Ratholing!!

• pjlairdy
      pjlairdy
      Bronze
      X( I have been playing the short stack strategy on pokerroom and on my 2nd hand at a cash game in sb I was dealt AA and promptly went all in as there were 2 other raises in front of me. I won the hand and had nearly $4 and so as instructed sat out and left the table as it was no longer profitable to play. I have since not been credited this money in my real money account and emailed pokerroom to find out what had happened. Thyey sent me an email stating that ratholing was not allowed as it did not allow the other players the chance to win their money!! My "winnings" would have to be at the table for 2 hours before they would credit whatever was left after everyone had no doubt had their fill of my blinds!!! how is this fair on the person who has won exactly? X( X( X(
  • 7 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Huh? That is really weird.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Wow ... that blows hardcore ... have u been playing SSS on their pokerroom before? Maybe someone complained u or something? If I were u I'd raise the issue with the PS support as well. U'll need as much support on this as u can get I think.
    • pjlairdy
      pjlairdy
      Bronze
      I have just gone to the exact table where I tried to cash out to find my minimum buy in had changed to $3.90 (the amount which I had won) and ran into another couple of Donks who reraised my aces, needless to say I have got $8 now!!! LOL :D
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Are you serious - they cant stop you taking your winnings and leaving the table at any time, in my view that amounts to theft.
    • pjlairdy
      pjlairdy
      Bronze
      This is the email I was sent:

Thank you for your email about your account balance at the tables. I am so sorry to hear that you are having a difficulty with our games. At present your account balance is $53.96. What might be happening is the following: Ratholing is when a player wins money, leaves the table and comes back with less money. This is not strictly cheating, but is simply not fair to the other players who do not have an opportunity to win as much as they might otherwise. It is not permitted in public card rooms to remove chips from the table without cashing out. Currently, players will not be allowed to leave the table and come back to it with less money than they left the table with, for Pot-Limit and No-Limit tables. Neither can they sit out of a hand, click on "cashier" to bank some of their money and come back with less. This will be in effect for two hours from the point a player leaves the table. Now this Ratholing rule stays in effect for one hour. Thereafter your balance reverts back to what it was with those winnings should you not have lost any during this hour. Simply put is if you win e.g. $1000 and immediately try to leave the table, your balance will not include this $1000 you won. This funds will be at the table you left and the Ratholing rule will be in effect for that hour. To see the funds, you will need to go back to the exact table and the minimum buy in will show a different amount. Once you are seated you will notice your balance at that table should include the winnings. You can also have a look at your hand histories in your "My Account" page by logging into your account.

I did not try to go back to the table with less money, I simply sat out and left. It appears that they simply tie up the money for either 1 or 2 hours as when I went back to the table and won some more I simply sat out and waited for the software to kick me off the table, this then credited my account!!! Very strange indeed.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      that sucks - most platforms wont let you return to a table with less than the amount you left with, but they should still credit your account with that money.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Well as long as u got the money. I'd be mighty pissed if they didn't send it over after I'd win it. Inconvenient but hopefully they'll change this.