New Roobot blog

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello Everyone,
      Decided to start a new blog as I have taken to playing poker again. I am a recreational player who finds playing poker relaxing and it helps take my mind off real life stuff when I get home from work.
      I don't like grinding loads of tables as it just means I lose my money faster :f_biggrin:

I am currently playing the casual tables at party (yes one table limit tables!) Which I enjoy as it gives me time to troll forums and mess around on facebook at the same time. :D

I stopped playing poker about a year ago as I started a small carpentry/construction company just before this and it has taken up a lot of my time in the evenings, it has been hard work but I have found it very rewarding and I like being self-employed.

As I have not played for ages I think it will take time to get back into the swing of losing my bankroll. :f_biggrin: Here is my current graph.

• 49 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Roo.

Welcome back to the blogs :)

It is taking a while to get back in the habit of losing. That graph has way too much green in it. :f_biggrin:

Just make sure you have the same attitude as this Roo

Have fun

Laz
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Thanks , Love the pic :f_biggrin:

Managed 1000 hands at nl10 playing one game at a time ( did not realise how long this would take lol ) On a good note the casual tables at party are very soft at nl10 which is giving me a chance to get back into the game :)

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Can't seem to get off the ground with nl25 played a few bad hands early on but have settled in and feel I can beat it or at least have fun trying to :f_biggrin:

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hey Roo!

Good luck man... Following this!

Come play at Stars we need more fish!!! :)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum

Come play at Stars we need more fish!!! :)
      I'm not quite ready to swim with the sharks yet :s_biggrin:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      10/10 will read :s_cool: :f_biggrin:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      My favorite robot is back! Awaiting eagerly for some epic Friday night trolling.

try not to get banned ;)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      My favorite robot is back! Awaiting eagerly for some epic Friday night trolling.

try not to get banned ;)
      Hey Fab! Congrats my favourite French person :-)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      10/10 will read :s_cool: :f_biggrin:
      Hey Gerv, when we go party again ? :-)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey roo, as much as I admire those awesome artistic skillzzz, if you look at the right hand side of PT4 you can configure the graph to not show the player name at the top or in the info box. Of course if you're doing an art history B.A. and need the practice, fair enough... :f_love:

Have fun,

Mal.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze

We should definitely get an expanded version of the Zimmers going again. I'll post something in my blog tonight. Welcome back.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hey roo, as much as I admire those awesome artistic skillzzz, if you look at the right hand side of PT4 you can configure the graph to not show the player name at the top or in the info box. Of course if you're doing an art history B.A. and need the practice, fair enough... :f_love:

Have fun,

Mal.
      Thanks for the tip Mal......I managed to get rid of the name and the box. The only problem I had with this is that "how would anyone know it was really my graph?" Took me ages to figure it out but as always I managed to solve the problem :) Thanks for the tip :f_thumbsup:

See below........... I think you will agree it look much better now :f_cool:

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer

We should definitely get an expanded version of the Zimmers going again. I'll post something in my blog tonight. Welcome back.
      When you say expanded do you mean expand the age range? :f_eek:
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper

When you say expanded do you mean expand the age range? :f_eek:
      Since Roo's so enthusiastic, I think we should restart The Zimmers. However, MisClick is stuck in a cleft between two steep rocks somewhere in the U.S.A. and will probably not be able to hack her own arm off in time to manage the club. Since she's the only one who can do this, we'll have to play somewhere else. Fortunately, I created the imaginatively named 'JB's Club' so that I could get my arse handed to me on a plate in last year's PS HU tournament. Let's play there.

Club ID number: 895115
      Invitation Code: jbpatzer123

I reckon it's too ageist just to restrict it to old farts. Anyone can join but I reserve the right to throw you out if

(1) I don't like the cut of your jib,
      (2) You check-raise me too often when I cbet 98% of my range,
      (3) You're no fun.

Joining the club does not guarantee you entry to the Skype channel, because not everyone can cope with Roo asking what the rules of 2-7 single draw are for the 17th time.

We usually start three or four nanostakes MTTs in various games at about 8pm and play until Vorpal sucks out in the final HU pot.

Anybody up for 8pm this Thursday?
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze

because not everyone can cope with Roo asking what the rules of 2-7 single draw are for the 17th time.

I have bought an ebook explaining all the rules :f_biggrin:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin

because not everyone can cope with Roo asking what the rules of 2-7 single draw are for the 17th time.

Have you read it? :coolface:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61

Hopefully we'll find out next week.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61

Hopefully we'll find out next week.
      I'm there :f_biggrin: