Bankroll

• qtkat
      qtkat
      Basic
      Hi gang. First time posting here. I have a bankroll. I took 7th in a freeroll at BetOnline and got paid out $6.00. I want to sit on it a while and gather some information before I do anything with it. Here are my options:

-Cash tables $0.01/$0.02 max buy in $2.00
      -$0.10 + $0.01 Sit and Gos
      -$0.10 + $0.01 MTTs
      -Continue playing freerolls and try to build up a little more.

I have heard cash games have the least variance but I don't have much experience with them and I am leary of putting 1/3 of my bankroll on the table at the get go. Is playing short stacked feasible? How feasible? How short?

I willing to incur a bit more than average risk early on to get myself going but then I don't mind slow and steady at all. I like full ring over 6-Max or HU and I don't see myself multi-tabling any time soon.

Thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey qtkat,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

I would suggest to keep playing the freerolls, maybe some .10c FR SnGs and MTTs. If you don't mind taking a bit of risk, then you could probably take a shot or 2 at NL2 (play with full stack of 100BBs) using BSS when you have 10BIs ($20). You could even take a shot at 5BIs ($10), but be warned there is a high risk of going broke.

Where are you from? In fact, why don't you get yourself added to our Member map. You never know, the nearest PokerStrategist may live right next door.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good Luck

Laz