New Beta update caused my HUD to stop working on Zoom.

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Worked fine before then you updated it to incorporate Stars new update and killed my HUD - Are you guys ever going to get this issue sorted? Also, never worked again since... even after a reinstall of the standard version.

PT4 HUD runs like a dream on Zoom tables. I don't know why I keep expecting HM2 to work...
  • 5 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Actually upon trying once again to no avail... I do know why... Because I paid for it to do just that!

I do admit no matter what it leaves PT4 still wondering what's going on when it comes to analysing your game and looking for leaks, however, your HUD does pay in more ways than one... It's laggy... Not such an issue for me as I am a bit of a gamer so I keep my PC in check and updated on the hardware front. But for people with older computers this is a very big issue causing time outs in some cases. And the fact that since HM2 was released (I bought it pretty early within two weeks of release I believe) it has suffered more than acceptable amounts at the zoom/rush tables... But PT4 never an issue, that I personally can remember. However I do obviously appreciate that I have not been consistently playing through this whole period (and PT4 could of just been a case of great timing) but whenever I do play, I always use trackers and I always (at least I have the luxury) resort to have to using PT4 as a back up as there is ALWAYS something with HM2... Works great for like 30 - 40k hands (Zoom excluded) Then bang predictable as ever the problems begin...

HM2 is still the superior product in terms of return on investment, and still when you import millions of hands into a new database... It brings up data A LOT faster than PT4 and with much more detail and the range of filters is just ... Well, amazing. Add this to the much simpler interface and you have your winner as PT4 does take a long while to update your data even after only 400k-500k hands and like I mentioned with less information available.

Lets face it if HM2 had ever worked properly for sustained periods of time... Then PT4 would be as obscure as PokerStrategy's Elephant. In my opinion... Except it may have a few hardcore fans who swear by it.

Anyway... I totally intended to write like 2 sentences... So um, if you read all that... That's my review of the two main trackers on the market... :f_o: ?( :s_o:
    • Crimson
      Crimson
      Bronze
      Hey MrMardyBum,

Please look at this tutorial.

Read it carefully and make sure that you did everything. :)

Regards,
      Crimson
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hey Crimson,

Thanks for the link - It is appreciated :) - I have been referred here previously however. And this is not my only real issue - At standard tables with HUD and Table Ninja running plus a database over 30k - 40k hands it can cause my whole poker client to seize up and sometimes my whole PC - I have way WAY above the standard recommended hardware and my database runs on a SSD on it's own. Plus add NoteCaddy to the mix and the program pretty much just laughs at me...

SSD contents:

Poker Tracker 4 - Has a basic but different version of NoteCaddy... I use that too.

Hold 'em Manager 2 (Plus apps)

Active HH import from poker client (Pokerstars in most cases).

PostgresSQL database

Poker client itself... Only PokerStars and Full Tilt installed presently.

Plus, the imported files are exported to my E: for back up.

Windows 8.1 runs from a different drive. Also now SSD.

I only ever run one tracker at a time... Sometimes two poker clients with a linked alias.

EDIT: While importing/playing I only use one tracker - However I do have them running together when I am doing reviews or not playing.
    • Crimson
      Crimson
      Bronze
      Check your C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Local\Temp folder for a file named StarsCommunicator.hm2 and if you see it please delete it.

Regards,
      Crimson
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      you need 8227

PT4 and HM2 now use the same libs to support Zoom, so if you use one of them and want to switch to the other one you also need to close Stars.
      And always make sure to start PT4 / HM2 before starting Stars.

I don't see what this has to do with your SSD and the other things you posted or did i miss another problem?