Grinding μNL on up!

• QooQoo
      QooQoo
      Bronze
      BANKROLL

Going to spend the next two months trying out a challenge. In a nutshell it's going to be the slow rise from 2NL all the way to 200NL on Pokerstars. It's a race to see if it can be done before the year is out. I was originally going to do a Tankroll Challenge, but I am no way able to withstand the up's and downs. Way to much of a rollercoaster for me at this moment.

Here's the rundown. I like poker, poker likes me. I like grinding. The only thing better then doing a bankroll builder yourself, is to watch someone else do it (so much less work!). So let's have a blast at it and see where I end up by the end of the year. If I can complete this I am going to take a stab at SNE, since I like grinding!

• 2NL - $20
      • 5NL - $75
      • 10NL - $200
      • 25NL - $625
      • 50NL - $1500
      • 100NL - $3500
      • 200NL - $8000 - DONE

I'm also going to try and post daily until I'm done. Crazy I know. Winter is coming...time to get grinding.
  • 7 replies
    • QooQoo
      QooQoo
      Bronze
      So today the challenge will begin! I'll be starting around 7pm CET for my first session so this should be really exciting. I decided to stream my grind with some delay over on the twitch platform for some sessions, see how that goes as I can record them for myself to watch as well. Was feeling under the weather still but am better now.

Also some breaking news, Pokerstars is increasing rake now! More to come?

*ok make that 12am CET
    • QooQoo
      QooQoo
      Bronze
      So today ended up being my real first day, still going at it now. At 2nl playing zoom and regular tables and i find that the zoom tables are still fishy enough to warrant being played over the regular tables as it's easier to execute a more simple grind able strategy there. Just a little over 10k hands, and the first 3k had me down at the lowest to $12, so that was a bit scary. Everything straighten up and now I am sitting at ~$34 after winning a $11 satty with 235FPP in the tradition of micro players at Pokerstars. The 235FPP satty's will be the best bang for your FPP buck so to say til you move up higher in the VIP tree, and if your playing 2nl your not going to be to high at all.

Here's a graph of the first ~10k hands.
    • QooQoo
      QooQoo
      Bronze
      So day 3 is about to kick off. I ended yesterday after playing a few hands at 5nl zoom. I am going to head back to it today but as of now I'm up a buy in after a few hands from today included. So far the challenge is going great and that small dip at the start of the graph really seems so insignificant now, but back at the start it really had me doubting a little.

Up to day 3 graph.

yesterday I felt like I played really well, stopped myself getting distracted on the other monitors unlike what happened the first day. 2nl zoom is still very beatable. It's just very solid and basic poker. value bet, steal blinds, cbet a lot, play like a nit postflop, profit!
    • QooQoo
      QooQoo
      Bronze
      booo, missed a day. yesterday was terrible, i got bored while playing and just went all fancy pants and started playing in some higher varience spots. also got coolered 3 times, so that let me quickly lose the shot. but hey that's ok, I'm using an aggressive BRM and i expect these things to happen (and quite often to be honest). so anyways the issue was that once i moved back down to 2nl i did one of my big leaks which is watch some engrossing tv shows so my game was definately not playing well at all. anyways, i called it a day since i was tired fairly early so that why i didnt post (aka i forgot). so that was yesterday.

for today.....
      I grinded, although not as much as I'd hope but I'm getting a bit tired now so maybe ill call it as well. I regrinded 2nl and now am sitting on 75$ again and ready to take another shot, obviously use much more low variance plays duh! for those interested heres the graphs and stats by stakes.

should be clear on the graph where my play was slipping, and when my day 5 started.

losing that focus resulted in me having to grind almost another 20k hands (to be fair a good ~3k hands i think were from tv time..)
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      will be following!

Goodl uck man!
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      I'm also following so don't give up!

Best of luck :s_thumbsup:
    • QooQoo
      QooQoo
      Bronze
      I wanted to stick to this really hard, but at some point I used similarly aggressive BRM to try out different formats and games at the micro stakes and a hard drive failed (my media all gone too :( ). I might request hands from pokerstars but everything is a mess, but it was fun. RIP ME. I'm still using the current roll and was around $40 when I started to start building it up again so lets see what happens.

right now its $40 -> $80. I'll update my first post and probably make a more structured post about what I'll do going forward from here.

in a nutshell...SnG's fun! Spin and Go's fun! i have a liking for Fifty50's on stars, really really fun! PL Hold'em FUN! i've just been trying to have fun with the run, but now i'll try and point the direction upwards. you guys should really give the Fifty50's a shot, they are great fun.