VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by kaapo1
      Hello,

I would like to inform all pokerstrategy players of this:
      Hi, kaapo1,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

It appears that the other posters are sceptical.

IMO colluding is more likely human activity.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Interesting thread. Especially when he shows the winnings with flushdraw from assumed high volume human players. In short, humans run way under EV with flush draws and assumed bots run way over EV with flushdraws.

Collusion is a big problem in PLO. Let's say there are 3 players in the same table and they all know each others hole cards. One of them has a flush draw and two others don't have any of that suit. Normally it's 20% ott to hit, but now (as one knows the 8 hole cards) it is 25%.

That is one way of getting edge. The bigger thing is that among those 8 known cards are propably blockers to the nuts/other hands.
    • NothingIsForSho
      NothingIsForSho
      Bronze
      Very interesting. Looks like they haven't worked out all the details yet. Let's see if they come up with any conclusions in a couple of hours.
    • kaapo1
      kaapo1
      Basic
      Hey,

I am the OP in those threads.

I heard PokerStrategy works with iPoker to help them to out cheating.
      If this is the case and some of you mods have connections please contact them.

I really don't understand can hole card sharing make that big of a dent to your opponents flush all in flop performance.

Also on the 2+2 thread someone suggested the possilble cheating ring can't gain that big edge on flush draw all in pots by just sharing their holecards.

Does someone have any views on these points?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by kaapo1
      Hey,

I am the OP in those threads.

I heard PokerStrategy works with iPoker to help them to out cheating.
      If this is the case and some of you mods have connections please contact them.

I really don't understand can hole card sharing make that big of a dent to your opponents flush all in flop performance.

Also on the 2+2 thread someone suggested the possilble cheating ring can't gain that big edge on flush draw all in pots by just sharing their holecards.

Does someone have any views on these points?
      Hi, kaapo1,
      I do not have any more connection to iPoker than anyone else.

I actually think that it would be best for the people who suspect bots/collusion/cheating to contact iPoker themselves, through the skin on which they play.

It will be necessary to submit any evidence you may have.
      This would include such things as hand histories and entire databases as well as the analyses done on the databases.

Without that, the accusations don't have any weight.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      It will be necessary to submit any evidence you may have.
      This would include such things as hand histories and entire databases as well as the analyses done on the databases.

Without that, the accusations don't have any weight.

Best of luck,
      --VS
      I think he can submit suspected screen names and (if necessary at all) histories of hands played only by himself. I'm not even sure that the HHs are needed - the network has all of them (and much more HHs he didn't see) in archives.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, tonypmm,
      My point was merely that the report must come from an affected player.
      Random people writing in to complain won't help -- and may even hurt the investigation by giving iPoker staff a lot of useless material to work through.

Hand Histories give the player something to refer to, and prevent misspellings, so the investigators have the exact names for looking up.

I do hope that someone DOES make such a complaint. If there are bots, or collusion -- or both -- it scares people away, and iPoker needs traffic.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Bots on I poker!?
      I thought their t&c do not permit human players. In fact they caught a human on their tables some months back and as punishment he was demoted to a mod on pokerstrategy.

Completely unrelated mal when is your next blog update :P