Figuring out PT4 graphs?

• shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Good evening, I have recently been trying to figure out my PT4 graph, ive played over 4k games of $0.50 turbo games, mainly 45 mans and 9man turbos.

My question is this, I have my net winnings and my roi adjusted on this graph, im trying to figure out why my roi adjusted has always been way above my net winnings, I don't really understand roi adjusted fully, but I assumed it ment this is what your true roi *should be*

Could anyone give me some information in a very easy way to understand what this graph tells you?

Thx shane

• 3 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      You can find the PT4 tutorial on luck adjusted graphs here. The only difference from cash games to tournaments is that instead of using straight equity values we use the ICM difference from the actual result and the expected result for tournaments.
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      i dot fully undertstand any of the luck adjusted graph stuff, hence why I wanted someone to actually say what my graph ment, thx for the reply though.

Does is mean iam running bad, running good, or is the roi adjusted not really worth looking at?
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      ICM is the Independent Chip Model. This model assigns a value in real currency to each chip based on stack sizes and the number of players in a given tournament. PokerTracker can use this model to calculate the value of your stack in the Game Currency of the tournament.

At the time of an all-in where we can calculate equity accurately we use the model's results instead of actual chip counts in our adjustments. So if you are in an all-in with an 80% chance to win in a $20 tournament and if you win you have a stack worth the equivalent of $10 and if you lose you are out of the tournament. This would yield an expected result of .8 * 10 + .2 * 0 = $8. However, that's never exactly what happens -- either you win the hand or lose the hand. So from this hand either you would be $8 under (green line below gold line) or $2 over (green line above gold line).

For each all-in situation where we can calculate we run these same numbers and that difference is what gives you the gap you're seeing.

However, given that it doesn't help you make any particular in game decisions in any paticulr hand, it's only going to be useful for reference purposes. If you want to get better at making push/fold decisions based on what ICM predicts, we recommend you take a look at our ICM Quiz in Tools -> ICM. That will give you a bunch of push/fold decisions and show you whether your decisions were long term winning or losing decisions based on the mathematics of the model.