ireapu - NLHU - It's time

• mach11ne
      mach11ne
      Bronze
      Hello! My name is Adam, playing under screenname ireapu, I'm 20 and live in Poland - Poznań. I named it 'it's time' mostly because I feel like it's time for me to stop doing stupid shit with my game and start to either play seriously or just quit the game. I've been playing poker for almost 2 years but didn't have any breaks and I've been really putting in hours. Use to grind 180's on stars with small roi (around 10% on 0.50$) got to around 300$ and then... decided that it's great idea for me to play higher drunk, busted my roll. Then I started playing 6max sng's 1.5 and later 3.5 got decent roll and did same shit again. After that I was looking for new format, got bored quickly from SH sng, couldn't find it for longer time.Recently played for a month twisters with very decent result but really got bored of it, wheel of fortune etc, not really my thing. Two weeks ago had a talk with my best friend (he plays poker too) and he really loves heads-up. In 6 max I use to hate heads-up mostly because it was my spot where I was bleeding money. I did some research about why so many people like in heads-up and decided to give it a go (mostly cause I knew it was my weak spot). I was really amazed with how much I loved it after learning some heads-up basics (ranges etc). I already feel like I've learned a lot during those 2 weeks and never had a 2 week when I was really feeling that way, I really loved it. Love the idea of playing many hands, in HU you have to think much more, don't just wait for hands and let them play themselves, u don't have to flip so much, much more post flop action etc. I really love the idea of playing 1v1, dueling someone, figuring out their betting patterns, tells, adjusting to them, it's much more challenging and rewarding at the same time. Can't really have a better feeling in poker when you figure out his bluff lines and bust the dude for many buy-in's just because of one tell. Decided to start with nl2 and really I kinda crushed it, and from today I'm playing nl4 on iPoker with some good run today, up 5 buy in's. The reason for me to open this blog is to keep track of my progress, and also to ask for advice, I'm thinking of buying heads-up mastermind from Gordon(Raskolnikov) for almost 500euro because I've seen many great reviews . What do you guys think about him, or the course? Also what's the best way for me to educate in NLHU ? I've watched every video avaible for me at pokerstrategy but sadly I don't have poker account connected with PS so there's only few of them. I did watch some on youtube but there's not that many of it or I just suck at finding the good ones. I feel kinda unsecure about opening this blog because I do realize I'm weak compared to most of guys here with blogs but decided to do so anyway just because there's not much I can lose here. I'm sorry about my english, I know it's far from perfect but I tried to type it best I could. So, my goals for this year:

- get the best educational materials I can and hopefully find a coach (I'll start with heads up mastermind)

- get to nl10 and become a reg there ( I know it's really ambicious atm but well, I decided that I've a chance and will work my ass of untill I get there)

- be less result oriented (that's my huge problem, I can't handle loosing pretty well, I don't tild or throw shit around my room but it's really impacting my life outside of poker)

- put in more hours (I'm playing everyday for at least 2h but I feel like poker is something that I'd love to do for a living one day and I know how stupid it sounds from dude who just started playing nl4 and is completly new to heads-up but that's just who I am, I've big goals but I'm willing to work my ass of to get there so I want to play at least 4h everyday but it will be challenging since I'm on my 1st year of collage and it's not that easy since I'm in very decent university and economy isn't the easiest thing to study other then that I've a girlfriend for 3 years now and she's really starting to hate poker because, well, to put more hours into game I've to put less hours somewhere else and she's the one hurt by it but that's something she will have to live with because my future is really important to me and if I wanna give playing poker seriously a shot I've to sacrafice many things)

- outside of poker I've few goals as well, get a driving licence this year, get back to gym and workout at least 3 days a week, eat more healthy and stop partying so much, drinking once or twice a week isn't really the best I can do with my time and I've to cut it to at least 1-2 a month

I hope you guys won't burn me for that huge post and I'm sorry if I bored you to death. When I'll get some bigger sample I'll post some graphs and more interesting hands/spots. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LrHfxW4XOg - song of the today's grind, feeling kinda badass when it plays hahah;)
  • 6 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Adam,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

Definitely not boring at all. Can be a bit hard to read as a wall of text so you could break future posts into smaller paragraphs for better readability.

I can recommend you check out Raskolnikov's videos which you can find here.

Also check out the blogs section. We have a lot of HU cash guys blogging there as well.

Good Luck

Laz
    • mach11ne
      mach11ne
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot Lazza for advice, will try make my posts more readable ;) .

Yesterday played only 430 hands but had a very decent result :

I'm more happy with my home game from yesterday, we played 25euro heads up cash for 5h, won little over 50euro, all is going to my bankroll so I can move up to nl10 as fast as possible, thinking about BRM, 30bi should be alright ? I want to move up so soon because rake is so sick on nl2-nl4.

I'll post a graph everyfew days, everyone loves graphs right ?:D
    • mach11ne
      mach11ne
      Bronze
      Last 2 days were really good, I hope to attack nl10 within 5 days. Here's graph for last 2 days

Really don't like how iPoker vip status works, for raking them so much of my winnings I could expect some nice looking stars to my nick like on PS :s_cool:

Also if anyone playing NLHU would like to work together, do some session reviews or just hand by hand it would be really cool, hit me up on skype : [Edited by Lazza61]
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Adam,

I've edited your post as posting personal contact information is against our forum principles.

The best way to start a sweat group is through our Learning to Win board. Just ask for people to contact you through the community tool.

Regards

Laz
    • mach11ne
      mach11ne
      Bronze
      Ok, I'm sorry I wasn't aware of that ;)

Today had another winning day, so far doing really decent on nl4, had a nice session with 1 fish, I recognized his bluffing lines pretty quickly and took him for 3BI.

Today's graph:

It felt good to have over 50euro on nl4 table ;d
    • mach11ne
      mach11ne
      Bronze
      Yesterday ended with a small profit of 8 euro. Had a very interesting hand so I'll post it:

iPoker - €0.02/€0.04 (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): 99.13 BB
      BB: 49.25 BB (VPIP: 69.57, PFR: 39.13, 3Bet Preflop: 18.18, Hands: 24)

Hero posts SB 0.25 BB, BB posts BB 0.5 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 0.75 BB) Hero has Q:heart: Q:spade:

Hero raises to 1.25 BB, BB raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 5 BB, BB calls 3 BB

Flop: (10 BB, 2 players) 9:heart: 5:heart: K:heart:
      BB bets 9.5 BB, Hero ??

I do think that folding is out of the picture but what's our plan for next streets ? Dude is agressive fish ;d