Stack
      BB:
      $61,95
      MP1:
      $26,25
      Hero:
      $5,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , 5:spade: . Hero posts a blind of $0,25.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero checks, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,85) Q:club: , 2:diamond: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,85) 5:club: (3 players)
      BB bets $0,25, MP1 calls $0,25, Hero calls $0,25.

River: ($1,60) 4:diamond: (3 players)
      BB bets $1,50, MP1 folds, Hero calls $1,50.

Final Pot: $4,60

On the turn I hit my top two pair, but since it's paired board I believe I could be behind and therefore I decided to just call and called river as well in order to keep pot small. I thought I had some showdown value with my hand though....

I know that's more like BSS spirit, but it seemed like the best idea at the time.
  • 9 replies
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      Don't post blinds when you join the table. Always wait for the BB.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I don't see a problem in posting on the CO.

In my opinion:

preflop ok, flop i think I would bet it since they both checked and puke if someone check/raises

Turn: raise the minbet , there's a flush draw, and not much that beats you, only a 2 , 55, QQ+

River: no point in raising, imo, BB could have any two cards (on of them a 2) so just call
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      now he got lucky, but more often than not it's a lost blind. not really profitable for SSS.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      It's not about getting lucky or not, you could post from utg and get aces. I think I saw undercover82 posting on the CO, and I think a judge also said that is not a problem
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      maybe it's more advanced stuff.. i still stick to the strategy articles.

awaiting a judging for this hand :) made me curios ...@judge=> if the CO post is ok'd... could you also explain why?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey all,

first of all, thank you for your replies. :)

I do agree that I should have bet the turn against a minraise, because I hit a pretty decent hand, however I should still fold against reraise in that case. A 2 is quite possible, since BB has a random hand and I cannot put him on a range. This way I would probably save the money I had to call on the river. :rolleyes:

Now about CO posting, there's really simple math behind it...

I play at 9-handed tables, which means, every cycle I have to pay 1,5BB(BB and SB) to get dealt 9 hands. However, if I post blind from CO I get 6 hands for this posted BB before I get to the blind position again. So, if you watch close you'll see that I pay the same ratio if I post from CO or if I wait and post from BB. I personally prefer to post from CO, because if there's no action at the table you have the position on the blinds postflop and you can try to steal the pot.

Another thing, if you play 10 and not 9-handed table, then it's even profitable to post from CO, because then your ratio between posted blinds and dealt hands is better, because you pay 1 BB to see 7 hands instead of paying 1,5 BB to see 10 hands. Difference in ratios in this case would be 1:7(for posting from CO) against 1:6,66(for waiting for BB).

English is not my native language, so maybe my explanation will be a bit hard to understand, but I hope you can do it. :)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      remeber that nl 25 , sb < 1/2 BB , I did the math and it's a little unprofitable on this limit, on every other limit it's the same as waiting, and on 10 seats is profitable. Personaly, i wait because i want stats to show up before playing
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      remeber that nl 25 , sb < 1/2 BB , I did the math and it's a little unprofitable on this limit, on every other limit it's the same as waiting, and on 10 seats is profitable. Personaly, i wait because i want stats to show up before playing
      You're right about NL25(I was explaining in general:) ), but I still like posting from CO, because of the reason I mentioned earlier.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      posting in CO is fine, the explanation was already delivered

RAISE TURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get the money into the pot