Cash 'n' Carry

• paniini
      paniini
      Bronze
      Hi

I am from Finland and I have played poker many years with no greater success. I have won some small ball internet tournaments few k here and there but nothing that would serve me my living. This is the time when I will succeed on making my living out of poker. I have new strategies, new motivation and I am more confident than before. Idea came up when I was sitting home scrolling through net and wondering that why the hell do I go to shitty school that will allow me to make 2-4k a month and bind me to some location.

This resulted an idea that I want to be my own employee and allow me to work for my self and affect on my earnings. Poker is perfect way to get freedom but it comes with responsibility that its up to you and only you are you going to make it.

I am currently still in school having test week on next 7 days basically which is not allowing me to play too much. After that comes one week holiday which is planned to be kick of for this project.

I will be in school in future as well until I can play safely 2k income per month. After that will come break from school and time for pure poker for 3 months to make my living out of this and not to return school.

Will start on NL2 after I have 8k+ hands with positive EV progression I will move to next level

First goal
      Learn new strategy so that I can play 4-6 tables without thinking basics too much before next weekend.
  • 19 replies
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze

It has been quite a start. Ups and downs, First of all very nice start run and after 1,7k hands I started playing D game without noticing it and made really bad play for about 3,5k hands. Yesterday I realized I did multiple mistakes continously eaven I thought I played correctly. Result of this is that I got my game fixed today and made only few mistakes in the end of session I played 1,3k hands.

Pretty much back at beginning after 6,5k hands. My EV line is at + 250bb and result is -250bb at the moment. I lost about 60bb today but game was a lot better than yesterday. I should have stopped like 200 deals earlier because I noticed that I was not concentrating 100%.

I have played at pokerstars so far but looking to switch network so that table changing is not so big thing and i can concentrate more in game and default plays. Its been good kick of on learning the strategy, hardest thing at the moment is hold it together for long session and change old bad habits of too loose calling on river.

Hands: 6,5k
      Profit: -7,01$

What site you guys use for hosting graph images?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey paniini,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

Personally I use postimage.org, but other popular choices include Imgur, TinyPic and ImageShack.

GL on your journey

Laz
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze

I got my network changed to Ipoker, first night I got random crash from software and got it running back again quickly but just left me wondering that is there a lot crashes involved on playing Ipoker?

Result wise I am not doing well, Volume that I have put in is ok and if I can maintain this the volume should not be problem. I did many stupid calls yesterday and therefore ended having again negative day money wise. It kinda got me after 2-3 hours of grinding, I shut the programs down ate a bit then went back to tables and played a lot better made only 1-2 wrong plays after that.

Also I played some 400 hands on nl4 yesterday which ended down 1BI. Went AI nut FD+overcards v set. I feel so bored playing NL2 I would like to go higher that is why i opened few NL4 tables yesterday. Thinking it day after it was bad idea and If i cannot stay in my pants on NL2 then I will not in NL50.

Learning the strategy has gone well but implementing still has some problems. I am not Cbetting enough and not 3betting enough. These are also areas that will need more investigation.

Graph is all hands from NL2 and NL4 (400 hands)

Goal:
      Consentrate on basic plays, on each river think is it hero call or not!!

Hands: 9,1k
      Profit: -15,67$
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by paniini

but just left me wondering that is there a lot crashes involved on playing Ipoker?
      Yes. Happens a lot.
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze

Finally breaking the ice, feels good when played extremely nice session about 1,1k hands yesterday. I only had one or two hands that I was not sure about. Day 6 was good gaming for myself I played quite OKish game but ended up doing few too many calls.

Best daily score for this project was archived yesterday and it was 11,99$ profit Ev was not that high it was 10,7$. I am really satisfied from this day and got a lot of new energy to play now. It probably is also slight upswing because I was hitting flops really well.

There is still long way to go before levelup since I required 8k hands that goes in positive direction on NL 2 before moving to NL 4. I am now on good start last 2,5k hands are on positive direction so in best case I have only 5,5k hands to go.

I have improved during last few days a lot avoiding hero calls. Also my preflop play is better I know my starting hands like 90% but 3bet ranges are still bit mystery that I have about 40% of range learned and implemented. Post flop play has improved also before I was only using 3/4 cbet size and now my sizing is from ½ to 3/4 pot this worked very well yesterday.

Here is graph of whole process

This is the graph of my best profit day so far.

Goals:
      Learning preflop 3b range and confirming opening ranges to get solid base game.
      Do not do any hero calls.

Hands: 12,5k
      Profit: -3,68$ (+11,99$)
      Max daily profit: 11,99$
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze

Time for update,

Fancy playing in NL2 and the journey for me its over. It was fun and I learned a lot of my game and there is still many improvements to be done. I have reached the point that I set in the first place that was 8k hands with positive trend. Now if looking last 8k hands the trend is positive, even there are few times that I lost it and played bad.. like today I played too many tables at same time and did not focus on every hand. Today I smashed 8,2 hours of game in and got 3,5k hands. day was not that great game wise but I learned again that do not cross your limit on table amount 5-6 is optimal for me at this point.

My three betting is getting bit higher and I recognize the 3b spots way better. Most shittiest thing that I did today is that I found my self doing few hero calls today I still hate my self for doing those. Anyway to the results.

Last two days of progress.

Here is the whole picture

Total:
      17 192 hands, about 500 untracked no idea why.
      NL2 beaten with 5,52bb/100

I also noticed that I play in € any easy way to change HEM2 to use euros?

Looking forward for tomorrow I will hit NL4 and I guess will be there for a while. Since I have no extra bankroll boost I have to earn my way to NL10. It will be nice challenge I think I should beat NL4 if I just beat my self from doing too many mistakes. I am my biggest enemy at the moment.

onward updates will be the amount that my account has money on it so it will include some FDB on some point. It is easier to track since my hem is showing all in us when I play euros.

Balance:
      173,46€ (+7,77)
      Amount does not match to graph because I changed site 8k hands after the start. Now on I will play on the same network most likely until NL50.

I am looking some skype connections, to share hands and learn if you play around nl4-nl20 we could change skypes.
    • Kalimisst
      Kalimisst
      Bronze
      Nice to see other finns blogging. Im looking for skype contacts too. Sent you a friend request so we can talk about details :)
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze

Ok so NL4.. Where to begin. The shot did not really succeed or fail, I ended up being slightly down after 2k hands. I started with 2 tables ended up with 4 after half an hour. After 500+ hands I switched to 5-6 table and its been ok no decisions made in hurry.

I found my self doing one hero call yesterday on NL2 played both limits when there was no good tables on NL4. I managed to win that hero call but ev went 1 bin down for that which I don't like at all.

Also got 1st part of my FDB today it was 6€ that almost cover my losses in NL4 so I can continue playing new limit. I Feel like I missed a lot of draws and enemies seem to run me over with few out from time to time. Table keeps filling 4straight or 4flush so have to fold when enemy bets before me. I got almost 10h of play time in NL4 its good result and will look for playing soon again.

I was kinda between two earlier that should I go for gold status in this month, since I got extra points from making deposit, Still 150 points short and not able to make it in 4 days because I have to do some school stuff for now. Gold status will be the one I run next month for.

Balance:
      172,68€ (-0,78)
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze
      12, 13, 14, 15 / Monthly

Time to wrap up the month,
      [x] Play 4-6 tables
      [x] Consentrate on basic plays
      [ ] Hero call or not!!
      [x] Learning preflop 3b range
      [x] Confirming opening ranges

In the end I managed to handle almost all small goals which I am happy about. Also the volume in my opinion is decent I got 17,7k hands on Ipoker that is now only that i count since I do not play stars at the moment. It is good volume done besides school and between 16-31th of this month. Hero calls are tough one for me I found my self doing again 2 in the 13th playing day and it resulted probably losing between 1-2 bi for those.

Also got gold for pokerstrategy! got few good gaming days and I tought that I could do easily gold if I play 4 x 2 hours on rest days so it was just about organizing my timetable a bit. Good material available now.

Having some problem with HM2 since its not importing my whole database anymore missing 2-4k hands no reason why. When I recreate the database and re import it will state 5 errors I have no clue how to fix that.

For HM2 reasons graph is not 100% complete but it gives idea of the whole month:

When looking this graph it makes me wondering what did change at around 8k hands. I do not see any suspicious in vpip/pfr/3bet/fcb/fcbsuccess/WTSD/W$sd%/Agg These I filtered for non SD hands only. If there is some stats that I could take into account please note me. Only thing is that cbet success on flop is on few sessions slightly smaller 10-15%. Cannot find any particular reason for the nonSD curve changing direction so drastically.

For next month goals:
      [ ] Get atleast 350 strategy points. (200 for playing 20days and 150 on rake.)
      [ ] Continue work on hero calls
      [ ] Get NL4 result to +side on monthly report
      [ ] Working my attitude and strategy on playing overpairs

Balance:
      174,17€ (+1,49)

Ps. Still looking for more skype contacts if you playing actively anything between nl4-nl25 would be happy to chat!
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze

Quite short update to come. I have been playing on NL4 quite solid grind to start the month, 4,4k hands down so far. Results are looking good for this month I also got second part of my FDB which was 6€ and my roll is on new hundred now!! I have been grinding in my opinion a lot since I have had 4-6h school every day that I have played.

Today had kinda break even day -0.25BIN and did sweat session which ended up being 1h 50min. I was really struggling first because I have never done sweat before. I literally froze in the chair for some time to time, but eventually got over it and even had some good opinions on my hands those started to happen after 1h. Will definitely do it again, got few possible alternative lines on some spots one or two actually that I played badly.

Balance:
      204,22€ (+28,95)
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze

Time to put some black to white about the 1/3 of the month. Faced many emotions during these playing days latest of those is happiness since I managed to pull out nice session today and it ended in right direction results wise. I felt I played really solid today and did not make any dump as calls ofcourse basic AA in 3b pot v set and some PP v bigger PP but thats about it.

Day 19 was really sweet my roll went up to 220 on peak point but after that the downhill started and I lost many many bins some due to my lack of control of my emotions and some to badbeats and lost flips.

20,21 were pretty much same as day 19 and feeling shit and did not put much volume in.

Now back on track and feeling fine its nice to get over half of the hole made in 3 days covered in one day. Might even through in some small session later today.

Montly goals of mine are really the ones that I need to work now. Woke up today to reality that I played shit also most of the time that I lost money during days 19-21. Non sd I played well or even really well but SD I went too light and made stupid mistakes on calling some mega shoves on those days.

I am going to apply for some coaching in coming year and that is why I switched to speed poker to make my road towards this goal. I will be playing speed instead of normal tables atleast half of the time. Feeling like having edge on NL5 speed so I just need more hands now no more BS.

Balance:
      210,73€(+6,51)
      extremely pleased that I can still put green color here :]
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze

Swingy update been playing speed poker for now. I kinda feel like it suits me quite well. Get good volume with 4 tables and it does not feel like too rush. Played only 6k hands during these days, I was planning to play on saturday something like 3k hands but hit my stoploss after 700 so i stopped there. And today had makeup session for yesterday and it ended up 1€ yesterday was -24€ so some hole to fill still. Hit twice KK v AA today and 2BI went there.. Good that my non SD line fixed the issue and ended to plus side.

I feel more motivated that before and I think it will be good for my goals. Starting from tomorrow that I shall play 14h a week/2h day. That should not be too hard task and it will keep me more on the business. Car broke down as well so it will create some extra scheduling for coming weeks since we have to find new one. But if determined enough I think I can do it all.

Created 2 new habits lately on last weeks and thinking about starting new one in next month. I am doing backmuscles every morning since I have some back problems it helps to keep pain away and hopefully take it all of some time. Other habit is that I do wam up before every session that I play and it is really helpful and we will see how it performs in long run.

Also started to read new book something more about it in next post maybe!

After swingy days still able to hit on positive again love it!
      219,04€(8,31)
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze

Lets wrap up the week,
      I developed a lot during this period, there was some nice ups and downs which challenged me to work on correct things, and despite those still keep playing. My goal to play 2h every day/14h week was filled and little overcome, All in all got 20,5h of playing this week.

Next week looks really interesting since I am not able to play during monday-wednesday have to catch up some school stuff. 3 day break from poker like little break but would rather keep playing because I got my postflop game dialed in yesterday/today, there is still a lot work to do with that but princible its ok and no more spewing when consentrating well.

Week ended not so well money wise. I learned a lot and worked my preflop and postflop in general and I think it was worth losing the money. Mostly losing it when working pre flop game and was playing to spewwy.

NL10 goal for end of the month does not seem that close to be completed but my game evolved so much that I am pretty confident that I would beat nl10 as well when I get there. Now its just recapping things and getting as much volume as needed to earn the money to the nl10.

Next week goal is just to get 14h total in basically its distriputed so that ill play 12+ hours weekend and thursday or friday 2h

191,88€ (27,16)
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze
      Monthly report November

Losing day count, feeling good and bad variously depending on day. Game evolvement feels like grinding still. Ohh yea I had some goals during month did they fill I have no idea lets see.

For next month goals: (November)
      [x] Get atleast 350 strategy points. (200 for playing 20days and 150 on rake.)
      [x] Continue work on hero calls
      [x] Get NL4 result to +side on monthly report
      [x] Working my attitude and strategy on playing overpairs

I can proudly state that these things have been done, haven't looked at them in past 2 weeks. Been studying to improve my game on other areas lately mostly postflop play.

Since I have limited time available on every week I am doing post every week. I have stayed in the new schedule that I decided to play 14h week no matter what. + Other stuff offcourse. Last week I played 5h over and I am using it to this week because I am going to abroad for coming weekend and not able to play. There fore I still need 5h more to get my weekly goal satisfied, should be filled on thursday ill play 4-5h and if not enough ill cover rest on friday.

Graph is not so pretty looking, WR of 1,12bb/100 on 32k hands is nothing to brag about on nl4-5.
      After RB my roll has increased a fair bit and nl10 is closer but not reachable yet. So today I can state being rake whore on nl5 :f_drink:

Honestly to say that I have not proceeded the way I was hoping for.

Goals of December:
      [ ] Triple up the WR without RB (just a wish)
      [ ] Prepare BR for nl10 shot in early January
      [ ] Play 14h a week, If lacking some weeks catch up in the end of the month!
      [ ] Create new successful habit (Keep session diary, read it prior to play)

I think every goal is possible to get done, I will spend a lot time with my family around Christmas so it might take down some playing hours if so will take it back in early January when I have plenty of time. I could play around family put its too big distraction so I rather avoid it, and just concentrate to study some poker every day to keep it fresh in my mind.

I think the realistic goal of 100k hands in 3 weeks is beyond my limit at least now, I need to work on solid game and fairly ABC lines and get them so deep in my head that it will allow me to play more tables. If I play 4-6 tables I will get only 2,5k hands in 8h gaming day which is not nearly enough to think about throwing in 100k hands challenge. When this seems relevant I think I will do this challenge when it is I don't know.

Will be back next week with update.

Balance: Not including RB
      202,09€ (10,21)
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze
      [x]London

So got back on monday-tuesday night and now catching back up with school and poker. Postgres problems right away when trying to start HM2. School will serve me with 3 tests in coming 7 days. Poker for this week still need to get 14h in. Also couple reports to finish for school. So i will be busy we will see soon how this week turns out if I Lack of poker I will mark it up and grind it on coming weeks.

London was nice since I have never been there before so it was new place and a lot of people compared to anywhere in Finland. Park area in the center is awesome cannot find anything close to that in Finland.

No update about money since I cannot open HM2 now and I will just post 2 week update in the next week. luckily i have my database backup rougly 2 weeks back but it will not include my latest progress. Now back to doing stuff like timetable for coming week, and then just follow it.

Lets hope I will hit NL in early january would feel nice to raise bar after many hands on nl4-5. Bankroll wise not there yet but I have enough information to beat nl5 but i lack of putting it in the use in tables. Again many days of break so Will play reduced amount of tables and concentrate on quality over quantity on coming weekend when I will do most of my play.
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze
      Week 1

Let the new time counting begin. To hard to keep track on days since I have not really counted them or anything. So plenty has happened again. I have been going down quite roughly and recovering again. Yesterday i was really happy about my game and got good upswing managed to pull 5bi up. My roll also includes one 10€ FDB amount released during the plays. Rb is still to be cashed out.

Start of December was rough down hill and from that i have been slowly recovering. Today i could have performed quite much better in non SD line but all showdown pots were really hard today. I got AI 10+ times today and ended up splitting the pot, Also quite many big pots where i had FD did not fill and a lot lost money from those. So it is up to some extent to variance but general play was good. Weakest spot was that I lack of consentration in middle of the session and did not cbet enough. That should be fixed by keeping some more breaks during the play.

Got test in school tomorrow so no longer post this time.

Balance:
      181,98 (-20,11)
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze
      Weeks 2-3

Holiday with family thought I will play but had really bad internet connection and decided not to play. Just enjoyed my time off the office.

Week 4

Started just today and finished with 5k hands really happy with the volume. Also got some nice upswing, I shot nl10 earlier and it did not go that well lost 4bi and had to go back to nl4. Now time to think when I shall shoot again.
      Since I have not archieved what I wanted during last quarter of year in poker world I decided to get more organized and bought a calender! Just need to learn how to use it :f_thumbsup:

Will be having more school this semester than last one and thats why I must organize my time to get all done.

Few goals for coming year.

Find my way to nl50
      Become winning player(excluding rake)
      Learn new habit every month

Counted that I am missing of 28h of play. Today got dialed in 10h. So For coming weeks I have to play some extra to gain all my lost grind time back. Will be easier since school is not going that hard for few weeks so I should be able to catch up.
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze
      Catching up January, My play has been good lately. I have abandoned nl4 and now grinding on nl10 for 20k hands now I am just breaking even but its fine since RB (especially when its big) is so beautiful thing. So my roll is looking now allmost nl20 ready and propably in beginning of next month i will add few nl20 tables to get to used to them. While nl10 is going to be my main grind zone.

I have recognized many leaks in my game and trying to patch it all together slowly one by one. Good way i have found for my self is sticking on certain topic and swapping it once in a while and then get back to same thing and see how much I really remember about it.

NL4 [beat] Actually my beat sample is only 12k hands and Wrate is 25bb/100
      NL10 [on progress] Quite much BE allmost covered fully with RB. Game has also evolved first i took nose dive and now planking it out and soon will start to climb a mountain!
      NL20 [i'm coming!]

If you have some study group or some active player on stakes nl10 to nl50 I would be interested to share skypes.
    • paniini
      paniini
      Bronze
      Time to update Mid Feb

So I shot nl20 as planned 1st of February and can say that the shot was spot on! my roll is now quite fine to play nl20 with full volume about 8k hands so far. Run looks good and tastes as well! NL10 I ended up with break even but got so nice RB that I could get to higher stake. If i can maintain at least half of the WR I have at the moment on nl20 I might be able to shoot nl50 in the end of next month.

My volume has been so far about 30k hands a month because of school and it might drop even to 20k when I start my job in mid of march. Not quite sure yet.

Finally it starts to get nice on nl20 because actually the money you can make you can allready think that you can buy something. My plan is to withdraw 50€ and spend it to my self if I end this month more than 200€ plus. Also made bet with friend that need to play 50h during next 10 days. It is not impossible but i am having three of those days that I am not able to play so have to keep my things together to get the hours in during 7 days.

I have worked fairly hard on my game and it seems to start pay off slowly. I have still a lot of areas for improvements but basic ideas start to be in my head which helps a lot of my play. Currently playing 4-8 nl20 tables.

And yea lets throw January wrap up graph here. This is before RB.

If you know someone between nl10 and nl100 (or yourself) that is dedicated to study, learn and share please just send friend request so we can benefit from each other. Trying to create my own network to always have someone online that I can ask opinions and get some fresh ideas.