This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Notes/Label colors

• 4 replies
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      I have quite basic labels:

Calling Station
      Nit
      Nittish-TAG
      Agg-TAG
      Over-Agg
      LAG
      Maniac
      Agg-Fish

Names are in english/finnish/finglish so they probably don't help you much, but those are the rough definitions how i have labeled players.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Silver
      Its very personal and depends on your needs. This is how I think for the moment:

My worst opponents are LAGs- loose-aggressives. So I give them RED. The ones that isnt good and maybe can be exploitable I give a lighter shade of red.

NITs aren't that hard to handle but I want to know because they might have good cards if they enter the pot. YELLOW

Calling stations and loose-passives I like so they get to shades of green.

The most common player-type whom I have at least 100 hands on (on zoom) are TAGs. My interest here is that these people have the same range as me so I give them two shades of BLUE depending on their quality.

Maniacs get purple but you dont see much of those.

And orange for those that I havent figured out yet but wont to observe.

The only fish around i me and I dont need to tag myself :)

• Megacorpse
      Megacorpse
      Bronze
      Pretty basic here:

yellow: guy looks bad but still not sure if he's a fish (low # of hand etc. but did something a typical fish does). Hes close to getting the green mark :f_biggrin:

green: Bad players. I dont categorize players with colors (green for cs, blue for maniac because I see it from the stats). Green is for players I want to play with every time, looks like they dont know much about theory. So I put all the cs and maniacs here

Purple: nits and bad tags. 10/6 players or players with big basic leaks like they fold to 80% of steals, fold to every cbet, reraise or whatever. Not your main source of income but I don't mind having them at the table.

orange: Guys that look good. Normal tag stats, harder to spot any leaks in their game. Good to analyse after getting lots of hands on them

red: guys that are as good/better than me. The 'I don't want to mess with this guy color'.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi 4s4s4s,

As you can see in other posts, the colours you choose don't have set rules so you can use what you like really.

I would say to make sure you use the same colour for the same player type each time! :D

Regards,

Mal.