888 Down Again

• Phisixuk
      Phisixuk
      Bronze
      888 is down again. This is the second time it has been down lately and also it was a bit dodgy the other night not letting me enter to open SNG's.

There is a lot of sites suffering from this lately, it cannot be a coincidence can it?
  • 52 replies
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Bronze
      Yeah it certainly looks suspicious, somebody has a vendetta against poker sites it seems! :D

Surely just has to be a coincidence.
    • 888Max
      888Max
      Global
      We are very sorry about the server issues we've been having over the past few days. Here is a statement from 888:

During the past few days we have been experiencing severe networking issues at 888poker. Our technical team is currently working with our technology partners to resolve the issue and we would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Customers who contacted our 888poker Support Team will receive answers within 72 hours, we are doing our best to handle all open cases and appreciate your patience.
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      pretty sure you're gonna solve your server issues, however whenever we get dc'd our money on the tables get lost somehow, on the next login that money is missing, which can be a lot depending on the stakes. There is a couple of thousands for mid stake regulars for sure.

Also the money in the pot while getting dc'ed is never returned to the players. I got an apology email from you guys, with a whole lot of bla bla , and 20$ recompansation, 20$ in my case is 3-5 bb's, and sometimes you get dc'd on the river where you already have your half stack or so in the pot (200-300$++), so who's gonna pay for that? or should i just be thankful i got the 20 bucks?:)
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Bronze
      Is it down again?

I got booted 2 hours ago & haven't been able to get back in since???
    • Betrunkener
      Betrunkener
      Bronze
      Why working you IT so bad?

• Mancefas
      Mancefas
      Bronze
      i get DC'ed everytime i play there (3 out of 3). No point in multitabling (6max super turbos...) or playing at all for that matter... Would be nice to get some kind of message from them after all these problems ar fixed...
    • 888Max
      888Max
      Global
      Hi all,

We are very sorry about the ongoing server issues that we've been encountering. Things seem to be steady now.
    • 888Max
      888Max
      Global
      Originally posted by imbahness
      pretty sure you're gonna solve your server issues, however whenever we get dc'd our money on the tables get lost somehow, on the next login that money is missing, which can be a lot depending on the stakes. There is a couple of thousands for mid stake regulars for sure.

Also the money in the pot while getting dc'ed is never returned to the players. I got an apology email from you guys, with a whole lot of bla bla , and 20$ recompansation, 20$ in my case is 3-5 bb's, and sometimes you get dc'd on the river where you already have your half stack or so in the pot (200-300$++), so who's gonna pay for that? or should i just be thankful i got the 20 bucks?:)
      Hi,

Money in the pot should be directed to the pot winner and the software will assume that all players are allin if they are all disconnected. If you don't believe you were compensated properly, it's best to email support and provide a screenshot and/or hand history if possible.

If you still don't believe you were properly compensated, please reply here or send me a pm and I can look into it.
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Originally posted by 888Max

Hi,

Money in the pot should be directed to the pot winner and the software will assume that all players are allin if they are all disconnected. If you don't believe you were compensated properly, it's best to email support and provide a screenshot and/or hand history if possible.

If you still don't believe you were properly compensated, please reply here or send me a pm and I can look into it.
      Money in the pot should be directed to the pot winner?... so if i'm planning to shove the river with my bluff, and have decent FE against my opponents range, and get dc'd in the meanwhile that should be normal that i lose the pot? or if i'm having the nuts OTR, and i get shoved on, getting dc'ed before making the call, I'm the loser of the pot once again, how do you see these cases fair? wouldn't that be more fair if everyone would just get back the money they started the hand with?...(knowing that we all got dc'ed and we all have hands on both profit, and minus ends) Provide screenshots/hand history, are you joking?so your job would be to operate your servers correctly , so your players won't dc once every half an hour, ok , you failed to do this, no worries, no harm. Players are playing thousands of hands daily, and now you want us to find every single one of those hands we got dc'ed in the middle of?

Can provide you with the last weeks hand history, not that you don't have it, but it might take you weeks, so let me know here if you want me to email them.
    • 888Max
      888Max
      Global
      The money never "gets lost" and is always distributed to player(s) at the table.

If only 1 player gets disconnected, then the software must make him lose the pot (otherwise anyone could just disconnect their cable when they don't want to lose a pot). If both get disconnected, then although not perfect, the method of assuming both players are allin has many advantages.

Support can probably find a specific hand that you are referencing, but I was just saying that it helps to expedite things if you can provide more information.
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      The money never "gets lost" and is always distributed to player(s) at the table.

If only 1 player gets disconnected, then the software must make him lose the pot (otherwise anyone could just disconnect their cable when they don't want to lose a pot). If both get disconnected, then although not perfect, the method of assuming both players are allin has many advantages.

Support can probably find a specific hand that you are referencing, but I was just saying that it helps to expedite things if you can provide more information.

Players cannot really abuse disconnections, it would be stupid, loosing the pot on purpose, but these dc's happen to everyone, playing server shuts down, not the players ISP, so it cannot be abused by our side.Still i don't think i will ever get refunded, won't argue with that, it's pretty clear for everyone who's responsibility it would be, but ofc you can't talk against your company, let's just leave it to that.

The other thing is that when i dc'd the money i had on the tables (wasn't part of any pot) disappeared, and now when i log in it just says ''the table you requested is no longer available'' , and the money is still missing.

Reached VIP a couple of days back, but my status doesn't update either, raked around 400$ since that , so that would be 40$ only from RB+the VIP freeroll i can't play in.

• 888Max
      888Max
      Global

Players cannot really abuse disconnections, it would be stupid, loosing the pot on purpose, but these dc's happen to everyone, playing server shuts down, not the players ISP, so it cannot be abused by our side.Still i don't think i will ever get refunded, won't argue with that, it's pretty clear for everyone who's responsibility it would be, but ofc you can't talk against your company, let's just leave it to that.

The other thing is that when i dc'd the money i had on the tables (wasn't part of any pot) disappeared, and now when i log in it just says ''the table you requested is no longer available'' , and the money is still missing.

Reached VIP a couple of days back, but my status doesn't update either, raked around 400$ since that , so that would be 40$ only from RB+the VIP freeroll i can't play in.

The money should definitely be returned to your account, although there could be a delay during a major server outage. Has it been returned now? If not, please tell support and they should be able to help you, along with the status issue. Sorry for all the problems you've had.
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      money hasn't been returned, status not updated, emailed the support, they took a week to respond with a copy paste, so not sure about the support..:) On 2+2 was suggested to tweet, bad marketing makes them do things, so wat up, should i just do that?, it can't be handled normally?.
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Hey it's 888, and as their advertisement say, they "play different". No doubt about that: higest rake, worst rakeback, crapy software and worst ever costumer support - they are only available when you want to deposit :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
    • murzius
      murzius
      Gold
      Yeh, rake back is a little shi**y :) but is a little bit coming back. It looks by traffic.
      Maybe they will offer something more
    • 888Max
      888Max
      Global
      money hasn't been returned, status not updated, emailed the support, they took a week to respond with a copy paste, so not sure about the support..:) On 2+2 was suggested to tweet, bad marketing makes them do things, so wat up, should i just do that?, it can't be handled normally?.
      You can PM me with your details and I can try to escalate for you
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      <<<<<<<<<<username same as here
    • 888Max
      888Max
      Global
      <<<<<<<<<<username same as here
      OK, I've escalated this for you
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Here we go, story repeats again. FKN disconnect all over the place again :D

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, SHUT THE FUCK DOWN YOUR SHITTY SITE UNTIL YOU FIX IT. AND FEED YOUR CURRENT INCOMPETENT TECH TEAM TO LIONS ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!