A blog that isn't really a blog

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey ho!

I'm back like a bad smell. Speaking of which I had better have a shower!

Well mofo's, this is probably my 100th blog now but this time around it's not really a blog per se. I am currently fucking about with 180 man MTSNGs at PokerStars and have started to add some scheduled MTTs at the weekends.

Life has been hectic of late so I haven't really had much poker time. To be honest, thats the story of my life and I've come to terms with the fact that I am always going to be a recreational player.

For those who don't know me, I used to moderate here, then I was a head-admin and now I'm in between Silver and Gold! I have tried every type of poker but I am settled now on MTT and MTSNG since I binked a 2nd place in a MicroMillions in March.

I had a nice heater for a few months and bagged about $15k in results but then I didn't do well in the latter few months and took a wee break and started working on my end game more with 180s. I've had a decent run in those and built up my roll a little so I can have another attempt at them MTTs.

So, here we are and that's pretty much that.

Don't expect a lot of updates because I'm very lazy now that I don't work here :D

The next few weeks should be good though, iPOPS VII is next week and I am playing a few of the Micro events. Then I expect MicroMillions to be happening in November along side the .fr version also.

You will find me a lot in the staking forum for the next while!

Have a nice day!
  • 29 replies
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      I'm a follower that's not really a follower :f_biggrin:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Well played, well played!

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hellooo Gary :f_biggrin:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      update on original question please...this site has gone downhill now Gary has left :f_biggrin:
      posted question on party poker thread..........it's just not the same without you :f_biggrin:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Roo!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure the mod squad will be with you very soon :)

Good to see you around again!
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by UPAY4DINNER
      Hey Roo!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure the mod squad will be with you very soon :)

Good to see you around again!
      Now your not a supermod do you fancy shooting over to the German forums with me and causing havoc :f_biggrin:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Funnily enough - I was over there (German Community) after the Ireland-Germany game the other night :D :D :D

I think I am like one strike away from being banned from here so I better not go causing any trouble!
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Funnily enough - I was over there (German Community) after the Ireland-Germany game the other night :D :D :D

I think I am like one strike away from being banned from here so I better not go causing any trouble!
      lol Don't worry i will get you reinstated.....I have some experience :f_biggrin:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I love it when dreams bring back memories of songs that I've long forgotten about :

The weekend was a forgetful one poker wise. I didn't get anything going at all throughout the whole day. Pretty frustrating but I guess you'll have those!

Railed thazar from last 100 to his FT in the Sunday Warm Up where he pocketed a huge cash! Nice to see someone do well and someone very deserving of the big score for all the work he done for this community!

Tonight, I start my 3 pronged attack on the iPOPS Micro Series with an unusual rebuy tournament for me.

MicroMillions 9 will be announced tomorrow. Assuming they don't do many changes expect a big pack on sale in the staking forum at some stage. I'm also hoping the calendar falls kindly and that I can get the week off during it so I play 1/4 of the events :)

Red Spade Open this weekend, I don't believe I've ever played one of these but I expect the field to be stocked with schools of fish. This weekend is probably the best in the year for me as all MTTs are an hour earlier than usual because of daylight savings.

Big few weeks coming up hopefully!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      HUGE few weeks coming up hopefully!
      FYP :s_cool:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      Since Roo's so enthusiastic, I think we should restart The Zimmers. However, MisClick is stuck in a cleft between two steep rocks somewhere in the U.S.A. and will probably not be able to hack her own arm off in time to manage the club. Since she's the only one who can do this, we'll have to play somewhere else. Fortunately, I created the imaginatively named 'JB's Club' so that I could get my arse handed to me on a plate in last year's PS HU tournament. Let's play there.

Club ID number: 895115
      Invitation Code: jbpatzer123

I reckon it's too ageist just to restrict it to old farts. Anyone can join but I reserve the right to throw you out if

(1) I don't like the cut of your jib,
      (2) You check-raise me too often when I cbet 98% of my range,
      (3) You're no fun.

Joining the club does not guarantee you entry to the Skype channel, because not everyone can cope with Roo asking what the rules of 2-7 single draw are for the 17th time.

We usually start three or four nanostakes MTTs in various games at about 8pm and play until Vorpal sucks out in the final HU pot.

Anybody up for 8pm this Thursday?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      It's been a hectic few days afk. Been covering people as well as doing my own work at work so I was pretty shattered when I finished yesterday. Had an early night and with the extra hour in bed I managed to get a really decent nights sleep in which was badly needed.

Today, I have a decent schedule planned with the iPOPS Main (2 entries) and the Red Spade Open additions to the normal routine. Hoping to have a few nice runs today, it's been a while since I had a deep run!

Could today be that day?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      It's been a hectic few days afk. Been covering people as well as doing my own work at work so I was pretty shattered when I finished yesterday. Had an early night and with the extra hour in bed I managed to get a really decent nights sleep in which was badly needed.

Today, I have a decent schedule planned with the iPOPS Main (2 entries) and the Red Spade Open additions to the normal routine. Hoping to have a few nice runs today, it's been a while since I had a deep run!

Could today be that day?
      YES!!! :s_thumbsup:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yesterday wasn't the worst.

I had deep runs in both the Bigger $22 and in the Sunday Storm finishing in 490th and 352nd respectively. Also cashed the Hotter $11 as well but it was just a min cash. Albeit a hard fought min cash!

Had a lot of beats/coolers early on but I more than made up for that in the Storm. Although, I did lose a huge flip there QQ vs AK for a top 50 stack with 500 left. It wasn't to be, but confidence is on the up!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Yesterday wasn't the worst.

I had deep runs in both the Bigger $22 and in the Sunday Storm finishing in 490th and 352nd respectively. Also cashed the Hotter $11 as well but it was just a min cash. Albeit a hard fought min cash!

Had a lot of beats/coolers early on but I more than made up for that in the Storm. Although, I did lose a huge flip there QQ vs AK for a top 50 stack with 500 left. It wasn't to be, but confidence is on the up!
      MM's just around the corner and I can smell another FT coming. :f_biggrin:

Btw, Y U BLOG IN A BLOG THAT'S NOT A BLOG. ?(

:coolface:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Btw, Y U BLOG IN A BLOG THAT'S NOT A BLOG. ?(
      Because it's in the blogging section!

• roopopper
      roopopper