmy brother's credit card but under my own name.

Now it seems too late as you said :) Yes I may register on another pokerside, not sure which one is reliable and safe tho...

Anyway I should use this occasion to do a break in online poker, as I invested too much time, not winning money after all haha. I have to concentrate now on my bar exams, poker is too much of a distraction there ;)

Anyway thanks for your tips!

Greetings
    • SwissaustinP
      SwissaustinP
      Basic
      Well actually being honest in that situation may be a mistake, as I indeed broke the strict rules, but noone had suffered damage and would have suffered damage in future. So actually noone would have ever cared, if I played with my brother's account or whatever.

Now that I got the ball rolling, pokerstars will have to stick to their own strict security rules, which sometimes dont make too much sense as I see it. But whatever.
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      I think you can be glad when they not bann you for lifetime.
      It should be quite normal to know that you can't open an account under a wrong name just to circumnavigate age, to get free money or whatever...
      And now to say that you made an mistake to be honest... just unbelievable...
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      #shouldoflistened

:coolface: