PT4 Not Working on regular tables or MTTs

• CreamyGoodness
      CreamyGoodness
      Bronze
      As the title says, PT4 won't work on regular ring game tables or MTTs, but it works fine on ZOOM tables.

I play on Stars, and mostly play low stakes Zoom games.

Postgres is up to date.

When I open PT4, it tends to freeze up and crash, meaning it takes several attempts to boot up and run smoothly.

When I click "get hands while playing" nothing happens, and when I click "view import status" I get the message:

Error: Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: PokerTracker is configured to import into an outdated database. This must be corrected before an import can succeed.

The message is repeated in the import status window several times.

This problem sprung up pretty much overnight. One day it was fine, next day wouldn't work on MTTs. Last few days I've been experimenting with deep cash games and HUD won't work, making the deep 6max games even tougher.
  • 6 replies
    • Crimson
      Crimson
      Bronze
      Hey CreamyGoodness,

Start by going to Database > Database Management and click Rebuild Cache > Full Cache Rebuild.

If it doesn't work, try creating new database. This way we will know whether the problem is your DB or PT4 itself. :)

Also make sure that you have the newest version of PokerTracker.

Kind regards,
      Crimson
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by CreamyGoodness
      As the title says, PT4 won't work on regular ring game tables or MTTs, but it works fine on ZOOM tables.

I play on Stars, and mostly play low stakes Zoom games.

Postgres is up to date.

When I open PT4, it tends to freeze up and crash, meaning it takes several attempts to boot up and run smoothly.

When I click "get hands while playing" nothing happens, and when I click "view import status" I get the message:

Error: Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: PokerTracker is configured to import into an outdated database. This must be corrected before an import can succeed.

The message is repeated in the import status window several times.

This problem sprung up pretty much overnight. One day it was fine, next day wouldn't work on MTTs. Last few days I've been experimenting with deep cash games and HUD won't work, making the deep 6max games even tougher.
      1. Restart your computer
      2. Download PokerTracker 4.11.11 (or the latest release) and run the installer.
      3. Read any windows that pop up at all steps of the installation process, if a window appears that asks you to update your database please allow this to be completed.
      4. We advise creating a new database if you do not come across a window that asks you to update your database. Click Database > Database Management. Click New, and follow the instructions here: https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/databases/creating-a-new-database-in-pokertracker-4#adding-a-new-database
      5. Make this new database the Active Database, and the Default Database. Close the Database Management window, and now select Tools > Setup Assistant. Choose Site Configuration. Please complete all of these steps, at the end any remnant hand histories will be imported for you.
      6. You can now start PokerStars. We advise starting with a simple low stakes cash game as a test. We suspect these steps will solve your problem.

Now that you have a new database that is working, you must return to the old database and export your hands (or use the Processed Files folder at your discretion). Switch back to the new database, and manually import the old hands by selecting Play Poker > Get Hands From Disk.

https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/tutorials/exporting-your-database

This will be a long process if you had a large database, but due to the error message we believe its prudent to take the safe route and assure your database is clean of any errors; this can only be done by starting a new database as described above.
    • CreamyGoodness
      CreamyGoodness
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick replies guys

I already have version 4.11.11, and I created a new database as recommended.

When I make the new database (or any database) active/default, a little window pops up saying

"unable to verify cache for database"

or

"unable to verify cache for PT4_2014_10_22_183616"

I tested in a micro cash game and import still wont work, no HUD either.

Also, where do I export my hands to? At the moment I have the hands saved to a standard folder, but how do I check where they should be exported to?

Sorry if all this is elementary, I am not really a computer guy.

Thanks for your time
    • CreamyGoodness
      CreamyGoodness
      Bronze
      Crimson, I can't rebuild the cache because "Pokertracker is unable to verify cache".
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by CreamyGoodness
      Thanks for the quick replies guys

I already have version 4.11.11, and I created a new database as recommended.

When I make the new database (or any database) active/default, a little window pops up saying

"unable to verify cache for database"

or

"unable to verify cache for PT4_2014_10_22_183616"

I tested in a micro cash game and import still wont work, no HUD either.

Also, where do I export my hands to? At the moment I have the hands saved to a standard folder, but how do I check where they should be exported to?

Sorry if all this is elementary, I am not really a computer guy.

Thanks for your time
      Please visit pokertracker.com, select Support > Contact Us to create a support ticket. You issue is very rare and will require one on one help, we cannot help you in this forum, additional research will be required. Good luck, we hope your issue is solved quickly with the help of our staff!
    • bbabareza
      bbabareza
      Silver
      whit new database maybe it can be work