Modern and updated SNG theory book for an intermediate player?

• ramabranch
      ramabranch
      Bronze
      Hey there,

Im a regular player that mainly focuses on turbo 18mans on stars but Ill throw some 45s in the mix and I have some past playing 180s so Ive been all over the place.

I havent read a poker book in a while and I think it might be nice to reafirm some concepts and refresh some theoretical background.

The thing I dont like about books is that they get old quite fast considering how game changes nowadays. Is true that some theoretical knowldege remains the same but Im still not happy to read a SNG book of 07ish since the game has changed soo much since then.

So tl;dr Which book can you recommend me about SNG strategy that Is sort of new and modern and that has something to give out to an intermediate player?

Thanks in advance!
  • 4 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, ramabranch!

You are absolutely right it's quite hard to find a book that stays relevant for a long time. Unfortunately, I don't think or at least I don't know an SnG book that is really helpful or good for nowadays games.

One book comes in my mind as a masterpiece(though a very hard book to read and understand imo)- and it's Will Tipton-Expert Heads up-it's 2 books, Volume 1 and Volume 2. But as you guess from the headline, it's focused on HU play.

If anyone has a good suggestion, please shoot!

Cheers!
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      Hey!
      It is true that game change rapidly but i found that this Sit 'n Go Strategy by Collin Moshman book is based on basics of playing single table SNG that havent changed because that is simply best way to play.
      Even multy table players can benefit from reading that book.

Cheers!
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      I would suggest zerosums book on crushing online sit and gos is probably the most uptodate book on stts, Colins book will always be a classic but it is rather old nowdays, but the principles are still the same.
    • deralte71
      deralte71
      Bronze
      I like Moshmans book